Tullahoma Play Calling?

wildcatdude

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that, or they thought we should have went deeper into the playoffs. This crap didn't happen last year.

I have been a fan of Tullahoma football for many years, I think the coaches all want what is best for the program. I would have done some things different but the success of the program speaks for it's self. The only thing that I would like to acknowledge is that Tullahoma has had success in years past competing at the highest level of competition. We have been to the semi-finals two times and lost to the eventual state champion both times (Oak Ridge 1979 & Jefferson County 1987). The coaches of these teams are still coaching. One (Coach Joe Gaddis) has won a state championship and the other (Dan Bland) has been to the semi-finals many times. Most of the players of these two teams will tell you that they respect these men today. The thing that both taught is do not make excuses. Play the game hard, compete and good things will happen.

All I would say to the current staff concerning their post season record is if you do things the same way you will get the same results, maybe a slightly different approach in preparation for the post season would result in a different outcome. There is no tommorrow in the post season like there is in the regular season.

I have been a fan of Tullahoma football for many years, I think the coaches all want what is best for the program. I would have done some things different but the success of the program speaks for it's self. The only thing that I would like to acknowledge is that Tullahoma has had success in years past competing at the highest level of competition. We have been to the semi-finals two times and lost to the eventual state champion both times (Oak Ridge 1979 & Jefferson County 1987). The coaches of these teams are still coaching. One (Coach Joe Gaddis) has won a state championship and the other (Dan Bland) has been to the semi-finals many times. Most of the players of these two teams will tell you that they respect these men today. The thing that both taught is do not make excuses. Play the game hard, compete and good things will happen.

As part of the '87 team, I agree. Today is a much different time though. Only a handful of players have the desire, dedication, and work ethic as those on the two playoff teams you just mentioned.