A-AA 2012

ballbasher30

I know most of the Central team and this is McMinn Centrals best hope at advancing. Top heavy with 6 or 7 good Sr's and really good Jr midfielder and the long awaited goal scorer to complete the team finally arrived as a freshman. It's all or nothing after this year. They will surprise a lot of people. Pre-season haven't played any big games yet but beat Walker valley 5-1 and the one goal was what I am sure was there only shot on goal..

McMinn Central's District should be a fun one to watch this year, from what I saw at playday, and can remember from last year. I thought Boyd and MC were very close in talent with Silverdale not far behind.

Haven't seen or recieved a report on Sweetwater or Grace yet, but both teams were young and tough last year. This district should provide some nailbiter games in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by MVM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace IS looking good with strong Soph class settling in after winning district last year. Only lost 2 starting seniors to graduation and another solid group of freshman added this year. That being said, one super soph transfer, one Sr that decided to sit out (???) and only other Sr who is captain and goal scorer out for another week with severely sprained ankle. Consequently, seriously short on depth for now. Have dodged two bullets so far with 1-0 wins against good Walker Valley and CSAS teams. Defense is solid and has kept them in games with veteran back line and keeper. Will need a few underclassmen to step up and develop quick on offense to completely solidify. Big test tomorrow against EH in Region final rematch at home.

Grace IS looking good with strong Soph class settling in after winning district last year. Only lost 2 starting seniors to graduation and another solid group of freshman added this year. That being said, one super soph transfer, one Sr that decided to sit out (???) and only other Sr who is captain and goal scorer out for another week with severely sprained ankle. Consequently, seriously short on depth for now. Have dodged two bullets so far with 1-0 wins against good Walker Valley and CSAS teams. Defense is solid and has kept them in games with veteran back line and keeper. Will need a few underclassmen to step up and develop quick on offense to completely solidify. Big test tomorrow against EH in Region final rematch at home.

Dodged a bullet against CSAS ? This must not be the same CSAS team that Notre Dame played in late preseason (yea yea, preseason I know doesn't count) and easily had 6 points up on them before halftime....Got to see a lot of JV play that game for ND...CSAS appeared to be very young this year...

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Yeah...heard the same thing Champ bout CSAS vs ND. All im saying is the same Grace team that played Cleveland and Signal Mtn to hard fought ties and only lost to CCS 2-0 in pre-season play day (with a man down the entire day due to illness and scheduling conflicts) had their hands full against CSAS and were even outplayed in the first half. I'm telling you, somebody had coached those girls up cause they played smart and tough.

Yeah...heard the same thing Champ bout CSAS vs ND. All im saying is the same Grace team that played Cleveland and Signal Mtn to hard fought ties and only lost to CCS 2-0 in pre-season play day (with a man down the entire day due to illness and scheduling conflicts) had their hands full against CSAS and were even outplayed in the first half. I'm telling you, somebody had coached those girls up cause they played smart and tough.

Don't worry "EE" D see's everything through green and gold glasses LOL. DonC he's not.

This is just a curiousity post.....is anybody aware of a Single A girls team north of Knoxville that is quitely a very solid squad? They will play CAK Monday......and while I have no disillusions that they will win, I strongly suspect they will be much more competetive that any time in their history. This is a very young team too.....the bulk of their starters are Sophmores and Freshmen. They might be worth a look and see in the near future. I believe they are currently 4-0.

Kazano

I would think they could go hand in hand couldn't they...? A high school player that is formitable enough to propel their side to the state tournament would get inquiries from colleges. Demographically, this rural setting does not lend itself to players commonly transitting back and forth to club teams. Knoxville is an hour out......so that puts some financial onus on the parents? Not saying it isn't doable.....just tremendous burden on the part of the parent....not to mention time consuming.

Kazzy

This is just a curiousity post.....is anybody aware of a Single A girls team north of Knoxville that is quitely a very solid squad? They will play CAK Monday......and while I have no disillusions that they will win, I strongly suspect they will be much more competetive that any time in their history. This is a very young team too.....the bulk of their starters are Sophmores and Freshmen. They might be worth a look and see in the near future. I believe they are currently 4-0.

Kazano

Be specific and say Oneida so I don't have to look it up...I don't have a lot of free time on my hands...bored.gif

It is Oneida and all I can say is how did a Single A public school get so lucky as to stumble onto this many solid soccer players in such a rural area. They aren't the best team out there, but they have a very solid linep-up. And there bench has some depth too. When their overall fitness improves they will be a tough task for anyone.

Kaz