Tri-County seven

THE KING

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No shame in that loss girls. Just bounc back tommorrow.

No shame is right. My suspicions were correct. Science Hill did play like they played at the state tournament last year and won by 20+....68-38, I believe was the final. What is scary is that they probably could have won by 40+. The Lady Toppers go 10 deep. They are long, quick, strong, and have all the pieces needed to make another trip to Murfreesboro. Clarke and Wilson did what they could to keep Cloudland in the game. Rhodes did not play much and did not do much when she did. Was she sick or injured? Cloudland will still be a force in single A and may win a state title, but they had nothing for the Lady Toppers today. I have a feeling Science Hill will make a lot of teams "cry uncle" this year. I am betting we will see a much better game from Cloudland tomorrow against the Lady Cyclones.

Coach, I still like scheduling these types of games. Tommorrow will be tough too. Betsy is a bigger school with talented young players. It will be a good challenge for our girls. I hope we havent blowed them up to much. Everyone has to work to be a champion. Nothing is gonna be handed to them. A loss like this can be good to keep you humble and let you know your not unbeatable.

Coach, I still like scheduling these types of games. Tommorrow will be tough too. Betsy is a bigger school with talented young players. It will be a good challenge for our girls. I hope we havent blowed them up to much. Everyone has to work to be a champion. Nothing is gonna be handed to them. A loss like this can be good to keep you humble and let you know your not unbeatable.

No doubt scheduling this type game will help Cloudland. When I was coaching at T.A.Dugger and Elizabethton, I always tried to schedule the best I could find, knowing it would pay off and make my teams better. Cloudlands girls now know they can work on a lot of things. Single A and AA teams, even really good ones, can rarely compete with top five caliber AAA talent. I expect a war tomorrow between Cloudland and Elizabethton. Should be a single digit game either way.

Betsy might be a bigger school but NG has already beaten them. All I have heard is how good CHS is, well here's your chance to prove it. Been a lot of tooting of ones horn on here. Have to prove yourself night in night out. This is supposed to be one of CHS's best teams ever and it might be EHS's least talented team in 10+ years. You do the math

bouncepass, I toot the horn #1 because I can. #2 Cloudland is very good regardless if they lose today. #3 Our district is a fixture in the state tournament. Hampton went to semi's, North Green all the way to the finals. This district is one the elite in the state. Numbers don't lie. I pulled for Betsy's girls all year last year. There were alot of cyclone fans that were on here last year as well. You can look at the date I joined this site. I've been here for a long time and I'm gonna be here alot longer. :thumb:

Congratulations to the Lady Highlanders for beating Betsy tonight 49-46 in OT. This is the first time I've seen them play this year and they are a talented bunch. I was more impressed with their scrappy play than the talent. I don't know the statistics, but the Lady Landers owned the offensive boards against fairly even size. While there is obviously technique involved with rebounding, one's will/heart plays a bigger factor. Cloudland played harder and deserved to win. The Lady Cyclones need someone to step up and be a leader on this team. I realize there are no seniors playing right now (CJ is the only senior on the EHS roster and she is currently injured), but there are 5 juniors that have varsity experience. That's too many upperclassmen to use inexperience as an excuse. The Lady Clones also need to understand collectively that regardless of whether you're having a good game, a bad game or an average game; you can ALWAYS play hard! The Lady Clones are taking too many possessions off and having way too many mental lapses. They better grow up soon or it's gonna be a long season. On a positive note, the Lady Clones did show some heart late by coming back to tie the game and force OT. As poorly as they played, the outcome would have likely been different if they had played a lick the first half. My two cents worth...

Oh Sparky you are just taking your coachs' tact in attacking these young girls' hearts. For those of you that dont get the Eliz paper, The great Lenn Dugger called out his girls after their loss to Greenville wednesday saying they were not playing with heart and not tough enough (except for the freshman who he put on a pedestal) Shame on you.

Edited by limestonecove