Henry County vs Hendersonville

titanfan33

Therefore we lose?

Red Warrior, can you help me out a little? This guy ain't paying attention. Prez, olddevil? Anybody?

He is paying attention but he is blind for Hendersonville just like many say I am blind for the Big Red! Fact is our schedule is soft. It is not our fault but it is what it is! When we are forced to play that many Clarksville Schools it is going to be SOFT. I remember when Red Warrior would talk about Maryville (and oh by the way thank goodness they moved up) and say that they played one hard game a year and that was Alcoa. Well we tried to get a tough game week one and scheduled Beech. How were we to know that they were going to be down as well? Fact is 5A is week and we are that good. Look at Hendersonville's schedule. Loss to Franklin, Riverdale, and Mt. Juliet all 6A and Mt.Juliet and Riverdale are undefeated and I guess Franklin is good too. They then lose to Gallatin. So all that being said is Hendersonville looks to be a pretty decent 5A team that in the old system would probably already be done playing. It is what it is and Friday night the Big Red will be headed to Cookeville.

I will repeat what Red Warrior has told us many times and what I have jumped on his band wagon about. This is 5A it is week this year and we are that good!!

Fact is the coachT.com and maxprep rankings both trend towards your schedule being soft. I didn't write it, so get mad at them, I am only relaying the Facts.

Fact is Fact, and soft is soft. The facts don't lie.

Go Commandos :thumb:

Nevermind, I can handle this one on my own.

Fly,

One Fact impeaches the importance of strength of schedule.

Fact: Hendersonville will be the NINTH team Henry County has beaten this year whose Strength of Schedule ranking is higher than ours currently. (chime in any time, RW)

Conclusion: Strength of Schedule, as it pertains to Henry County, is meaningless.

Now Strength+Success, now that's another story. Certainly considering SUCCESS is an important data point. You would agree? Surely you agree that actual SUCCESS is more important than some expert's opinion of how strong a schedule is. Let's call it the "proof is in the pudding" rule. Considered another way, if you have the strongest schedule in America and lose every game, you are just a loser.

Fact: Henry County's Strength+SUCCESS ranking is 6

Fact: Hendersonville is not in the top 20 in the same ranking

Conclusion: Losing to gooooood teams shows up as a bigger number in the loss column, that's all.

Edited by FactsOnly

Fact is the coachT.com and maxprep rankings both trend towards your schedule being soft. I didn't write it, so get mad at them, I am only relaying the Facts.

You really don't get it do you? The point is that Hendersonville's all important strength of schedule is about the same as that of Ridgeway. And in case you didn't notice, Ridgeway's SOS didn't help them much at Patriot Stadium on Friday night. So just bring yourself on up to Paris and we both will see how the game turns out.

Go Big RED!!!

Fly,

Question: What is your interpretation of the Fact that CoachT's Strength of Schedule top 10 listing has only 2 teams remaining in the playoffs, while the Strength+Success top 10 listing has 6. Because the Strength of Schedule ranking is such a good measure of an individual team's quality, or is it just a fluke?

In Fact, the top 7 strongest scheduled teams in Tennessee (5A/6A) are playing basketball now. Personally and frankly, I don't want to be in that company.

Edited by FactsOnly

This thread is almost identical to the one last year. Seems like HC can not be beat, just like last year. Seems like HC has better athletes, bigger, stronger, just like last year. Seems like HHS should not even bother traveling to HC, just like last year. The only "fact" from last year is who won the game. Don't count out the Commandos just yet..........

Fly,

Question: What is your interpretation of the Fact that CoachT's Strength of Schedule top 10 listing has only 2 teams remaining in the playoffs, while the Strength+Success top 10 listing has 6. Because the Strength of Schedule ranking is such a good measure of an individual team's quality, or is it just a fluke?

In Fact, the top 7 strongest scheduled teams in Tennessee (5A/6A) are playing basketball now. Personally and frankly, I don't want to be in that company.

