Dresden Lions 2012

hogheaven

Well lions, its time to start the new year. Missed the goal last year by 35 points. Got some work to do. New qb again, got a great line returning, need to develop a few Linebackers, safeties, DT, and develop a little more speed. Every year is different, so I expect next year to be different, but our goals are the same. Win district and run the gauntlet in the playoffs. If we can develop our depth and strength a little more we can surprise everyone again. Parents and support really learned how to support a program last season. Great job and career by Coach Hewett (even though he will still be helping football...he loves them kids). Look forward to supporting a new coach and helping get the most out of them next year. We start working again "officially" after christmas. Guys can still lift in their PE class, but no football for a couple weeks. Good luck to basketball in baseball teams this season. Those wanting to come out, don't wait until summer. Too Late! This team WORKS! Hardest working team I've seen. My predictions for 2012....depends on how hard the Lions work. Simple formula. McKenzie, Huntingdon, Gleason, West Carroll, Bruceton, Union City, Stewart County, Westview, Gibson County, Riverside. Tough schedule. Gotta be stong!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden 15-0 :thumb:

There is no way you can go 15-0, you will get a bye in the first round if you go 10-0 in the regular season. The best you can do is go 14-0, but that won't happen because you'll get stomped again once you play a team from the east. West Tennessee football must be super weak in 2A! A 13-1 record for the year wouldn't be bad though. The East will prob be down next year, but I think they will still win it all. I see Boyd representing the East. Both us and Trousdale lose a lot from this years teams and I think Boyd only had like 7 seniors. Good luck next year, whatever y'all do, make sure your line gets better. That's where games are won and lost and evidence of that is what happened yesterday.

There is no way you can go 15-0, you will get a bye in the first round if you go 10-0 in the regular season. The best you can do is go 14-0, but that won't happen because you'll get stomped again once you play a team from the east. West Tennessee football must be super weak in 2A! A 13-1 record for the year wouldn't be bad though. The East will prob be down next year, but I think they will still win it all. I see Boyd representing the East. Both us and Trousdale lose a lot from this years teams and I think Boyd only had like 7 seniors. Good luck next year, whatever y'all do, make sure your line gets better. That's where games are won and lost and evidence of that is what happened yesterday.

I think a good recruiting season will take care of that :roflol:

We still don't get transfers. Westview gets a ton of talent out of our middle school. Would be nice to get our homegrown boys back. But, why would anyone go to Dresden when they can go to the dominant Westview program! :shock:

I was told that westview player was coming back to Dresden after Christmas? Transferring. He been to last 3 playoff games Dresden playing.