District 3AAA

corbus

oh, is that right? i am too buddy, born and raised 97 graduate. I have been to some of the games they officiated. But, if you have personally heard them that is just flatout sad buddy.

Sat at Lincolns after the the Clinton game I think. Not sure which game now to be honest, but I guess they should really be aware of the people sitting around them. This is why I have such distain for the "bad hair, no hair" couple.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of ref talk in some other posts, it's not just here. Now back to basketball:

OR/CC- I'm going to show up early to watch this one! Really a clash of styles. I would pressure their (CC) freshman guard and see what happens early. OR has size to defend the post, but depends on if CC can get the inside-out game going. Saw a lot of wild dribble penetration against Karns and don't think that will work against OR. Good luck to both teams, either one will give Maryville or West fits in regionals.

Karns/Powell-Just one phrase-Break the press! When we figured out last night passing instead of dribbling can break a press, we were in business, same against Karns. Defensively, key is stopping Sibley, in my opinion. He took a lot of ill-advised shots. Granted, he made them, but not allowing him to shoot and getting him frustrated could lead to a victory. Also, we have to work the half court sets, think Karns has not had to work as hard in their half court game, and when they don't have too, seen it lead to large runs. If we limit turnovers and keep it within 10 or lead into the 4th Q, we have a great shot (Just ask Central and OR)

One more shout out, the fans! What a great crowd yesterday, for all the games. OR has a quality facility, best in the area in my opinion. And the gym was packed all day. Hope the same goes both tomorrow for the girls games and Tuesday for the boys, know I will be at both.

Hey SS. Great posts and your responses show a lot of class.

it was a great game and Powell deserves all the credit. What they did was tough and to come from behind like that is something those kids will remember the rest of their lives.

Everyone has talked about the officials this year. I know they've been horrible. But if Powell would have lost last night they would have been the ones complaining about the refs the most. It's a matter of perspective. The three last night have called horrible games for Clinton all year. I don't know how the guy thinks they had anything to do with the Clinton Oak Ridge games. Maybe the first meeting this year because it went a blow out?

I've said it before, if you whine about calls or draw attention to yourself it gets noticed by the refs and they will pay closer attention to you. Do you think that Coach Green, who looks like he whines and carries on about every call,may draw some heat to himself and his team? He even acts that way when he's beating the crap out of a team. Seen it.

Anyway, congrats again to Powell.

Corbus, your right, the crowds have been great at the tournament. Been great not to see a bunch of red in the stands too. LOL. Also, I think i would vote right now to let Oak Ridge host the tourny every year. Their facility is the best in East Tennessee and big enough to acommidate all the teams and fans. I know alot of u would say its and unfair OR advantage but they have the best facility. Have any of u noticed that that hasnt been one over weight ref in the whole tourny? Thats part of the Knoxridge new, "its better to look good than to be good" phylosphy. No older ones either. I mean they have some very compitant guys doing single A games because there older and a dont fit into their uniforms like they used to. I dont care what they look like as long as they can call a game. I think we all agree that officiating has been the worst ever but I think it probably evens out all year. I think we can all agree, Roger Houke, Steve Queener, and Larry Owens have ran this association in the ground and some new blood is needed!!! Cant wait till Tuesday, We had OR beat at CC and let them off the hook. It'll be a huge task to beat them after a loss, but im glad for the opportunity.

Corbus, your right, the crowds have been great at the tournament. Been great not to see a bunch of red in the stands too. LOL. Also, I think i would vote right now to let Oak Ridge host the tourny every year. Their facility is the best in East Tennessee and big enough to acommidate all the teams and fans. I know alot of u would say its and unfair OR advantage but they have the best facility. Have any of u noticed that that hasnt been one over weight ref in the whole tourny? Thats part of the Knoxridge new, "its better to look good than to be good" phylosphy. No older ones either. I mean they have some very compitant guys doing single A games because there older and a dont fit into their uniforms like they used to. I dont care what they look like as long as they can call a game. I think we all agree that officiating has been the worst ever but I think it probably evens out all year. I think we can all agree, Roger Houke, Steve Queener, and Larry Owens have ran this association in the ground and some new blood is needed!!! Cant wait till Tuesday, We had OR beat at CC and let them off the hook. It'll be a huge task to beat them after a loss, but im glad for the opportunity.

wish yall the best Carolina...wish i could make it but i have to get a colonostomy wednesday, so you know what i will be doing all day tuesday LOL...Good luck to CC, hope my Ridgers can win it though. I am ready for spring football already after that loss sat night LOL

wish yall the best Carolina...wish i could make it but i have to get a colonostomy wednesday, so you know what i will be doing all day tuesday LOL...Good luck to CC, hope my Ridgers can win it though. I am ready for spring football already after that loss sat night LOL

Hello SS, Long time no talk. I'm ready for football too my friend!!

For my best buddy and 'the firecracker" who think I'm shank.........your wrong!! But those refs did suck!!

But now you DO know :thumb:

Edited by 3wiggle