PoLk @ CaK

polkalumn01

I would say, overall, Polk's special teams are a little better this year than last. Coverage teams have been pretty solid across the board. Kickoffs aren't very deep but well covered thus far. Place kicking has been a pleasant surprise, extra-points are as automatic as they have been since the graduation of Mr. Football Mike Hammons. Polk's punter has the ability to really boom a ball, but has struggled with consistency. Kickoff returns haven't been much, but Polk has shown some big play capability on punt returns.

Thanks for that overview. Too many times special teams get overlooked. We missed 3 PAT's and a 2 pt. conversion in our 1 pt loss against Grace, and gave up a punt return for a TD and then a 2pt conversion in the OT loss to LaVergne. I may be wrong, but I don't think we've missed a PAT since the loss to Grace in week 4. Our kickoff team is hit or miss. Good one week, not so good the next. Our kickoff return is usually more about securing the ball and giving it to our offense than about returning it for a touchdown, so nothing too exciting.

Just heard we will also be having some BQ at the concession stands this week. Yum yum. :hungry: I hope Polk brings a big crowd to eat all the vittles, I'm told that much of the CAK student body will be on a Young Life retreat at Sharp Top Friday night. I guess me and mommy bear will have to yell twice as loud, ha.

I had someone bring this post to my attention. I do realize that the times free press is the bible but you need to take into consideration that farmer had a torn hamstring and thigh muscle. Due to this he missed two complete ball games and two half games. Then he was put in a series of d then another player was switched in through the next game. At the signal mountain game he had 18 taackles a fumble recovery and an interception. He calls the defense and keeps them in check. When a player doesn't know what to do he has to tell them. He is overlooked most of the time by coaches and newspapers. Thank you very much.

I had someone bring this post to my attention. I do realize that the times free press is the bible but you need to take into consideration that farmer had a torn hamstring and thigh muscle. Due to this he missed two complete ball games and two half games. Then he was put in a series of d then another player was switched in through the next game. At the signal mountain game he had 18 taackles a fumble recovery and an interception. He calls the defense and keeps them in check. When a player doesn't know what to do he has to tell them. He is overlooked most of the time by coaches and newspapers. Thank you very much.

Little sensitive aren't we, Mom? You'll note that I pointed out that Farmer is a very good high school football player. And I agree; as a senior middle LB, he is, as he should be, a leader on the defense. Also, no questioning his toughness, I understand he has played through injuries all season.

Having said all that, I was simply pointing out the FACT, regardless of the circumstances, that Miller leads the team in tackles (per TFP & CDB). I had hoped, and continue to hope, that the days of worrying so much about individual statistics were over.

Go Polk!

Absolutely. Would you not be? I don't care about stats. I know my kid is a humble football player. Football has been his lie for 13 years. He never worries about what people say and think. He loves the game more than anything. He is just glad he is healthy enough to play. He has had a tough year with injuries. He would do anythng for any coach or player on his team. I do realize you put in there he is a good player. He would be on up there in the times free press had the injuries not occured. That is the FACT.

Absolutely. Would you not be? I don't care about stats. I know my kid is a humble football player. Football has been his lie for 13 years. He never worries about what people say and think. He loves the game more than anything. He is just glad he is healthy enough to play. He has had a tough year with injuries. He would do anythng for any coach or player on his team. I do realize you put in there he is a good player. He would be on up there in the times free press had the injuries not occured. That is the FACT.

The fact that you mentioned stats in two consecutive posts prove to me that you don't care about them hahahaha. I have a question, what age do you quit caring about your name being in the paper?? I did about 7th grade. Maybe that's just me

I had someone bring this post to my attention. I do realize that the times free press is the bible but you need to take into consideration that farmer had a torn hamstring and thigh muscle. Due to this he missed two complete ball games and two half games. Then he was put in a series of d then another player was switched in through the next

game. At the signal mountain game he had 18 taackles a

fumble recovery and an interception. He calls the defense and keeps them in check. When a player doesn't know

what to do he has to tell them. He is overlooked most of

the time by coaches and newspapers. Thank you very

What makes you think the coaches overlook your son? I believe he has played on the varsity since his sophomore

year.

Edited by snotbubble

There is no question that injuries play a huge part in high school football. The reality is that this game is not just about talent and determination but also about how healthy you can stay. A number of teams that I follow closely have had players that have been injured this year and it has affected their stats accordingly. One of my favorites for CAK, #54, went out for the season with an ACL tear. It is even more tough to see a substantial injury during senior year. My heart goes out to the mom who is her son's biggest fan and has to see their potential cut short by injuries, but that is the nature of the game they love. Here's to a good clean contest with no injuries Friday night between two very good football teams. Polk fans, have a safe trip to Knoxville and we hope you enjoy your visit to CAK. It's a small but very nice facility and the people are as good as you'll meet.

Edited by Govolsknox

There is no question that injuries play a huge part in high school football. The reality is that this game is not just about talent and determination but also about how healthy you can stay. A number of teams that I follow closely have had players that have been injured this year and it has affected their stats accordingly. One of my favorites for CAK, #54, went out for the season with an ACL tear. It is even more tough to see a substantial injury during senior year. My heart goes out to the mom who is her son's biggest fan and has to see their potential cut short by injuries, but that is the nature of the game they love. Here's to a good clean contest with no injuries Friday night between two very good football teams. Polk fans, have a safe trip to Knoxville and we hope you enjoy your visit to CAK. It's a small but very nice facility and the people are as good as you'll meet.

#85 this year, moved from offensive tackle (#54) to FB/TE. :D