Friendship christian Baseball.

horsepig11

Right...., if the cowbells aren't a distraction then why have them. I heard from the crew working State at MTCS last year about how classless they thought FC was with all that and they had no dogs in the fight. FCS has a really good team, why do they need that and to say a kid is mentally weak because they have cowbells ringing in their ears when they're trying to focus...I don't know. Do FC fans clang those bells when their boys are at the plate? Just asking..., if not why not, does it distract them? 1A compete with private money schools that can recruit out of state if they want....there are some pretty good 1A teams out there though and who knows maybe they'll have cowbells too.

So is it classless for fans to get as loud as they can when an opponent player is shooting a free throw in basketball? And then when your own team shoots free throws it's extremely quiet. Is it classless when it's 3rd and 4 and the fans get as loud as they can cause their team Is on defense? No it's not classless, the fans are doing whatever they can to help their team win. This is the same case with the cow bells. Are you really trying to say a bunch of 40-50 year old women are classless because they have cow bells they like to ring? Lol

Edited by CommanderMan

So is it classless for fans to get as loud as they can when an opponent player is shooting a free throw in basketball? And then when your own team shoots free throws it's extremely quiet. Is it classless when it's 3rd and 4 and the fans get as loud as they can cause their team Is on defense? No it's not classless, the fans are doing whatever they can to help their team win. This is the same case with the cow bells. Are you really trying to say a bunch of 40-50 year old women are classless because they have cow bells they like to ring? Lol

It's a difference of opinion on the cow bells, I personally do not like them, but I am more concerned with my teams effort and play than the other teams parents.

So what you're saying is they're not good enough to win it on their own according to your philosophy, they have to have a distraction. I realize that in college their are a couple of schools that have the cowbells and at basketball games the fans sometimes have boom sticks, don't see, or at least I haven't seen that kind of thing a lot in HS sports. In all honesty it's probably more of a nuisance to the fans as it gets old quick when you're just trying to watch a game and don't want a cowbell ringing in your ear. I suppose if the other team's fans know that FC does that, then they can return the favor with their own bells but if I'm at that game I'm wearing ear plugs.

So what you're saying is they're not good enough to win it on their own according to your philosophy, they have to have a distraction. I realize that in college their are a couple of schools that have the cowbells and at basketball games the fans sometimes have boom sticks, don't see, or at least I haven't seen that kind of thing a lot in HS sports. In all honesty it's probably more of a nuisance to the fans as it gets old quick when you're just trying to watch a game and don't want a cowbell ringing in your ear. I suppose if the other team's fans know that FC does that, then they can return the favor with their own bells but if I'm at that game I'm wearing ear plugs.

Next time you hear your football fans blow an air horn or shake jugs of rocks to get loud, think about this post.

Next time you hear your football fans blow an air horn or shake jugs of rocks to get loud, think about this post.

An air horn at a football field as opposed to behind the plate as a batter prepares to swing is a bit different although I don't remember any air horns, I don't do either. Tell ya what put some rocks in a plastic bottle and shake them by your ear and then take a cow bell and shake it by your ear and see which is worse. I'm all for yelling and clapping and all that but I don't much care for a bell ringing in my ear whether its my team's fans or the opponents fans. It won't stop me from going to the games either way. It's kind of apples and oranges in my opinion when at a game and the fans are cheering or ringing, waving and jumping around and its a continious, constant noise that players adjust to as opposed to just at the moment a batter starts to swing a bunch of cow bells start clanging. It's like watching a Nascar race and seeing a big crash that's very common and then sitting in traffic and have someone rear end the car next to you with a loud crash. Which is gonna be more distracting. Either way whatever works for ya I guess.

An air horn at a football field as opposed to behind the plate as a batter prepares to swing is a bit different although I don't remember any air horns, I don't do either. Tell ya what put some rocks in a plastic bottle and shake them by your ear and then take a cow bell and shake it by your ear and see which is worse. I'm all for yelling and clapping and all that but I don't much care for a bell ringing in my ear whether its my team's fans or the opponents fans. It won't stop me from going to the games either way. It's kind of apples and oranges in my opinion when at a game and the fans are cheering or ringing, waving and jumping around and its a continious, constant noise that players adjust to as opposed to just at the moment a batter starts to swing a bunch of cow bells start clanging. It's like watching a Nascar race and seeing a big crash that's very common and then sitting in traffic and have someone rear end the car next to you with a loud crash. Which is gonna be more distracting. Either way whatever works for ya I guess.

Sounds like TSSSA should adopt guidelines similar to USSSA youth baseball back a few years ago banning any artifical noisemakers. Period. That would take out the whining.

Either way it should not matter, if something outside of the field is getting into the batters head then he doesn't need to be at the plate. Personally, when I played, and i'm sure a lot feel this way too, it is just me and the pitcher and i'm not worried about anything else but the pitcher.

Either way it should not matter, if something outside of the field is getting into the batters head then he doesn't need to be at the plate. Personally, when I played, and i'm sure a lot feel this way too, it is just me and the pitcher and i'm not worried about anything else but the pitcher.

Thats like saying Tiger Woods shouldn't play golf because if the noise of a camera clicking distracts him he shouldn't be at the tee (and we've all seen how he treats that when it happens). And he's trying to hit a ball that's sitting still on a tee with basically the same swing a batter takes except for the angle. Anyway that kinda thing goes both ways.

Sounds like TSSSA should adopt guidelines similar to USSSA youth baseball back a few years ago banning any artifical noisemakers. Period. That would take out the whining.

So if it happened to your team when they were at bat and they struggle then you have no problem with it in the least, that's pretty cool.

So if it happened to your team when they were at bat and they struggle then you have no problem with it in the least, that's pretty cool.

If a cowbell gets in their head, probably loud clapping and cheering could bother them, too. I just said the rules are the rules, maybe TN should adopt a ban.

Maybe they were struggling with the pitcher and not the fans, when I hit, I'm so focused that I don't hear a single thing, all I'm worried about is hitting the ball that's coming at me. I play at Cumberland and one of our team guidelines is NO EXCUSES. Quit crying about cow bells and just get the job done. If you can't hit the ball then the pitcher got the better of you, not the fans.