WebbvsUSJ and St.GvsHarding

MemphisPrep1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Webb and usj game the two best teams. Both of these teams are going to score a ton of points. The question is who can stop the other. As for the other game harding seems to be playing great football right now and the two times I have seen sgis play, at usj and vs sbec, they have not played very well. I think st George doesn't have enough fire power to beat Harding again

I think Webb and usj game the two best teams. Both of these teams are going to score a ton of points. The question is who can stop the other. As for the other game harding seems to be playing great football right now and the two times I have seen sgis play, at usj and vs sbec, they have not played very well. I think st George doesn't have enough fire power to beat Harding again

Webb will win hands down. There is a big gap between Div.II A and AA. The top 5 teams in single A USJ,Harding,SBEC,ECS and St.George are great teams but still not at Webbs level. Webb could handle more than half of the double AA schools.

Webb will win hands down. There is a big gap between Div.II A and AA. The top 5 teams in single A USJ,Harding,SBEC,ECS and St.George are great teams but still not at Webbs level. Webb could handle more than half of the double AA schools.

Guess that's the reason we play the game - not for sure Webb will win as easily as you think.

Long trip from Jackson - but that's why we have vacation days! - can't wait...should be a good game.

Kimberlin is a great player. How was Webb able to stop him from doing anything?

To answer your question about how Webb stopped Kimberlin is that Webb's coaches had two weeks to prepare for him and their offense. Webb's coaches are second to none and knew exactly what SBEC was going to try and do. Plus Webb's linebackers and defensive backs are just so fast that they can prevent the big play from happening by swarming to the football. With that being said, this Webb team has a running attack that has not been close to being stopped in divisional games and I don't see USJ being able to slow the Spartans down. USJ might have a good offense but that is what they said about there offense back in the 2009-2010 season when they laid a goose egg in the state championship against the Spartans. Webb has too much overall speed for USJ and the game plan made by the Webb coaches will have the Spartans very prepared for anything USJ tries to throw at them. With that being said, I haven't had the chance to watch USJ this year, what are their strengths and weaknesses this year??

With that being said, this Webb team has a running attack that has not been close to being stopped in divisional games and I don't see USJ being able to slow the Spartans down. Webb has too much overall speed for USJ and the game plan made by the Webb coaches will have the Spartans very prepared for anything USJ tries to throw at them. With that being said, I haven't had the chance to watch USJ this year, what are their strengths and weaknesses this year??

You do know this makes you look like an idiot, right?????

Usj has some pretty darn good coaches to and they will ready. Usj's offense is clicking better than it was last year after only loosing one reciever and Ryan garner is an excellent decision maker and more willing to sit in the pocket than overby who was really eager to pull it down and run it was wich I think helps usj. The defense was in position last week against ecs we just didn't make tackels we normally make. If the d line plays like they did against sgis and the offense keeps rolling, I think usj will not only make it a game, but is very capable of pulling of the upset

USJ v Webb

USJ is a very solid football team this year. I think that their QB is as good as the Overby kid was last year, I don't think he makes the decisions that Overby had to but that's what coaching is all about. I think that staff has done a great job and letting this kid do what he does best, and I think he throws the ball better than Overby did. Webb is a solid football team too. I have seen film on them and they have a ton of team speed, it is almost scary how fast they are. Jackson to Knoxville is a long bus ride but it is even a longer drive back when your coming home after a loss! If USJ can somehow slow down Webb on O and D, play lights out on special teams, take care of the football and stay away from stupid mistakes... they will have a chance! (I think this is going to be the case with any team that plays Webb.) It should be a great high school football game, I wish I could watch it... if it were in Jackson I would! I think Webb wins by 14.

SG v Harding

Harding is coming off an unimpressive win vs a very average 3-7 Davidson team in the second round of the play-offs. What is impressive is that they managed to score 63 points! They seem to be doing all the right things right now. SG traveled to DCA last week and upset the #1 seed in the quarter finals. Omar Williams rushed for (if the paper was right) 250 yards vs a very solid DCA defense. This game should be interesting from a standpoint that SG beat Harding in the regular season by 10 @ home. Now they have to go to Harding and beat them again. Now, everybody knows that it is hard to beat a team twice in one year, so with that said let me say this... I don't think that either team is the same team that they were at mid season. Both programs seemed to have settled into the respective schemes and are playing at a much higher level. Just from my personal opinion, Harding's coaching staff doesn't do a very good job of making good decisions when it counts the most, so I think they will keep Harding from doing what they need to do in order to be successful Friday night. SG wins by 10.

