NOON MCGAVOCK VS PEARL - COHN

2:30 UNIVERSITY SCHOOL (NASHVILLE) VS HILLSBORO

5:00 BRENTWOOD VS HUNTERS LANE

7:30 NASHVILLE OVERTON VS MAPLEWOOD

SHOWDOWN IN THE SOUTH

HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10TH, 2011

• 2 weeks later...

While I am not sure exactly why the NCAA ruling exists, I know some tournaments have been held at State Universities this year, likely not knowing the rule. If the rule exists I would like to read exactly what it says because many high schools send their schools in to the State from other States which I am sure may not comply with TSSAA rules and maybe not even NCAA rules and consequently not TSSAA eligibility rules and compete under a socalled national championship. One has a tournament in Atlanta this month with State high Schools under the auspices of ESPN, if I'm not mistaken. For some reason this is a mistake fixing to happen and maybe not. National High School Association, whatever it is, has likely got everything converend with the myrid of regulations played. Certainly Privates travel everywhere to play football and as I remember two schools played this fall at the University of Louisville in Louisville. The other questions may deal with other sports in which sports dealing with Volleyball preseason may deal with playdays in which TSSAA officials may not be used but Schools would be involved. So that everything would be clear, the TSSAA might likely send something to schools defining those things that need to be cleared concerning the rules.

While I am not sure exactly why the NCAA ruling exists, I know some tournaments have been held at State Universities this year, likely not knowing the rule. If the rule exists I would like to read exactly what it says because many high schools send their schools in to the State from other States which I am sure may not comply with TSSAA rules and maybe not even NCAA rules and consequently not TSSAA eligibility rules and compete under a socalled national championship. One has a tournament in Atlanta this month with State high Schools under the auspices of ESPN, if I'm not mistaken. For some reason this is a mistake fixing to happen and maybe not. National High School Association, whatever it is, has likely got everything converend with the myrid of regulations played. Certainly Privates travel everywhere to play football and as I remember two schools played this fall at the University of Louisville in Louisville. The other questions may deal with other sports in which sports dealing with Volleyball preseason may deal with playdays in which TSSAA officials may not be used but Schools would be involved. So that everything would be clear, the TSSAA might likely send something to schools defining those things that need to be cleared concerning the rules.

The Ruling just came down earlier this week from the NCAA, so any games played earlier were OK. It was ruled that tournaments, sponsored by private entities, at college arenas, give the host college an unfair recuriting advantage. It is a nationwide ruling. Since these games were already scheduled this year, many schools nationwide are scrambling to relocate the games. Hopefully they'll reconsider this ruling and allow High School kids, the majority of whom will never play college basketball, the chance to play some games on a college floor.

8 GAMES!! (4 DOUBLEHEADERS) @ BELMONT'S CURB EVENT CENTER

NOON MCGAVOCK VS PEARL - COHN

2:30 UNIVERSITY SCHOOL (NASHVILLE) VS HILLSBORO

5:00 BRENTWOOD VS HUNTERS LANE

7:30 NASHVILLE OVERTON VS MAPLEWOOD

SHOWDOWN IN THE SOUTH

HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10TH, 2011

Who won the boys game between McGavock and Pearl-Cohn and the boys game between Overton and Maplewood?