Sullivan South Offseason Thread

SECPowerHouse

You'll not believe anything I say. You want to be "involved and included". Do your own research. You know some of this years or last years players I presume. Inquire of a few of them what the atmosphere was this year, what was taught and what examples were set for them.

I don't think I have ever called for anyones job. They are, first and foremost, school teachers and may well be very fine ones at that. I do not know. But clearly, some do not belong on the football field.

You should worry less about South Coaching Staff. Seems like you and your cronies have plenty of challenge trying to fire your coach. Shouldn't you focus your efforts there----Good Luck.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should worry more about the South Coaching Staff. They are not my cronies and not my coach.

Everyone please ignore batmast. All he brings to threads are bashing and name calling. As for your statement about a drop in talent level. Are you serious? The last team coach carter coached was full of all conference and a couple all state players. The team before that had 4 all state players on offense alone. You can make alot of arguments, but drop of in talent is not something you can argue. It's a fact. Please bring some actual discussion to this thread next time you come back. Not just alot of bashing and hate.

Everyone please ignore batmast. All he brings to threads are bashing and name calling. As for your statement about a drop in talent level. Are you serious? The last team coach carter coached was full of all conference and a couple all state players. The team before that had 4 all state players on offense alone. You can make alot of arguments, but drop of in talent is not something you can argue. It's a fact. Please bring some actual discussion to this thread next time you come back. Not just alot of bashing and hate.

Ignore at the peril of your program, kid. It is a fact that I do not believe there was a drop in talent. <---Bashing and Hating. Ouch.

When you go 12-2, 12-1 and even 11-3 and run something that doesn't resemble a middle school offense and defense, you get recognition for the players who deserve it. And if they are not put in the position to earn the accolades they're get none. I guess all those all staters just have to show up and they get those awards. Duh. Does nothing to prove there was a drop in talent. Nope. There was not. If that's too much bashing and hating or beyond your level of understanding.....move along.

Ignore at the peril of your program, kid. It is a fact that I do not believe there was a drop in talent. <---Bashing and Hating. Ouch.

When you go 12-2, 12-1 and even 11-3 and run something that doesn't resemble a middle school offense and defense, you get recognition for the players who deserve it. And if they are not put in the position to earn the accolades they're get none. I guess all those all staters just have to show up and they get those awards. Duh. Does nothing to prove there was a drop in talent. Nope. There was not. If that's too much bashing and hating or beyond your level of understanding.....move along.

[/q]

Well what would you have done differently if you were the coach? Also, dont try and argue that we didnt have a QB like we have in past years. Your wasting your breath. Everyone here knows that the 2 we had this year were no where close to the talent level of the previous years.I hope even you can admit that.

[/q]

Well what would you have done differently if you were the coach? Also, dont try and argue that we didnt have a QB like we have in past years. Your wasting your breath. Everyone here knows that the 2 we had this year were no where close to the talent level of the previous years.I hope even you can admit that.

I'll admit no such thing. It is just that we will never know. Best I can tell you used 4 or 5 QBs. A complete mess. What happened to the QB that started throughout the spring and summer and that ran or threw for 500 yards in the first game. I know he had an injury for a game or two in the middle of the season, but by game 2 at DB he was done. I understand it was some weird personality conflict or grudge. Nice coaching there.