The state championship with be a rematch from last year with SG and Webb making it to the finals. Once again, you gotta love high school football!

USJ v Webb

USJ is a very solid football team this year. I think that their QB is as good as the Overby kid was last year, I don't think he makes the decisions that Overby had to but that's what coaching is all about. I think that staff has done a great job and letting this kid do what he does best, and I think he throws the ball better than Overby did. Webb is a solid football team too. I have seen film on them and they have a ton of team speed, it is almost scary how fast they are. Jackson to Knoxville is a long bus ride but it is even a longer drive back when your coming home after a loss! If USJ can somehow slow down Webb on O and D, play lights out on special teams, take care of the football and stay away from stupid mistakes... they will have a chance! (I think this is going to be the case with any team that plays Webb.) It should be a great high school football game, I wish I could watch it... if it were in Jackson I would! I think Webb wins by 14.

SG v Harding

Harding is coming off an unimpressive win vs a very average 3-7 Davidson team in the second round of the play-offs. What is impressive is that they managed to score 63 points! They seem to be doing all the right things right now. SG traveled to DCA last week and upset the #1 seed in the quarter finals. Omar Williams rushed for (if the paper was right) 250 yards vs a very solid DCA defense. This game should be interesting from a standpoint that SG beat Harding in the regular season by 10 @ home. Now they have to go to Harding and beat them again. Now, everybody knows that it is hard to beat a team twice in one year, so with that said let me say this... I don't think that either team is the same team that they were at mid season. Both programs seemed to have settled into the respective schemes and are playing at a much higher level. Just from my personal opinion, Harding's coaching staff doesn't do a very good job of making good decisions when it counts the most, so I think they will keep Harding from doing what they need to do in order to be successful Friday night. SG wins by 10.

The state championship with be a rematch from last year with SG and Webb making it to the finals. Once again, you gotta love high school football!

Thanks for the insight on USJ. I had no idea they had a Quarterback of that caliber. I hear they have a very good RB/WR that they try and get the ball to a lot. What kind of player is he? You think he has enough speed to make big plays against the Webb defense?

SG appears to have a better run defense than pass defense. If Harding QB and receivers in sync then i think Harding wins. The fate of SG appears to be controlled by how many yards Omar has. Neither team winning will considered an upset.

Despite both being #1 seeds, if USJ beats webb it will be an upset. Heck, anyone in the league that can beat webb is an upset. They are the largest school in the division. They have the most recruited financial aid players in the division. They have a well prepared coaching staff that loves to win big. They have no visitors stands behind the visiting team. They have excellent financial resources. Those are the ingredients for dominating a league.

Don't count USJ out. Most of the players have been in school together since kindergarten. USJ has enormous fan support. The players are tough, disciplined, gritty and they never quit. They have the capability of lighting up a scoreboard. Those are the indgredients of an upset.

Despite both being #1 seeds, if USJ beats webb it will be an upset. Heck, anyone in the league that can beat webb is an upset. They are the largest school in the division. They have the most recruited financial aid players in the division. They have a well prepared coaching staff that loves to win big. They have no visitors stands behind the visiting team. They have excellent financial resources. Those are the ingredients for dominating a league.

Don't count USJ out. Most of the players have been in school together since kindergarten. USJ has enormous fan support. The players are tough, disciplined, gritty and they never quit. They have the capability of lighting up a scoreboard. Those are the indgredients of an upset.

I would like to clear a few things up.

1) Not a single student at Webb receives "recruited financial aid". All financial aid is awarded on a basis of financial need.

2) Faust field has not been updated since it was built. To my knowledge, there is a plan in the works to add visitor stands behind the visiting team in the next 5 years or so. The lack thereof is not malicious. It is simply a consequence of an outdated building plan.

3) Being the largest school in the division doesn't mean a thing. Over 400 students attend Webb, around 50 of which play football. The suggestion that Webb only wins because they have more students offends me.

I offer this information because I've seen Webb from the inside. I graduated from the Webb School of Knoxville and I played on the 2009 State Championship team against USJ. They were a tremendously talented team and some of the classiest players I've ever had the good fortune to play against. I have no reason to expect that the 2011 USJ team will be any different. That said, my prediction is that Webb will pull it out.

Now, let's get back to discussing the subject... the playoffs

Edited by XSpartan