Division II A-AA Mr. Football

vols99

First I would like to congratulate both players from Webb on winning Mr. Football this year. They had great seasons and deserved some credit. I personally feel Mayhall deserved the back award for 2011 due to not only his stats on both offense and defense, but also for being an exemplary student and a great figurehead in the Jackson community. I obviously have a some bias in this matter and don't know what kind of student and or person Caleb is, but I was disappointed that after game 2 weeks ago, he didn't shake anyone's hand. Caleb had a great career with staggering numbers, 2 state-championships, along with a great senior season. But seeing it as a yearly award, I felt Mayhall had a better season. I think that USJ's previous QB winning 2 years in a row hurt Mayhall's chances as Caleb has been a runner up a couple years in a row now. Let me reiterate that both winners are worthy of the award and I'm happy for them. Congrats to all the finalists and good luck to the Bruins this week as they play for the State-Championship.

I know for a fact that a several of USJ's starters which included Mayhall and the quarterback were not in line to shake hands. Instead they were in the crowd of USJ's fans celebrating

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact that a several of USJ's starters which included Mayhall and the quarterback were not in line to shake hands. Instead they were in the crowd of USJ's fans celebrating

I'm sorry that you were not able to see some of those players. But I personally know that once they were able to get out of the sea of fans, they got straight back in line. I had a hard time in that crowd myself, I can't imagine what the star players had to go through to get back in line. As a team, we tried to show the utmost respect that we have for you guys. I know some of our fans were jerks and I'm pretty embarrassed by the way some of them acted. Either way it was a great, clean game and I expect great things from both teams in the years to come.

I'm sorry that you were not able to see some of those players. But I personally know that once they were able to get out of the sea of fans, they got straight back in line. I had a hard time in that crowd myself, I can't imagine what the star players had to go through to get back in line. As a team, we tried to show the utmost respect that we have for you guys. I know some of our fans were jerks and I'm pretty embarrassed by the way some of them acted. Either way it was a great, clean game and I expect great things from both teams in the years to come.

All I know is not a single Webb player saw the players in line ever. Personally I liked the USJ fan base. They brought a lot of intensity and excitement that the Webb fans lacked.

Edited by Volman0

All I know is not a single Webb player saw the players in line ever. Personally I liked the USJ fan base. They brought a lot of intensity and excitement that the Webb fans lacked.

Well I was behind Lee so I know he was in line. I agree that during the game our fans were great, but after the game some things were said that probably shouldn't have, but iI guess that comes with a rivalry.

Edited by PinheadLarry

What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

But I mean, if we are going there,

If only USJ had "financial aid" money for their players... sigh.

LOL its funny how much you have no idea what your talking about. Webb could be one of the best teams in the state every year (all classifications) if we did actually give our players financial aid based on ability. As a former Webb player I was constantly accused of being at Webb on a football scholarship..while I wish it was true I like every other athlete at webb was not on any type of sports scholarship. Scholarships are given on financial need and you have to pass a rigorous entrance exam just to enter the school. The number of athletes we have LOST in the past few years is unbelievable. All of them are playing or will play big time college ball. Aaron Douglas (Alabama) Tyler Clendenen (Austin Peay) Taino Perez (UT-Martin), Dorian Eskridge (Hardin Valley), Vic Wharton (Knoxvile-Catholic/CPA), and Aaron Blance (may return to webb) are just a few players we have lost due to lack of emphases on keeping ALL our athletes. ALL have or will play division 1 football. Trust me you dont want to see Webb ever again if we did give financial aid to our players and recruited. We just have great coaching and get the absolute best out of our talent, hints the 2009 state championships game.

LOL its funny how much you have no idea what your talking about. Webb could be one of the best teams in the state every year (all classifications) if we did actually give our players financial aid based on ability. As a former Webb player I was constantly accused of being at Webb on a football scholarship..while I wish it was true I like every other athlete at webb was not on any type of sports scholarship. Scholarships are given on financial need and you have to pass a rigorous entrance exam just to enter the school. The number of athletes we have LOST in the past few years is unbelievable. All of them are playing or will play big time college ball. Aaron Douglas (Alabama) Tyler Clendenen (Austin Peay) Taino Perez (UT-Martin), Dorian Eskridge (Hardin Valley), Vic Wharton (Knoxvile-Catholic/CPA), and Aaron Blance (may return to webb) are just a few players we have lost due to lack of emphases on keeping ALL our athletes. ALL have or will play division 1 football. Trust me you dont want to see Webb ever again if we did give financial aid to our players and recruited. We just have great coaching and get the absolute best out of our talent, hints the 2009 state championships game.

The financial aid rules are the same for all Division 2 schools - no school, whether D2-A or D2-AA, gives "football scholarships" or any other "sports scholarship". Likewise with the "recruiting rules" - same rules for all D2 schools. :thumb:

That is not a fact, it is a lie. just watch the video of the conclusion of the game. its on both schools tssaanetwork website. All of the usj players went through the line to shake hands in the ceremonial sportsmanship hand shake line . The only player clearly not going through the line is webbs #20. He skipped the line and headed straight to the locker room.

Good Lord, I watched about 5 min. of that, I can name about seven or eight middle school teams

that could compete with Webb.

You obviously are very very ignorant. While webb was down this year we played two teams that were top 25 in the country both away. We lost one of our best players and still competed. Yea USJ was better than us this year but this was also the worst team webb has had in the last decade. If you go back any year before this Webb competed with and beat some of the best teams in the state. I'd put webbs 2009 and 2010 state championship teams against anyone buddy. Webb hasnt lost to any public school in over a decade except Maryville. That includes 4A, 5A, and 6A teams. LOL laughing about how stupid you just made yourself look.

Edited by Spartan4Life