oneida 2012

CleatlessInjun

I agree with you on half that comment. Wartburg was young last year, I think they will be much improved. You all always have tough kids. I think the bulldogs will do very well this year. Definately a sleeper team that will punch you in the mouth!

Not sure about my Indians. Could win state, or barely eck out 3 wins. Just another wait and see year up here on the reservation.

DOES ONEIDA OPEN UP WITH GREENBACK AGAIN THIS YR AND WHERE AT

The Indians are gonna have a great QB this year. I hope Coach May is back to call the Offense. It would help the boys greatly to only need to learn Coach Lambert's D.

Speaking of Great QB's. I have to post this play by Torrey Slaven. Lot's of the Indian faithful remember #10 in the Orange and White. This is Slaven down at Tusculum.

Check out the 22nd minute of this video....awesome hit followed by a 40 yrd TD! That is how Oneida teaches their Quarterbacks!

Edited by SmashMouth

The Indians are gonna have a great QB this year. I hope Coach May is back to call the Offense. It would help the boys greatly to only need to learn Coach Lambert's D.

Speaking of Great QB's. I have to post this play by Torrey Slaven. Lot's of the Indian faithful remember #10 in the Orange and White. This is Slaven down at Tusculum.

Check out the 22nd minute of this video....awesome hit followed by a 40 yrd TD! That is how Oneida teaches their Quarterbacks!

Guess ole red "snapper" has a fellow critter to hang with now. . . BIG DAWG! I had a feeling you'd like that hit & toss there Smash, that's a little bit of old school followed up with a little flash :thumb:

Yes I'm pretty sure they do unless something has happened from last years schedule. If it hasn't changed it will be @ Oneida this year.

Should be a great game. I believe ill make the trip to oneida, all ive heard is that oneida has one of the best atmosphere for hs football. GOTTA LOVE SMALL TOWN FOOTBALL ON FRIDAY NIGHTS

It is so far away.....yet tantalizingly close. The Defense will be improved from a year ago, because Lambert will have some prime athletes in key spots. Of course he is going to ride the "we might take a while to gell as a team" stance, but make no mistake he knows what to do with good players. His team at Scott High last year was outmanned in just about every position and he still managed to make that bunch competitive. Oneida graduated 5 players from a year ago and the cupboard ain't bare. A good bet is that the Indian's fortunes continue to rise.

Should be a great game. I believe ill make the trip to oneida, all ive heard is that oneida has one of the best atmosphere for hs football. GOTTA LOVE SMALL TOWN FOOTBALL ON FRIDAY NIGHTS

Awesome game! I remember the 2008 game down in Greenback. Ya'll hired a plane that had a banner "Beat Oneida" That is some Small Town Football passion, brother! :thumb:

It will be a tough one! Both teams are tracking in the same direction but Oneida has been missing a stroke here and there the last few years. We will see whose boys have been working hardest in the off-seaon for sure! No better way to kick off the seasaon than an Ole Fashion Indian War! :hungry:

I expect a huge turn out for this one! Greenback at Oneida, sweet! :thumb:

It is so far away.....yet tantalizingly close. The Defense will be improved from a year ago, because Lambert will have some prime athletes in key spots. Of course he is going to ride the "we might take a while to gell as a team" stance, but make no mistake he knows what to do with good players. His team at Scott High last year was outmanned in just about every position and he still managed to make that bunch competitive. Oneida graduated 5 players from a year ago and the cupboard ain't bare. A good bet is that the Indian's fortunes continue to rise.

I agree rufus. But more than that...Make the freaking play. Make the Tackle! Make the block. Do it all night long! Go from whistle to whistle, non-stop all 11 players. One focus.

Don't wave to the crowd. Don't do a dance in the end zone. Dont jump on some other teams mascot before the game. Play Tackle Football like an Oneida Indian!

It's very simple to do, and very few teams do it well.

Awesome game! I remember the 2008 game down in Greenback. Ya'll hired a plane that had a banner "Beat Oneida" That is some Small Town Football passion, brother! :thumb:

It will be a tough one! Both teams are tracking in the same direction but Oneida has been missing a stroke here and there the last few years. We will see whose boys have been working hardest in the off-seaon for sure! No better way to kick off the seasaon than an Ole Fashion Indian War! :hungry:

I expect a huge turn out for this one! Greenback at Oneida, sweet! :thumb:

Any idea on which Date this game will be played on? I know its been the 1st game of the yr for both squads the past 2 yrs

Any idea on which Date this game will be played on? I know its been the 1st game of the yr for both squads the past 2 yrs

Last years game was August 19th. This year, the Friday closest to that date is on the 18th. I would bet this is the day.

If you drive into town, just past the field, there is a great Mexican food resturaunt, El Reys! It's right next to the Wal-Mart, cant miss it! :thumb: Lots of other great places to eat.

Got the ole aluminum seats for the visting fans or plenty of room to stand all the way around field. Oneida and Burchfield Middle School may be the only schools in East Tennessee to have press boxes built of logs. Don't get much more Appalachian (i.e. HillBilly) than that! :flower:

Rough off season. I don't want to wish my time away but I am looking forward to seeing the Kees up at Dr. M.E. Thompson field/Jim May Stadium.