Hey Facts, I just had a revelation! Henry County has a SOS of 88 and Mt. Juliet has a SOS of 84! Why did Hendersonville (who is one of the teams that caused the Bears schedule to be so weak) lose like they did to them?!?!? Since we have such a similar SOS to Mt. Juliet, what does that mean for us? ^_^

Edited by Drewcephus

I'll help out. The Facts are as follows:

Our schedule is ranked as soft: Fact

We can't change that ranking: Fact

Your schedule is not ranked as soft as ours: Fact

You can't change that: Fact

Every team that has come in here thinking that our soft schedule was a recipe for them to win has lost: Fact

This thread is almost identical to the one last year. Seems like HC can not be beat, just like last year. Seems like HC has better athletes, bigger, stronger, just like last year. Seems like HHS should not even bother traveling to HC, just like last year. The only "fact" from last year is who won the game. Don't count out the Commandos just yet..........

Nope. There are more Facts from last year than this.

1 Henry County didn't have 17 starters returning from the year prior like they do this year

2 Henry County's athletes are bigger, stronger this year

3 Henry County had a better Strength of Schedule last year

4 Henry County overlooked Hendersonville last year

5 All our threads looked like that last year

6 Henry County was down last year, and in my opinion, played over their heads all year after the loss to Liberty. This carried deep into the playoffs.

7 Hendersonville has not been overlooked this year. In Fact, we've been waiting.

8 Last year's Henry County defense allowed 24 points, this year's will not

9 We didn't wear goggles last year

Nope. There are more Facts from last year than this.

1 Henry County didn't have 17 starters returning from the year prior like they do this year

2 Henry County's athletes are bigger, stronger this year

3 Henry County had a better Strength of Schedule last year

4 Henry County overlooked Hendersonville last year

5 All our threads looked like that last year

6 Henry County was down last year, and in my opinion, played over their heads all year after the loss to Liberty. This carried deep into the playoffs.

7 Hendersonville has not been overlooked this year. In Fact, we've been waiting.

8 Last year's Henry County defense allowed 24 points, this year's will not

9 We didn't wear goggles last year

:roflol:

I like that.

I'll help out. The Facts are as follows:

Our schedule is ranked as soft: Fact

We can't change that ranking: Fact

Your schedule is not ranked as soft as ours: Fact

You can't change that: Fact

Every team that has come in here thinking that our soft schedule was a recipe for them to win has lost: Fact

This is the essence of what I've been wanting to say but haven't been able to consolidate it into a cogent thought. Beautifully and concisely stated.

Nevermind, I can handle this one on my own.

Fly,

One Fact impeaches the importance of strength of schedule.

Fact: Hendersonville will be the NINTH team Henry County has beaten this year whose Strength of Schedule ranking is higher than ours currently. (chime in any time, RW)

Conclusion: Strength of Schedule, as it pertains to Henry County, is meaningless.

Now Strength+Success, now that's another story. Certainly considering SUCCESS is an important data point. You would agree? Surely you agree that actual SUCCESS is more important than some expert's opinion of how strong a schedule is. Let's call it the "proof is in the pudding" rule. Considered another way, if you have the strongest schedule in America and lose every game, you are just a loser.

Fact: Henry County's Strength+SUCCESS ranking is 6

Fact: Hendersonville is not in the top 20 in the same ranking

Conclusion: Losing to gooooood teams shows up as a bigger number in the loss column, that's all.

Playing tougher competiton, is like lifting heavier weights. It is pretty basic stuff. You increase the resistance, and you will increase your strength. If you only use the same resistance over and over you will plateau. Fact.

{I don't need any fellow poster to jump in as my wingman to support me, that would be "SOFT". }

So Fact, let's just agree to disagree, the boys will play this out on Friday night.

This is going to be one of the best High School Football games in the country, and we both have the opportunity to see it.

I can't think of anything better than watching student athletes who have been working for the better part of this year, or since the end of last season, to prepare for this game and the next!

All this banter won't make any difference.

Happy Thanksgiving. See you Friday night!

Go Commandos! :thumb: