Tri-County seven

THE KING

As far as playing well goes I can see Unicoi being in front of Cloudland and Elizabethton at the moment. Cloudland is not playing well for the most part the past 2 games I have watched them play. My assesment so far between the Tri-County teams goes like this.

Unicoi- Overall I think they are more of a complete team than Cloudland and Elizabethton. They are getting more production out of their bench they have 2 or 3 kids that shoot the ball well from the outside,tough post play and they have kids who take care of the basketball. I believe that they will split in the series against Elizabethton but see them going very deep in the post season.

Cloudland- As of right now I see 3 pretty good players on the floor Rhodes,Wilson and Clarke. Bench play has to be better in order for them to be a state callibur tournament team Sparky. Rhodes has to be a better inside player as does Wilson. Clarke is playing about as well offensively as she can if shes not on the floor and Rhodes and Wilson isnt contributing they are hurting.They are playing about 8 to 9 kids which I think fatigue wise is fine but IMO they are a 7 man rotation team and thats with the red headed guard Johnson and other senior sub Chambers.

Elizabethton- They play their guts out defensively and for the most part they are a role player type of team. There is no certain kid that stands out offensively they just all do their job and make eachother better.The depew girl is a true pointguard who in my opinion does a good job of running Elizabethtons team. Roberts is going to be a very good inside player in the future and does a good job of doing her job defensively and offensively. I see Elizabethton finishing #2 in that Three Rivers Conference.

Hampton- Has really only played one game so It is hard to tell what they are like. They have Elizabethton here shortly at home so we will get to see how they are right off the bat.

Unaka- Very guard oriented team does a pretty good job offensively but as you saw in the South game the other night gives up alot of points. If they could get better defensively I could see them being a very decent team in that conference.

Happy Valley- I think they have a good starting 5 but thats about it. Blakenship has to play better in order for them to compete for 3rd in that conference.Not very well coached needs more structure but in time they will be fine.

Johnson County- Plays their butts off every game i have watched them and coach Whittemore does a good job of keeping his patients with this group of girls. There is just not enough talent to compete in the conference they are playing in right now.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why but I'm glad she came. :) You're not another troll are you? :| I know there were a fair share of them on here last year. Jealousy is a bad thing. Elizabethton is the queen city of Carter county. A lot of kids prefer to go there. Little Powell left Cloudland to go there. The girl from HV. Who cares? They had a great team last year, because the girls loved basketball and they worked hard at it. Some of you people act like the players and parents are getting lucrative offers to play there when the city and the county are flat broke. :?

The Rhodes girl is certainly a nice addition to an already good Cloudland team. Maybe someone in RM offered her mom a job at Bob's Dairyland. Elizabethton should have countered with an offer from Wal-Mart or Chic-fil-A...LOL. I agree with you, it's up to the kid and their parents where they choose to go to school.

As for the poster, I'm sure this is the same troll that has reared his/her ugly head for the past couple of years under a variety of usernames. Typically, the comments become so outrageous and over the top that someone ends up reporting the misbehavior to coacht and they shut them down.

I don't know why but I'm glad she came. :) You're not another troll are you? :| I know there were a fair share of them on here last year. Jealousy is a bad thing. Elizabethton is the queen city of Carter county. A lot of kids prefer to go there. Little Powell left Cloudland to go there. The girl from HV. Who cares? They had a great team last year, because the girls loved basketball and they worked hard at it. Some of you people act like the players and parents are getting lucrative offers to play there when the city and the county are flat broke. :?

as etownsparky stated, same person under a different username

As far as playing well goes I can see Unicoi being in front of Cloudland and Elizabethton at the moment. Cloudland is not playing well for the most part the past 2 games I have watched them play. My assesment so far between the Tri-County teams goes like this.

Unicoi- Overall I think they are more of a complete team than Cloudland and Elizabethton. They are getting more production out of their bench they have 2 or 3 kids that shoot the ball well from the outside,tough post play and they have kids who take care of the basketball. I believe that they will split in the series against Elizabethton but see them going very deep in the post season.

Cloudland- As of right now I see 3 pretty good players on the floor Rhodes,Wilson and Clarke. Bench play has to be better in order for them to be a state callibur tournament team Sparky. Rhodes has to be a better inside player as does Wilson. Clarke is playing about as well offensively as she can if shes not on the floor and Rhodes and Wilson isnt contributing they are hurting.They are playing about 8 to 9 kids which I think fatigue wise is fine but IMO they are a 7 man rotation team and thats with the red headed guard Johnson and other senior sub Chambers.

