Milan VS CAK

Slim88

I have thought alot about this and here is my post

CAK = the Better team.

that is plain and simple!!!!!

whether they are OZ's or Privates doesnt really matter. The fact is that these are teenage boys that work their tails off to become a championship caliber team. For that I congradulate those young men.

Please dont take me as a whiner because I am a realist and excuses really make me mad. This is just how I see it.

For Milan we are in a bit of a quandry for a couple of reasons....

here is my take and opinion

1. We would be better prepared if USJ and JCS had not cut and run after the multiplier was put in place. There were some good games played between the three of us. Playing these teams would have helped us prepare for a team like CAK.

2. We are in a region that is so big that we cannot schedule out of region teams that could better prepare us for meeting a passing team in the playoffs. (i don't think it would have mattered.(see line 2))

3.T$$AA does not give public schools an option of do they want to play in a all public or mixed league. maybe they should let publics choose on a divider. lol.

Now take the CAK and privates out of the equation and it is Milan vs. Alcoa. As I said before I am a realist ;) .

At Milan our goal every year is to be state champs. We work hard and we enter the field with some of the best players and coaches in the state. And in August, on that first day of practice, at some point Coach Morris will say. " The Tennessee State champs are practicing today. Why not here?"

And so it will begin again. a group of 14-18 year olds will go on a 10-15 week quest to see who is the best in the state.

good luck CAK, Alcoa, and all the other young men out there. Because that it what it is all about.

And here is hoping Charlie High will forego his senior year and sign early with UT...lol

Praise the Lord for the talent he gives and the enjoyment we get out of it!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your kind words about CAK's team; we're very proud of our guys and the dedication and hard work they put into this season.

The Bulldogs have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. They had a great season and made a nice run in the playoffs. There were a LOT of good football players wearing purple Friday evening, and they never gave up. For that, they should be commended. Congrats on a great season that simply adds one more layer to the rich tradition of Milan's program.

On a separate subject, I met several Milan fans Friday and they were very nice and respectful and showed a lot of class. I hope their impression of the CAK fans they met is the same.

at best we would be eye to eye. and thanks for the classy post. i just don't see milan winning another gold ball against the OZ'S and privates. if we are ever fortunate enough to play a closed zone public from the east and we get beat. i will be the first to say that the east is my daddy. :thumb:

I will remember this post. :D

I will remember this post. :D

Print it out and save it and if you guys are fortunate enough to play Milan next year, please do remind Mr. thedawg about it.

For what it's worth, which isn't a lot, but in my humble opinion A-E would have had a good chance of winning it all this year if they had gotten past CAK. My son plays OL and he said A-E's defensive front is the best he played against all year, followed closely by Alcoa and Milan.

Print it out and save it and if you guys are fortunate enough to play Milan next year, please do remind Mr. thedawg about it.

For what it's worth, which isn't a lot, but in my humble opinion A-E would have had a good chance of winning it all this year if they had gotten past CAK. My son plays OL and he said A-E's defensive front is the best he played against all year, followed closely by Alcoa and Milan.

Thanks for the kind words.

as you can see from all of my posts, i'm brutally honest. so when i tell you i'll do something then i will do it. don't know much about AE. are you guys a public closed zone school? be honest. if milan and ae get to meet and ya'll win and you are closed zone public. i'll admit that the east is my daddy.

as you can see from all of my posts, i'm brutally honest. so when i tell you i'll do something then i will do it. don't know much about AE. are you guys a public closed zone school? be honest. if milan and ae get to meet and ya'll win and you are closed zone public. i'll admit that the east is my daddy.

A-E is Austin-East, a 3A public school in East Knoxville. It is not "open zone" in the same sense that Alcoa and Maryville are; it has been designated as a "magnet" school by the Knox County School System, but student-athletes in other parts of the county generally don't transfer there because of sports.

A-E, like Milan, has a rich football tradition. I don't know if they've won any state titles, but I think they might have won at least one or two. They have been to the state championship game on multiple occasions.

This year's A-E team had an exceptional defense. After giving up some points in their first game or two, A-E did not give up more than 14 points in a game until the state semi-finals against CAK. MLB Jarod Henderson was a Mr. Football finalist and I can't remember if he won or not, but he's Div. I material easily.

A-E will return some very good players on both sides of the ball. When playoff time rolls around again, it's likely they'll be in the hunt.

Yes, public and closed zone. Austin-East is an inner-city school. Although they lose some talent to other schools due to "no child left behind," Austin-East is usually athletic with good overall team speed. Austin-East is not traditionally that strong in the weight room, but they are one of the more physical teams in Knoxville. They are very inconsistent, but IMO can give most teams in the state (in any classification) a game when they minimize mistakes.

Yes, public and closed zone. Austin-East is an inner-city school. Although they lose some talent to other schools due to "no child left behind," Austin-East is usually athletic with good overall team speed. Austin-East is not traditionally that strong in the weight room, but they are one of the more physical teams in Knoxville. They are very inconsistent, but IMO can give most teams in the state (in any classification) a game when they minimize mistakes.

Well said. I agree--on any given Friday, A-E could give anybody a run for their money.

this is exactly the kind of team i wish milan would schedule during regular season. win or lose it would really help in preparing for those monster east tenn teams if we're fortunate enough to make it back to state. the east and west at some point needs to schedule each other duing reg season. i know it would be costly but it would be extremely entertaining as well as helpful.

A-E is Austin-East, a 3A public school in East Knoxville. It is not "open zone" in the same sense that Alcoa and Maryville are; it has been designated as a "magnet" school by the Knox County School System, but student-athletes in other parts of the county generally don't transfer there because of sports.

A-E, like Milan, has a rich football tradition. I don't know if they've won any state titles, but I think they might have won at least one or two. They have been to the state championship game on multiple occasions.

This year's A-E team had an exceptional defense. After giving up some points in their first game or two, A-E did not give up more than 14 points in a game until the state semi-finals against CAK. MLB Jarod Henderson was a Mr. Football finalist and I can't remember if he won or not, but he's Div. I material easily.

A-E will return some very good players on both sides of the ball. When playoff time rolls around again, it's likely they'll be in the hunt.

I do not know of any athletes that have transfered to Austin-East (through the magnet program) and not had to sit out a year. I can name some that live in our zone and play(ed) at other schools. I don't know if these students transfered or used a alternate (or relative's) address.

As far as state championships, see my signature. Just like people say that the state championship was the CAK-Alcoa game, many people used to say the same thing about the AE-Fulton game in the third round between 01 and 04, then Catholic came to the Region and any of those three teams could have won it. For eight consecutive years from 2001 - 2008, Region 2-3A represented the east in the state championship. The region brought home 6 gold balls and 2 silvers.

Austin-East lost a lot this year. Most of the 2011 seniors had been starting since they were sophomores. There are a lot of holes to fill, but I do think they will be somewhere in the mix at the end of the year.