GCFootball for 2012

SpreadAttack

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No college is not the primary reason for going to a Greeneville program, as I have already said, Kids want to win!

And my comment about colleges is not wrong. If a kid is trying to better his chances of palying in college he is definetly better off in Greeneville.

Let's say you are a really good quarterback and you play at North Greene.

Now You're a really good quarterback playing at Greeneville or Dobyns-Bennet. More talented recievers, lineman and Coaching. The competition is better, the big game pressure is more and often, (which are things colleges look for) and the exposure is always there, not just part of the time.

Come on, do you really believe it's the same?!

You can't be serious.

Well if this is the case, why is it that of the top five recruits from Tennessee this year, only one of them plays on a team that has a winning record/won a playoff game? (Jay Guillermo, Maryville) Im not arguing that playing better competition doesn't help you, because it definitely does; but I do believe that if you have the talent no matter where you play, you will be found if you go to the right camps, workouts, etc.

Edited by RespectTheGame

"If you can play you can play and they will want you"

I kindly disagree. No offense. We just have differing opinions.

It's like telling a kid, "you can be anything you want to be when you grow up".

There are way more factors involved.

I can tell my nephew he can be anything he wants to be and he can say he's gonna be an NBA all star.

Aint happening. Turst me.

Anyway, It's been fun.

Tanks.

Obviously Roddy, you don't know much about this topic, so let Mr enlighten you. In football, if your coach emails college coaches about some of his players, then the college coaches will request game film to watch. If they like what they see, they will then begin the recruiting process with that player. Most college coaches don't just go watch a particular team play, even Greeneville, unless they have heard about a player.

In basketball, same thing, except in basketball AAU is very important. It doesn't matter what high school the player plays for, if they can make it onto an AAU team, that is where college basketball coaches (and some high school, wink) recruit.

In baseball and softball, travel teams is important-doesnt matter so much about your high school team.

Now, you should feel more educated! Your welcome!

You all said that this was a thread about Greene County Football in 2012 right? Isn't Greeneville located in Greene County? I mean the Greene County Sheriffs Dept and the Greene County Courthouse are located in Greeneville. And doesn't the Greeneville Sun publish the All County team at the end of fooball season. I believe there were several Greeneville High players on it. So this being the case, where do you all get that Greeneville High shouldn't be included in on this thread. If you all wanted this to be a thread about the schools that are located outside the city limits of Greeneville, then you should have specified that when naming the thread.

You all said that this was a thread about Greene County Football in 2012 right? Isn't Greeneville located in Greene County? I mean the Greene County Sheriffs Dept and the Greene County Courthouse are located in Greeneville. And doesn't the Greeneville Sun publish the All County team at the end of fooball season. I believe there were several Greeneville High players on it. So this being the case, where do you all get that Greeneville High shouldn't be included in on this thread. If you all wanted this to be a thread about the schools that are located outside the city limits of Greeneville, then you should have specified that when naming the thread.

Did you actually have anything to say about any of the teams, including greeneville? If so, I missed it. This isn't about where buildings are located, it is about our opinions on next years teams.

Edited by gcfball

Did you actually have anything to say about any of the teams, including greeneville? If so, I missed it. This isn't about where buildings are located, it is about our opinions on next years teams.

My point is that if a thread about Greene County football is going to be started then the Greeneville fans should be allowed to post on here without the county fans getting upset. Yes I am a Greeneville fan and alumni, but I support all of the high schools in Greene County.

My point is that if a thread about Greene County football is going to be started then the Greeneville fans should be allowed to post on here without the county fans getting upset. Yes I am a Greeneville fan and alumni, but I support all of the high schools in Greene County.

Ok...post something then! Do you need us to give you permission?

So now, how many players from the county will want to come play for a team that is in contention for something other than a milk can? Think what dalton and Julius are thinking. 2 rings or a county championship?

Doubt thats what they are thinking. They are probably thinking something like "Senior year is awesome", or "where will I play College Ball?" Something much more important to ones life/future than how another team performed in the playoffs.

Edited by RespectTheGame

Who have we recruited? and thanks barb for making this thread!! :roflol:

There is a difference between getting the best talent you can have (as county fans say "recruiting") by showing them what they have if they come to greeneville, and illegaly paying or giving benefits to a player. Every coach who has ever coached has surely tried to get the best talent possible correct?