CAK's Charlie High sets tssaa record 7 TD's

harley04

I would have to have him or his parents refresh my memory on who actually offered but he received a lot of attention from several schools, but I believe most were D2 schools. He took a visit to Texas A&M but that didn't work out. No, he didn't dream of going to the Ivy League but he understands what the value of that Princeton diploma will be once he is finished with football.

It's refreshing to hear a high school athlete choose a school for academics. If High's high school career ended this year, he would probably get looks from schools similar to the ones that showed interest in Epperly. High has some things on his side that Epperly didn't have though... a state championship, several state records, and another year to play.

In no particular order... I hope High grows a few more inches, gets lots of scholarship offers, breaks some more records, loses to Austin-East in the semi-finals, and signs with the university of his choice.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game and this kid absolutely amazed me! He has every skill the tradition QB has and still has another year!.. Wow! Yes he does have the size to play in the SEC, maybe not UT but the SEC! Height don't really matter if you have a true QB instinct! Drew Brees listed at 6'0" more like 5'10"!

This kid will be just fine!!

I watched the game and this kid absolutely amazed me! He has every skill the tradition QB has and still has another year!.. Wow! Yes he does have the size to play in the SEC, maybe not UT but the SEC! Height don't really matter if you have a true QB instinct! Drew Brees listed at 6'0" more like 5'10"!

This kid will be just fine!!

Drew Brees, Doug Flutie, Mike Vick... yes they are all no taller than 6'0" and are or were great NFL QBs.

but...

How many SEC QBs (past or present) can you name that are less than 6'0"?

People keep mentioning Drew Brees. Brees was the Texas 5A Offensive Player of the Year. Competition in 5A in Texas is a little different than 3A in Tennessee. I'm not saying that High is not capable. I'm just saying that these are things that are considered by recruiters. As good as Robinette is, he still didn't get a lot of offers (as of eary Summer 2011) from SEC schools.

It's refreshing to hear a high school athlete choose a school for academics. If High's high school career ended this year, he would probably get looks from schools similar to the ones that showed interest in Epperly. High has some things on his side that Epperly didn't have though... a state championship, several state records, and another year to play.

In no particular order... I hope High grows a few more inches, gets lots of scholarship offers, breaks some more records, loses to Austin-East in the semi-finals, and signs with the university of his choice.

:D That ababy CBNS, get your plug in for those Roadrunners, ha. Well, it is Christmas so I guess it is ok to at least ask. Tell those guys to keep working on that press coverage :thumb:

Drew Brees, Doug Flutie, Mike Vick... yes they are all no taller than 6'0" and are or were great NFL QBs.

but...

People keep mentioning Drew Brees. Brees was the Texas 5A Offensive Player of the Year. Competition in 5A in Texas is a little different than 3A in Tennessee. I'm not saying that High is not capable. I'm just saying that these are things that are considered by recruiters. As good as Robinette is, he still didn't get a lot of offers (as of eary Summer 2011) from SEC schools.

You are right most are 6'3" in the SEC a few 6'1"s and UTs QBs are usually 6'4" to 6'6"!

I still think the kid will be just fine in whatever conference in whatever division!

but...

I might get a lot of heat for this... but besides his height, I'm not sure that I would take Patton Robinette over High, at all. I think Robinette's athleticism is phenomenal but I would wager putting High in that type of offense would garner the same results whereas I am fairly certain, after having seen Robinette play multiple games this season, that he is nowhere near the passer that High is. Now, obviously, enough D1 schools think differently but if you gave High Robinette's size, I'm not sure he isn't a very highly touted recruit, a la Justin Worley

When a kid puts up the numbers that C.High has, then the football world has to take notice. I know he wants to play college football because he has said so publicly. He will get that opportunity no doubt, but at what level is to be determined. I'm not his advisor, but if I were, I would tell him to fully embrace the high school experience, enjoy all his teammates and the state title and any and all future high school success, and don't let the issue of college football consume him. Its fun for us to speculate, but he should just enjoy the ride. College football is great but nothing compares to the memories you make with your best friends on Friday nights in high school :thumb:

When a kid puts up the numbers that C.High has, then the football world has to take notice. I know he wants to play college football because he has said so publicly. He will get that opportunity no doubt, but at what level is to be determined. I'm not his advisor, but if I were, I would tell him to fully embrace the high school experience, enjoy all his teammates and the state title and any and all future high school success, and don't let the issue of college football consume him. Its fun for us to speculate, but he should just enjoy the ride. College football is great but nothing compares to the memories you make with your best friends on Friday nights in high school :thumb:

Great post! I agree with ever point. Control what you can control, and don't worry about the other stuff.

Great post! I agree with ever point. Control what you can control, and don't worry about the other stuff.

We should have met at the AE/CAK game this year. I respect your posts. Seems like we see some things very similarly. Maybe we will get that chance relatively soon :thumb: I'll buy you a burger and some nanner puddn if we are at CAK and you can get me some of those famous wings if we are at AE :hungry:

Edited by FootballDad