Dresden Lions 2012

hogheaven

I was poking fun at the "excuse" from last year by the Dresden Lions, not you guys. We've heard it, our coaches and players have heard it----we have a clue, because we've been there more than once and actually understand the "whole" system. Good luck this season.

I was responding to ysoangry's continual mudslinging, best of luck to you as well,

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see it's starting to get a little testy as we get closer...lol My question for the "Best Public School Football Team in 2A from last year"...are you guys going to do the post game handshake this year after our contest?? My nephew is a current Rebel and this has been a topic of discussion since we were eliminated last year. In all of his years of football, he said this was the most "trash" talking team he'd evered played against----is it going to be the same as last year? I don't agree with the mouthing in football, but he says it's part of the game with some teams. No offense meant to Doyle and Commander, but this is what we've heard since the beat down in the championship last year " Public vs. Private"...from our perspective, we don't really care if you are public, private, or even recruit---we just want to play ya'

Your post totally demonstrates why McKenzie is a power year after year. The Rebels are very well coached, work hard in the off season (I have seen your videos on your website and YouTube), and don't make excuses when you come up short. Instead, they say good luck ya hoser see ya next time and get back to work.

Your post totally demonstrates why McKenzie is a power year after year. The Rebels are very well coached, work hard in the off season (I have seen your videos on your website and YouTube), and don't make excuses when you come up short. Instead, they say good luck ya hoser see ya next time and get back to work.

Hey We Appreciate The Recognition...We Do Try...LOL.. But last Year Was A Lil Painful To Watch...Dang I Love Football!...And Good Luck To Your Team As Well ...Crush!

Hey We Appreciate The Recognition...We Do Try...LOL.. But last Year Was A Lil Painful To Watch...Dang I Love Football!...And Good Luck To Your Team As Well ...Crush!

I am sure last season was tough, but all great programs have a hiccup. It doesn't make it any easier watching your rivals move on and gloat while doing it. I am sure the Rebels will invoke their will this season and make amends for some losses. I am a fan of quality programs led by quality men, which McKenzie is the definition of. What I can't believe is that Butchie just wished a private school the best of luck. Just kidding ya Hoser! I'll be watching the T after games to see how you guys did. Go get em!

I can see it's starting to get a little testy as we get closer...lol My question for the "Best Public School Football Team in 2A from last year"...are you guys going to do the post game handshake this year after our contest?? My nephew is a current Rebel and this has been a topic of discussion since we were eliminated last year. In all of his years of football, he said this was the most "trash" talking team he'd evered played against----is it going to be the same as last year? I don't agree with the mouthing in football, but he says it's part of the game with some teams. No offense meant to Doyle and Commander, but this is what we've heard since the beat down in the championship last year " Public vs. Private"...from our perspective, we don't really care if you are public, private, or even recruit---we just want to play ya'

Don't think the Dresden kids mouth anymore than any other teams that we play. If I remember correctly one of your players were yelling at our coaches and even pushed your principle. Will this be the same as last year? Even the FCA saints were running their mouths pretty good during the game. That's just part of the game, just like the old guy with the train horn. Last year after the handshake incident, I was the first person to respond on here to show my disgust at what happened. If you remember correctly our team went to the Rebel's locker room after the game, against the head coaches wishes, to shake hands, because they knew what was right. Football is a tough sport and I'm not a big fan of the mouthing either, but it seems like that is one way kids fire themselves up through the game. I can only speak for myself when I say Mckenzie and your friends south have been the class of the district for years and I respect that. On the same note we plan on knocking you guys out of that position. Just hope our teams stay injury free and you better be ready for week 3..................

Dresden fans were not happy with the decision of the head coach not to shake hands after the game. He said on the radio the next day that there was so much talking & pushing going on from both sides during the game that he was afraid what would happen if they shook hands. (Note: the head coach that made that decision has since retired so we now have a new head coach.) We were however proud of the boys that stepped up & went to the visitors locker room on their own to shake hands afterwards. I seem to remember a few unclassy moves made by Rebel players when we met a 2nd time. That doesn't mean that we now think the Rebel team as a whole are bad.