year rec. conf. H/Coach O.C. off.ppg D.C. def.ppg

2004 7-5 MLC Carter Wooten 23.0 Haynie 21.5

2005 11-2 MLC Carter Wooten 28.5 Haynie 14.3

2006 10-2 MLC Carter Wooten 29.0 Haynie 13.3

2007 12-2 MLC Carter Wooten 40.5 Haynie 16.4

2008 12-1 MLC Carter Wooten 43.3 Haynie 14.1

2009 11-3 Big8 Carter Jordan 31.2 Haynie 18.0

2010 6-5 Big8 Haynie Jordan 27.3 Hilton 18.1

2011 7-5 Big8 Haynie Jordan 30.5 Hilton 26.3

For Rebel fans perusal. I believe I have the coordinators correct. I also believe Coach Carter was very active in the play calling whereas Coach Haynie is more involved in concept. What jumps out at me is a great fall off in defense this past year, but Coach Hilton's 1st unit was comparable to all of Coach Haynie's. On the offensive side, Coach Jordan's units have been more effective than the first three Carter/Wooten units. Yes, even in a year with 4 QBs. What else has changed is a much tougher schedule in the Big 8 vs the old MLC with East, North, Unicoi Co. and Johnson Co. and even Happy Valley a couple years, no longer on the schedule. Also, Gatorade player of the year Curt Phillips (05-07) at QB or NET poty, RB, Taylor Fletcher (06-08) were exceptional players. Think what you wish, but those boys fathers and their own work ethics had much more to do with their individual success that resulted in greater success for their teams than anything any coaches did for them and I would be surprised if their coaches would claim otherwise.

Edited by crawdad

year rec. conf. H/Coach O.C. off.ppg D.C. def.ppg

2004 7-5 MLC Carter Wooten 23.0 Haynie 21.5

2005 11-2 MLC Carter Wooten 28.5 Haynie 14.3

2006 10-2 MLC Carter Wooten 29.0 Haynie 13.3

2007 12-2 MLC Carter Wooten 40.5 Haynie 16.4

2008 12-1 MLC Carter Wooten 43.3 Haynie 14.1

2009 11-3 Big8 Carter Jordan 31.2 Haynie 18.0

2010 6-5 Big8 Haynie Jordan 27.3 Hilton 18.1

2011 7-5 Big8 Haynie Jordan 30.5 Hilton 26.3

For Rebel fans perusal. I believe I have the coordinators correct. I also believe Coach Carter was very active in the play calling whereas Coach Haynie is more involved in concept. What jumps out at me is a great fall off in defense this past year, but Coach Hilton's 1st unit was comparable to all of Coach Haynie's. On the offensive side, Coach Jordan's units have been more effective than the first three Carter/Wooten units. Yes, even in a year with 4 QBs. What else has changed is a much tougher schedule in the Big 8 vs the old MLC with East, North, Unicoi Co. and Johnson Co. and even Happy Valley a couple years, no longer on the schedule. Also, Gatorade player of the year Curt Phillips at QB or NET poty, RB, Taylor Fletcher were exceptional players. Think what you wish, but those boys fathers and their own work ethics had much more to do with their individual success that resulted in greater success for their teams than anything any coaches did for them and I would be surprised if their coaches would claim otherwise.

Anyone short a kool-aid induced high knows those numbers mean nothing and is nothing but spin for the feeble minded. When you go 4-6 and lose to Volunteer next year, your fan base mysteriously disappears and the defections start; who will you be blaming then? Hard schedule...check. Wrong conference...check? Graduated too many starters...check. No all staters...check. Work ethic...check. I'm sure you'll conjure up some more or should I say be feed some more after next year.

Anyone short a kool-aid induced high knows those numbers mean nothing and is nothing but spin for the feeble minded. When you go 4-6 and lose to Volunteer next year, your fan base mysteriously disappears and the defections start; who will you be blaming then? Hard schedule...check. Wrong conference...check? Graduated too many starters...check. No all staters...check. Work ethic...check. I'm sure you'll conjure up some more or should I say be feed some more after next year.

I'm really glad you're around. It should keep the offseason lively. Hey, BTW, this prediction sounds a whole lot like the ones you've made the last two years. You're a real hoot. :roflol:

I'm really glad you're around. It should keep the offseason lively. Hey, BTW, this prediction sounds a whole lot like the ones you've made the last two years. You're a real hoot. :roflol:

I have been almost exactly right over the last two years. 4-6 in 12.

And you have earned your brownie points for the day.

• 1 month later...