Chester @ Covington

chs15

OK,I get the point.Carlos Williams is fantastic.Carlos Williams will play this week.The Chargers have come togther very well since Mr.fantastic was hurt and other backs have stepped into "his" shoes.If I were a Charger fan I'd be a little worried that all this Carlos hype might have a negative effect on team chemistry,and that he might have a little rust on the hinges too.I've seen coaches literaly wear unwashed "lucky" socks in the belief that "you don't change anything when it's working",and changing your lineup and/or playbook from an injured player returning definately messes with that theory more than washing a pair of socks.The Mr.fantastic comment was not a knock on the Williams kid,just a jab at some posters who imply(without saying as much)that he's so much better than the backs that Covington has been winning with in his absence,that no-one has a chance to stop them now that he's back...well,there's still that tenth of a percent,but I have seen him Dance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Great post..should CW play it has a higher percentage of of upsetting Chargers chances IMO as noted above..if he doesnt Chargers chances of winning are higher..this group of young men simply wont quit

However if CC comes to play as they have all season ..putting extra desire to stop Covingtons vaulted wing-t various sets ,they win ,but CC cant quit at any time no matter the situation or score..hoping for an injury free well disciplined game from both teams ..its gonna be smash mouth type of game!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should someone notify the tssaa that they have made a mistake it's not Covington it's C.Williams. It shouldn't be listed Covington in the brackets, etc. It should be C. Williams, as the C.Williams people continue to insist. So cross out Covington in the brackets and replace with C.Williams. C.Williams vs Dyersburg, Obion County and CC. Oh wait he hasn't been playing, so why is he continued to be discussed. He's not playing and will not be playing. Discuss and recognize the guys playing and contributing. Hope these posters are not he or his folks. Doing fine with what they got. Covington by 14

That's a LARGE statement I guess if he does play CC, Maplewood/Whitehouse, and Greeneville should stay at home and just call in the forfeit!

C'mon man!

He wasn't even in the rap video was he?

What does a rap video have to do with it? He wasn't in the video cause the video was all the seniors, he's a junior. And that is a large statement, I believe that there isnt anyONE in the state that could stop him but this isnt a 1 on 1 sport. So a TEAM might could stop him but it still will be very tough! And hes not just a dangerous rb. He is even more dangerous on defense. I'll call 2 picks from him of CC throws. Idk how good of a team they are but if theyve made it this far they have to be pretty good.

LSUbound, chill out there buddy! Lol.... I'm sure the kid is a very good RB/DB but like you said it is in fact a team sport! The guy said no team in the sate could keep up with Covington if he plays! That is a very LARGE and rediculous statement!

The rap video comment was just me poking fun! I rather enjoyed it myself!

From what I've read on here and seen on YouTube it seems like Covington is a shove it down your throat/3 yards in a cloud of dust kinda team! CC is a shove it down your throat/spread you out kinda team!

This will be a very good game of two very good teams! I can't wait til Friday night!! GO EAGLES!!

I can guarentee one thing, when covington and chester county step on the field, covington will be the fastest team out there. Like I have said before, I just dont see anyone stopping their running game for 4 quarters. They have too much speed in the backfield and the O-line will wear teams down. I have seen this happen in all of the big games covington has played. But as always, if CC has success throwing the ball, it could be a long night for Covington.

I can guarentee one thing, when covington and chester county step on the field, covington will be the fastest team out there. Like I have said before, I just dont see anyone stopping their running game for 4 quarters. They have too much speed in the backfield and the O-line will wear teams down. I have seen this happen in all of the big games covington has played. But as always, if CC has success throwing the ball, it could be a long night for Covington.

Mitchell was the fastest team CC has played all year, and they couldn't handle CC's speed and hitting ability! CC has a good offense, but their defense is what has got them this far!

wow they will not be the fastest team we played, Mitchell was by far the fastest. At this point of the year every game is big. Just like usetoplay said Cc got here with our "D". I do understand that Covington has a great run game. Everyone is west TN knows that by now. Good luck to both teams but as always GO EAGLES!!!!!

wow they will not be the fastest team we played, Mitchell was by far the fastest. At this point of the year every game is big. Just like usetoplay said Cc got here with our "D". I do understand that Covington has a great run game. Everyone is west TN knows that by now. Good luck to both teams but as always GO EAGLES!!!!!

Just wait and watch. Covington will be the fastest team y'all play even if CW doesn't come back.