who will take the greenfield football job

lineman4life

So the guy has no highschool coaching experience....that sounds like a good hire, lol.

Maybe not, but apparently, he's got college experience, which is even better. If true, this is a good hire for Greenfield.

Not gonna be easy, though. If this program is to be turned around, it will take not only someone with good coaching ability, but someone with charisma to go along with it. One of the biggest obstacles when taking over a "down" program is recruiting the hallways. Gotta put excitement back into the program and get the kids off the fence and out onto the field. Then there comes the installation of motivation, confidence, and a system that kids will buy into and play hard in. You need X's and O's, a good motivator/disciplinarian, and also, someone kids want to play for. I would've ran through a brick wall for my high school head coach when I played. That's the kind of guy you need.

Good luck to this young coach. It will be a long, drawn out process. And for fans of Greenfield and his own sake, I hope he is allowed to hire on some assistants. If not, it's right next to impossible to compete with, let alone beat their competition consistently. Again, good luck.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not, but apparently, he's got college experience, which is even better. If true, this is a good hire for Greenfield.

Not gonna be easy, though. If this program is to be turned around, it will take not only someone with good coaching ability, but someone with charisma to go along with it. One of the biggest obstacles when taking over a "down" program is recruiting the hallways. Gotta put excitement back into the program and get the kids off the fence and out onto the field. Then there comes the installation of motivation, confidence, and a system that kids will buy into and play hard in. You need X's and O's, a good motivator/disciplinarian, and also, someone kids want to play for. I would've ran through a brick wall for my high school head coach when I played. That's the kind of guy you need.

Good luck to this young coach. It will be a long, drawn out process. And for fans of Greenfield and his own sake, I hope he is allowed to hire on some assistants. If not, it's right next to impossible to compete with, let alone beat their competition consistently. Again, good luck.

Good Post....I Think You Have Hit It On The Head...