District 9-AAA

adbsnap

Crimsontide43, how do the power rankings work? What goes into them? New to this thread and area as I have moved into Nashville area now. I will get to see alot of your district since I am in sumner county now. I saw what Beech lost from last year- how can they possibly be ranked first? Surely, WC or Hendersonville would be the favorite since they have so much coming back.

WC doesnt have that much coming back. Beech lost a lot before last years season yet won the district.MJ lost a lot but somehow always finishes top 4.hendersonville starts strong and fades, portland changes coaches every year, gallatin has lot most of its athletes to other sumner county schools, Lebanon fired all their coaches last year and it hasnt changed anything, Station camp is always a hard read. I factor in coaching, returning points, tradition, among other things. welcome to Nashville and district 9AAA. Some of the best basketball around.

• 2 weeks later...

crimson, im from portland (obviously) but i must say that Central has a few weapons back. (No one such as Oldham) but they do have experience that have came off the bench the past two years. (Williams, Rosshirt, Hall, Brandon). As far as Beech, I dont recall a player returning that even played last year besides Landrith. Hendersonville would be the team I would say looks best on paper, but they can never finish late in games and late in the season. Station Camp will be most athletic, but can't other teams from scoring. They have terrible defense. Portland is Portland, sadly. Lebanon, is very over hyped. And as MJ goes, by far worst team in past 5-8 years.

How will McMurry change Lebanon though? I heard Lebanon has a really good freshman so they can't be terrible with the transfer and the freshman.

thats always the case with lebanon. they will talk and talk and talk. yes the freshman is pretty good, but once again, he is a freshman at the AAA level. makes a difference. With McMurry at Lebanon, i believe their will be a few unhappy campers now that he will take some of their minutes. will be interesting to see.