District 5 - AAA

alt1958

District 5 AAA will be held at Bradley Central from Feb 15 through the 21.

Bradley Central gets the bye with a 27-1 12-0 record.

All the game start at 6:30 PM.

On Feb 15, #2 Cleveland (15-7; 9-3) plays #7 Soddy Daisy (11-15); 1-11)

On Feb 16, #3 McMinn Co (10-16; 6-6) plays #6 Rhea Co (11-17; 3-9)

On Feb 17, #4 Ooltewah (12-10; 6-6) plays #5 Walker Valley (9-17; 5-7)

Semis are at 3:00 PM on the 18th with Bradley taking on the winner of Ooltewah and Walker Valley.

At 4:30 the winners of the first two nights play each other.

Finals are on the 20th; Consolation game at 6:00 PM and Championship is 7:30 PM.

Two nights are done, and Cleveland (defeating Soddy Daisy 54-47) and Rhea County (over McMinn County 43-30) advance to the Semi's, where they will be meeting up Saturday in the 4:30 PM game. Fiday's matchup between Walker Valley and Ooltewah will set up the 3:00PM game with Bradley.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two nights are done, and Cleveland (defeating Soddy Daisy 54-47) and Rhea County (over McMinn County 43-30) advance to the Semi's, where they will be meeting up Saturday in the 4:30 PM game. Fiday's matchup between Walker Valley and Ooltewah will set up the 3:00PM game with Bradley.

What a major disappointment McMinn's ladies team has been this season. :cry:

Edited by blitzinbuc

I believe that Bradley has hosted just one girl's sub state game in recent memory that being last year against Blackmon. In its bid for region/state, Bradley will be hurt from the lack of competition in its district that has allowed them to grow complacient and not expose weaknesses that quality opponents will surely do. Although Cleveland is much improved and not ready to conceed anything. This may be Bradleys best chance at State for a while.

Walker Valley wins (50-46), gets a birth in the regional and gets a rematch with the Bearettes tomorrow at 3:00 PM. :popcorneater:

Well Walker Valley got the rematch, tried the slowdown game and got the same result Bradley Bearettes winning 59-31. Too much size and quickness for the Walker Valley girls.

Cleveland breaks open a close game at halftime to walk away with a 49 - 23 win over Rhea County.

Consolation game is Walker Valley vs Rhea County.

Championship Game has Cleveland vs Bradley.

Well Walker Valley got the rematch, tried the slowdown game and got the same result Bradley Bearettes winning 59-31. Too much size and quickness for the Walker Valley girls.

Cleveland breaks open a close game at halftime to walk away with a 49 - 23 win over Rhea County.

Consolation game is Walker Valley vs Rhea County.

Championship Game has Cleveland vs Bradley.

I like Cleveland's chances in the championship game. Walker valley had the lead for awhile in that game against Bradley playing 9th and 10th graders,BCHS had only scored 6 or 8 points the whole first quarter. They did not look like a championship caliber team to me. CHS will match up experience wise and size wise allot better. If they use the same strategy they might pull off an upset. Even if that dont happen, I cant see BC beating a 1 or 2 seed outta the boro. I will pull for BC being a SE TN team though.

All the games have been very exciting.Cheap entertainment except for the drive down.

I like Cleveland's chances in the championship game. Walker valley had the lead for awhile in that game against Bradley playing 9th and 10th graders,BCHS had only scored 6 or 8 points the whole first quarter. They did not look like a championship caliber team to me. CHS will match up experience wise and size wise allot better. If they use the same strategy they might pull off an upset. Even if that dont happen, I cant see BC beating a 1 or 2 seed outta the boro. I will pull for BC being a SE TN team though.

All the games have been very exciting.Cheap entertainment except for the drive down.

Walker Valley tried something a little different and caught the Bradley a bit rusty from a two week layoff. Made it close for a quarter yes, but the end result was what was expected. Only thing Walker Valley did was keep it from being another Mercy Rule game.

Cleveland has experiance, true, but size and depth is not near what the Bearettes can throw at them. And Bradley has scorers, and Cleveland is not likely to win a shoot out. Low scoring game is Cleveland's only real chance and no one has held Bradley to that low of a score, in our district.

But, I will agree with you. Getting to the State Tourny is a good size hill they gotta still climb. And I am not sure they will make it, either. Middle Tennessee teams are still tough.