Division II A-AA Mr. Football

vols99

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee and Chase had much rather walk off this stage with the smaller trophy and prepare for the State Championship, big stage game Thursday than the other way around.

Agreed, and this will only make those two more determined.

That being said, I'm sure every year there are the same old statements made over and over about who should have won and who shouldn't have but this is one for the ages if you ask me. I'm not that knowledgeable about the lineman, I'm sure they were all very deserving so I won't comment. Hensley has another year and I expect him to be standing up there again. As for the Back....not to take away anything from Blance, the wrong person walked off the stage with that one. Mr. Football 2011 should be based on, well 2011.

Congrats to all the winners. I'm not trying to take away from nor discredit accomplishments. But I would love to hear differing opinions as long as they are back up by reasonable facts.

Agreed, and this will only make those two more determined.

That being said, I'm sure every year there are the same old statements made over and over about who should have won and who shouldn't have but this is one for the ages if you ask me. I'm not that knowledgeable about the lineman, I'm sure they were all very deserving so I won't comment. Hensley has another year and I expect him to be standing up there again. As for the Back....not to take away anything from Blance, the wrong person walked off the stage with that one. Mr. Football 2011 should be based on, well 2011.

Congrats to all the winners. I'm not trying to take away from nor discredit accomplishments. But I would love to hear differing opinions as long as they are back up by reasonable facts.

This is about all the "reasonable facts" anyone should need:

http://www.tssaanetwork.com/usj/events/24848

(link to the USJ-Webb game)

This is about all the "reasonable facts" anyone should need:

http://www.tssaanetwork.com/usj/events/24848

(link to the USJ-Webb game)

Blance has had a great 4 year career at Webb. Rushing for over 5,000 yards. 1,000 of those yards came as a freshman against the big boys in Div II-AA. Caleb has 2 state championships and will be on the all state team for the 4th straight year. His career record at webb is 37-10 and he dominated competition this year even without his dynamic brother. The combination of Caleb and Aaron blance resulted in only 1 loss in 2 years on a missed field goal! It's hard to see webb not in the state championship again this year if not for the dismissal of Aaron Blance and the team almost taking usj for granted after two blowouts wins in previous years. Caleb deserves this award hands down for his dominance every year (including this one) and heart he brought to every game. The hardest working kid I have ever seen who does things the RIGHT way. Congrats to Caleb Blance, 2011 Mr. Football, 4 Time ALL-State, 2 time state champion.