District 3-AAA (Powell, OakRidge, A.C., etc...

ET1979

Good recruiter? Jp if Blade was recruiting, he sure as heck aint doing a good job of it, cause we lost 4 games lol...Name me 2 kids on Oak Ridge's team he has "recruited"? If Oak ridge was recruiting, we would be playing for the Gold ball bro. Aint no recruiting going on, and never has at OR contrary to what people have said or have thunk over the years...Recruiting is a term people use when they are jealous of your success, people do it with Maryville and Alcoa all the time..They win, so they must "recruit" No recruiting going on in OR pal. It aint recruiting if the kids willingly want to come play for OR, and good luck with AC beating OR AT OR this year..Their will always be next year has become a famous saying in maverick land for the OR game lol If i were you i would wait to see how the year pans out right before the game, before i would make a prediciton of AC beating us, being that we completely throttled you at your own place last year... :bored:

Thatis Sweet!

No I think as I said but not in details that just ORtraditions really helps in parents choosing to send there kids there.Not talking about farming. But if a kid suddenly becomes a talent andhe may choose a Lake rather then be a big fish in a small pond. So iam just saying OR does have that atmosphere for parents. I know Daveyalmost went there. That is what I am really saying,

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thatis Sweet!

No I think as I said but not in details that just ORtraditions really helps in parents choosing to send there kids there.Not talking about farming. But if a kid suddenly becomes a talent andhe may choose a Lake rather then be a big fish in a small pond. So iam just saying OR does have that atmosphere for parents. I know Daveyalmost went there. That is what I am really saying,

Maybe, but that isn't recruiting at all, it is called a parent wanting the best opportunity for their child..OR is a great public school academically as well, not just athletics...

Maybe, but that isn't recruiting at all, it is called a parent wanting the best opportunity for their child..OR is a great public school academically as well, not just athletics...

I agree but it is Sales Oak Ridge tradition sells it self. That not bad, thats good Sweet. However I am saying that is a good edge and they deserve it. That is what I would like for AC to get started and I know it takes years. But you have to start somewhere. Lots business are moving down on the exit and to Norris. So Iam just saying they need to start now. This year. :)

I agree but it is Sales Oak Ridge tradition sells it self. That not bad, thats good Sweet. However I am saying that is a good edge and they deserve it. That is what I would like for AC to get started and I know it takes years. But you have to start somewhere. Lots business are moving down on the exit and to Norris. So Iam just saying they need to start now. This year. :)

Well, that is something that Oak Ridge has earned by their winning tradition and titles over the years. Can't help that, but you are right, it helps. Lots of hard work over the years has gone in to achieve that though, once upon a time Oak Ridge never existed before most of these High Schools around here, except for AC,Karns,maybe Powell? Not sure..We have been playing football 20+ years less then most high schools though like Maryville and DB etc...We had to earn that name.

Edited by SweetScience

Well, that is something that Oak Ridge has earned by their winning tradition and titles over the years. Can't help that, but you are right, it helps. Lots of hard work over the years has gone in to achieve that though, once upon a time Oak Ridge never existed before most of these High Schools around here, except for AC,Karns,maybe Powell? Not sure..We have been playing football 20+ years less then most high schools though like Maryville and DB etc...We had to earn that name.

Folks, not only does athletic tradition "sell Oak Ridge" but a far superior education committment by the community works in it's favor too. I mean superior to the surrounding District schools (don't want to anger the Maryville folks).

Thats correct.... Just like AC, Campbell County parents dont want to send there kids that has talent to CC they want to give them the best chance to win and to be seen. So why not take them a couple excits down to AC??? Clinton is bad for saying AC recruits CC kids. When Coach Kerr came to AC his name made a bunch of kids and parents wanting to come to AC...

Space ........Space Your spacing out on me. I assume the higher number means the best. You know like numbers between 1-7 where 7 being the best, 6th runner up etc. That sound more like space. I thought you were having an ADHD moment.

I was kidding. AC will be good this year cant wait. They will have a chance to win the region. :thumb:

Looks like AC is getting some tranfers from other schools.... This season is starting to look alot better.... :thumb:

umm, they have always gotten transfers from other schools. Why do you think Campbell County has always sucked a huge one in football forever now? Started with Larry Kerr... :huh:

Edited by SweetScience