Chester @ Covington

chs15

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice post and im sure yall do want this as yall should. This time of the year everyone wants it. And dont talk about being down for a few years. CC has been down for a long time, so that point isnt valid imo. our boys will be ready just as your chargers will too. Gl to both teams. And if anyone can help me on how many people stadium holds would be greatly appreciated. I think both teams are gonna bring alot of people. Ive actually heard that Lexington and Liberty kids might come to the game too. But thats just rumors. It should be a great night of football. GO EAGLES!!!

IT HOLDS ABOUT 6000. SO BRING A CAR LOAD. COME EARLY OR PARKING WILL GET TIGHT.

CC is tough. I think they will match Covington's speed. And they are big up front I just don't think Covington will be able to run on them. CC offense is very predictable. And Covington's D will slow them down. Final score. CC 28 Covington 14

has being big stopped them all year.. covingtons o line is very small but somehow blocks have been made on them big boys.. if covingtons backs gets into chesters secondary it won't be pretty.. ill say covington 28 chester 21.. gonna be a good game.. can't wait to go support my chargers this friday.. does anybody know if the tickets will still be 8 dollars?

has being big stopped them all year.. covingtons o line is very small but somehow blocks have been made on them big boys.. if covingtons backs gets into chesters secondary it won't be pretty.. ill say covington 28 chester 21.. gonna be a good game.. can't wait to go support my chargers this friday.. does anybody know if the tickets will still be 8 dollars?

They will be

Are these 2 teams predominately black schools or white? Just wondering

CC prolly 75% Caucasian school & team

Covington prolly 50/50 school wise, team wise prolly 40% caucasian

Both just an estimate guess

As for the seating @ Covington, visitor side much larger than Chester's visitor side prolly 12-15 rows deep length of the field. Bout the same for Home side, but maybe 15-20 rows. Plenty of standing room.

wow really did you read what i said. I know coaching makes a difference. But i dont think Covingtons coaching is better then CC at all. In fact ill put Hodum up against alot of coaches in the state. I dont wanna be a pain or nothing and was trying to be tactful in what i said. Ok well here goes i believe that CC will win becasue of there coaches. They have brought a team together and made it to this round in less then a year. How many programs can do that? These kids will give up everything for these coaches. Oh and go ask TCA how valuable Hodum and the staff was. They didnt do to good this year. Yes it does matter. GO EAGLES!!

On a side note how many does the stadium hold? Im expecting alot of CC fans to make the drive to the game.

only read about half the thread...but had to post on this...im a huge coach wheeler fan...great guy...great coach...as is hodum...wheeler has never had a ton of talent to work with...when he was at ripley he had tons of size but no skills players...i feel like he did all he could there...i had the opportunity to work with him for a few years and really enjoyed listening to him and his philosophy on ball...now it seems like he has the skill players and not so much size...and hes doin just fine...coaching matchup is a wash...hodum is good too...

as for the game and my pick...CC...thats chester county to be sure...especially if the CC qb is completely healthy...ive said all season that 14AA was superior to district 13...i cant leave that now...and i really do think the size of chester up front will be an issue...problem with chester is their boys are so big/tall they stand up 1st instead of step and push...i expect CC to push the ball down covingtons throat just as covington has to their opponents all year...if CC doesnt do so...they wont win

only read about half the thread...but had to post on this...im a huge coach wheeler fan...great guy...great coach...as is hodum...wheeler has never had a ton of talent to work with...when he was at ripley he had tons of size but no skills players...i feel like he did all he could there...i had the opportunity to work with him for a few years and really enjoyed listening to him and his philosophy on ball...now it seems like he has the skill players and not so much size...and hes doin just fine...coaching matchup is a wash...hodum is good too...

as for the game and my pick...CC...thats chester county to be sure...especially if the CC qb is completely healthy...ive said all season that 14AA was superior to district 13...i cant leave that now...and i really do think the size of chester up front will be an issue...problem with chester is their boys are so big/tall they stand up 1st instead of step and push...i expect CC to push the ball down covingtons throat just as covington has to their opponents all year...if CC doesnt do so...they wont win

thanks dhs. I agree if cc doesnt run then we probably wont win. Its a fair statement. I agree with you on the coaching point too. Both coaches are great and the kids will be ready for this one as well. GO EAGLES!!!

CC prolly 75% Caucasian school & team

Covington prolly 50/50 school wise, team wise prolly 40% caucasian

Both just an estimate guess

As for the seating @ Covington, visitor side much larger than Chester's visitor side prolly 12-15 rows deep length of the field. Bout the same for Home side, but maybe 15-20 rows. Plenty of standing room.

Well the field and seating sounds great. seems to be a great place to play football. Im hoping there is a full crowd there friday. GO EAGLES!!!

Edited by slward

Agreed!

I don't know for sure how many people the stadium holds, but I have never seen anybody fill up the visitor's side completely, and that includes Brighton & Munford. Both schools have more students than Covington and they are just a 5 minute drive from us, so I don't think that you will run out of room. We will be glad to host all the fans that you can bring. Our field is one of the best in West Tennessee, too.

Looking forward to a good crowd on Friday.

Should've been there 97 or 98 when Melrose came down. Filled up the visitors side, plus the North end of the track about 12 deep.

Should've been there 97 or 98 when Melrose came down. Filled up the visitors side, plus the North end of the track about 12 deep.

i think CC will bring alot of fans. Ive talked to alot of people here and they are all going to the game. It should be a great atmosphere.I dunnno if we are gonna fill it up but we will have plenty of fans there. GO EAGLES!!!!