Dresden fans were not happy with the decision of the head coach not to shake hands after the game. He said on the radio the next day that there was so much talking & pushing going on from both sides during the game that he was afraid what would happen if they shook hands. (Note: the head coach that made that decision has since retired so we now have a new head coach.) We were however proud of the boys that stepped up & went to the visitors locker room on their own to shake hands afterwards. I seem to remember a few unclassy moves made by Rebel players when we met a 2nd time. That doesn't mean that we now think the Rebel team as a whole are bad.

Well It Only Takes One To Get Everybody Slung Under The Bus...Ya Hosers!

Well It Only Takes One To Get Everybody Slung Under The Bus...Ya Hosers!

You are correct it only takes one but we also have to understand that in the end these are just kids. Emotions run high and I'm not going to judge a kid by his reaction once after losing a game. Just like I don't think Dresden's team can be judged by the ex head coach not letting the team shake hands. One thing I know for sure Dresden's current coaching staff will do their best to kick other teams butts on the field but they wont stand for any shenanigans on or off the field. Granted our boys might talk a little smack, pound their chest (and pound QBs I hope) but that doesn't mean we don't respect they opposing teams. Just means we are excited about playing the game.

Hosers? We will give you a good hosing week 3!!!!!!!!

You are correct it only takes one but we also have to understand that in the end these are just kids. Emotions run high and I'm not going to judge a kid by his reaction once after losing a game. Just like I don't think Dresden's team can be judged by the ex head coach not letting the team shake hands. One thing I know for sure Dresden's current coaching staff will do their best to kick other teams butts on the field but they wont stand for any shenanigans on or off the field. Granted our boys might talk a little smack, pound their chest (and pound QBs I hope) but that doesn't mean we don't respect they opposing teams. Just means we are excited about playing the game.

Hosers? We will give you a good hosing week 3!!!!!!!!

We'll Be Ready...Last Year Was A Fluke!...lol....Emotions Run High..And They Should...I Wouldn't Want A Player That Didn't Play With Emotion...And It's Tough To Acknowledge You Got Beat, When It's the Marker Game For Our Bracket...Win And Your In...Us Rebels Love The Rivalry We Are Building And It Helps Us Old Folks Have Something to Look Forward Too...But At the End Of the Day It Is Kids Playing Thier Heart Out For Our Enjoyment...the Tougher We both Get...The Tougher Our Represenative Will Be On Down The Road...Ya Hosers!

Preach on brother Butchie...... The days of Dresden being a pushover are gone and I don't see them coming back anytime soon. McKenzie has been a powerhouse for years and we enjoy the rivalry also, and hope we can keep it a battle. Season is rapidly approaching and I wish the Rebels good luck each week, except week 3!!!! lol

Preach on brother Butchie...... The days of Dresden being a pushover are gone and I don't see them coming back anytime soon. McKenzie has been a powerhouse for years and we enjoy the rivalry also, and hope we can keep it a battle. Season is rapidly approaching and I wish the Rebels good luck each week, except week 3!!!! lol

I agree with the games being played with the kids and when you lose, it's never a "good" pill to swallow. I hate to see it turn in to those types of games with the talking too or not showing each other respect (after the game at least). I disagree with Butchie (on a very seldom basis), but this time I do. I wouldn't exactly call it a "rivalry" yet...I believe we are 8-1 in our last 9 meetings. If you beat us this year, then it's a bona fide rivalry. See you Week 3---I'll be on the fence on the West endzone yelling!!

I agree with the games being played with the kids and when you lose, it's never a "good" pill to swallow. I hate to see it turn in to those types of games with the talking too or not showing each other respect (after the game at least). I disagree with Butchie (on a very seldom basis), but this time I do. I wouldn't exactly call it a "rivalry" yet...I believe we are 8-1 in our last 9 meetings. If you beat us this year, then it's a bona fide rivalry. See you Week 3---I'll be on the fence on the West endzone yelling!!

Well Cancel The Rivalry Then...Because Me Rebels Are Gonna Monkey Stomp Them Lions....Last Year Was A Fluke! Edited by Butchie