District 3AAA

corbus

SS, No problem, now again on to basketball.

CC/OR- I think again, if CC concentrates on the inside-out game, and can contain Spencer, they have a good shot, will depend on OR motivation, I think they will come out ready and firing on all cylinders. Look forward to watching this game. BTY, CC congrats on your girls capturing district, wish I would have stayed for that game!

Powell/Karns- Turnovers are they key, we can't self-destruct as I've seen other teams do during the tournament. Also, we have to control Sibley, I think if he has a big game, we are in trouble. The Panthers have showed a lot of grit and determination during this run, do they have 1 more game in them? Also, if we show that grit and determination, will be interesting to see how Karns handles it, they have been unchallenged in the tournament.

Sets up for a great couple of games tonight!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the congrats on girls, they deserved it. Lost first 4 out 5 to start season then got it together. Your right on the CC/or game. If CC can handle their man pressure full court we have a shot. If they dont it will be another long night. Learning how to be a winner is a tough task, especially against a proven winner like OR. They could really go either way, pissed off and play lights out or have pitty party for not winning it all and lay an egg again. I doubt their staff will let them not be ready, after all the loser gets West(probably). So there is something to play for.

Powell has better guards than CC does and should be able to handle the press better than CC. If they do and make Karns work on every posession it will be a good game. Karns will foul and u will shoot alot of fts. Gotta make them to have a ligitimate chance at winning. If you get a crew that calls alot of hand checks and reaching in that will help you tremendously. Remember, gotta make those foul shots! Good luck and I think you will have 80% of the crowd tonight. Go Cougars and Go Panthers!

Thanks for the congrats on girls, they deserved it. Lost first 4 out 5 to start season then got it together. Your right on the CC/or game. If CC can handle their man pressure full court we have a shot. If they dont it will be another long night. Learning how to be a winner is a tough task, especially against a proven winner like OR. They could really go either way, pissed off and play lights out or have pitty party for not winning it all and lay an egg again. I doubt their staff will let them not be ready, after all the loser gets West(probably). So there is something to play for.

Powell has better guards than CC does and should be able to handle the press better than CC. If they do and make Karns work on every posession it will be a good game. Karns will foul and u will shoot alot of fts. Gotta make them to have a ligitimate chance at winning. If you get a crew that calls alot of hand checks and reaching in that will help you tremendously. Remember, gotta make those foul shots! Good luck and I think you will have 80% of the crowd tonight. Go Cougars and Go Panthers!

I think the two faster teams, OR and Karns, will win tonight. Officiating will make a difference too. Karns and Powell want to play a physical game with a lot of hands...kind of like OR too. If they ref's "let them play" advantage again OR and Karns. See you at the games.

Congrats to Karns, 9 points in the 1st half will never get it done. Chill, did you even imaging OR/West as an elimination game?

Turnovers were not the problem for us tonight, we did not play with the same team effort as on Saturday, and it showed offensively, settled way to much for the 3 ball.

Good luck to all 3AAA teams on Saturday!!!

Maryville definitely got the best draw for the region by beating West for the second time this year.

Lenoir City @ Karns

Oak Ridge @ West

Campbell County @ Maryville

Farragut @ Powell

Top Bracket is loaded...

Crazy! Campbell beats maryville and then gets Farragut( who they beat twice) or powell to advance to sub-state. While Karns, OR and west fight it out to see who goes home. How crazy would that be to have CC in finals and OR and Karns at home? LOL Just hoping guys, Dont go Crazy. Although I do like CC chances Better than the others. Powell will have their hands full with Farragut too. Wow, Who wouldve thought WEST vs. OR elimination game?

Can't believe that between Oak Ridge, West, and Karns, that only one of them will be in the region finals. Crazy! Oak Ridge losing to Powell was huge. Could be another year for Powell like Hargis' senior year. I will be at West Saturday night.

I would be there too, but will definately be at Powell!!! Nice to have a regional host game after so many years, also with a winning record. CC, we will have our hands full with Farragut. I also think Maryville could be due for a let down vs. Campbell County. All District 3AAA regional semi??? (I know its a stretch, but you never know)

All I can say is: Halls, Bearden: Don't you wish you were here..........

I would be there too, but will definately be at Powell!!! Nice to have a regional host game after so many years, also with a winning record. CC, we will have our hands full with Farragut. I also think Maryville could be due for a let down vs. Campbell County. All District 3AAA regional semi??? (I know its a stretch, but you never know)

All I can say is: Halls, Bearden: Don't you wish you were here..........

I know Halls does. GOOD LUCK!

In each game last night you just knew that if Karns and OR could get ahead by 11 or so that Powell and CC didn't have the firepower to get back in it. Karns seemed especially cautious in their game and it nearly cost them. A wide open team that shoots and goes after the ball needs to play wide open all of the time. I thought Karns was afraid, at the start of the game ,to take a lot of shots they normally take. OR at West in the regional is a brutal first round matchup. Karns will need to play a beter all around game to get to the semi's.

Edited by Soxfan1

Ok, Im probably going to make some people mad but heres my picks.

CC over Maryville

Farragut over Powell

CC over Farragut ( For 3rd time)

Karns over LC

OR over West

OR over Karns

OR over CC ( for 4th time ) LOL

Im sure u all will agree with me Right? Lets have some fun.

I agree with all, except for us though. We have done a good job (except vs Karns) of shutting down high scoring guards. Farragut is all about 2 players, if you control them, think you come out on top. Plus being at home will help our outside shooting, which hurt us against Karns. Under 30% shooting does not get the job done. Means we would meet up in the district semis, same thing goes for Campbell County, get your inside out game going, and you've got a great chance. OR/West is a coin toss. Karn's press will eat up LC guards, in my opinion. Only 1 of thise 3 teams will go to sub state, pretty incredible. Just the way the cookie crumbles. I'm just glad we won't have to play OR in the regional semis if we win. Still could legitimately see an all 3AAA regional. What a statement that would be!!