Elizabethton- They play their guts out defensively and for the most part they are a role player type of team. There is no certain kid that stands out offensively they just all do their job and make eachother better.The depew girl is a true pointguard who in my opinion does a good job of running Elizabethtons team. Roberts is going to be a very good inside player in the future and does a good job of doing her job defensively and offensively. I see Elizabethton finishing #2 in that Three Rivers Conference.

Hampton- Has really only played one game so It is hard to tell what they are like. They have Elizabethton here shortly at home so we will get to see how they are right off the bat.

Unaka- Very guard oriented team does a pretty good job offensively but as you saw in the South game the other night gives up alot of points. If they could get better defensively I could see them being a very decent team in that conference.

Happy Valley- I think they have a good starting 5 but thats about it. Blakenship has to play better in order for them to compete for 3rd in that conference.Not very well coached needs more structure but in time they will be fine.

Johnson County- Plays their butts off every game i have watched them and coach Whittemore does a good job of keeping his patients with this group of girls. There is just not enough talent to compete in the conference they are playing in right now.

Very good assessment at this point. I haven't seen Unicoi or Hampton play so far but your critique sounds plausible. To be clear, I have given Cloudland props, but haven't deemed them a state tournament contending team yet. As I posted before, I think the conference championship is likely between them and North Greene. As for Betsy, they have to get more consistent. I agree they are more role players and don't have any superstars. However, they need to establish what those roles are and do them! My major complaint with them after watching the last two games is that they take too many plays off. They will "play their guts out on defense" as you say at times and then lapse for 2-3 possessions. They have to be more opportunistic as well. They turned Cloudland over 4-5 times in a row (it may have been 6) in the second half with the press and got ZERO points out of that sequence. You have to convert some of those to beat a quality team. Another example of a wasted opportunity is when the Clarke kid fouled out in OT. With that advantage, Betsy should win the game from that point. Based on what I saw last year from Unicoi, the Edwards kid is by far their best player. She can create on her own offensively. In my opinion Gardner is their next best player. They do have other kids that can shoot from outside when left open, but these have trouble scoring when you 'D' them up.

I agree turnovers killed Cloudland the other night. Yes the foul differential was pretty lopsided but if your going to be a state tournament callibur team you cannot turn the basketball over like that in crutial parts of the game. My hats off to Elizabethton for battling back it seemed like the 2 or 3 possessions they scored on to cut the lead to 2 before hitting the buzzer beater was just lack of defense on Cloudlands part. But I do agree with you about Edwards she deffinitely makes them go and I love the way she is able to get other players involved on the offensive end of the floor and play just as hard on the defensive end. King is a good spot up shooter from the outside and Gardner is a physical post presents on the inside. Both conferences is going to be a battle this year and should be very fun to watch.

Edited by johnk731

The way I understand it, unless a school makes the call to the TSSAA and asks someone to check it out, there's not much they can do-nor should they really. We could send them on wild goose chases throughout the state just by picking up the phone, otherwise, just by calling and saying this girl or that boy is playing illegally.

Unless "morerecruits" gets his or her school to make a call, he or she is just wasting time and taking away from positive talk on the players and teams.

The way I understand it, unless a school makes the call to the TSSAA and asks someone to check it out, there's not much they can do-nor should they really. We could send them on wild goose chases throughout the state just by picking up the phone, otherwise, just by calling and saying this girl or that boy is playing illegally.

Unless "morerecruits" gets his or her school to make a call, he or she is just wasting time and taking away from positive talk on the players and teams.

The protocol may be as you explained it, but there's nothing to report as far as I know regarding any player(s) from any school. "needmoretransfers" is just a Betsy hater that likes to troll TRC forums and spew his/her venom.

I really don't think there is as much recruiting as there is "shopping for schools". Parents of course decide where their child goes to school. GREENER GRASS! I personally think it is the AAU mentality. Loyalty to school, community, and friends is out the window. This happens all over the state! Some schools benefit and some lose but all lose when "super teams" are formed.Its no longer ours against yours. I suppose there are some unethical coaches that "encourage" players from other areas to come to their school but again the parent and player decide!