Tri-County Seven

coachh17

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Elizabethon ever lost a game because the other team was just better? I read so many excuses, I was just wondering.

I think if you look at my posts you will find that I'm fair and pretty realistic in my views. I stated already that I didn't see the EHS-MW game last night. It's not an excuse but a fact that the team was led by a young bench coach that has only been with the team for maybe two weeks. I'm sure he did a good job, but it's doubtful the game played out like it would have if Coach Wilson (or Dugger for that matter) had been there. MW always has a quality team and they have an excellent coach. I haven't seen them play this year, but I don't think they are quite as strong as they have been in recent years (maybe coachh can comment since he saw the game). Regardless, congrats to MW for winning the game. I'm not sure where you're getting the "so many excuses" comment.

I believe it was the 2000-2001 season, but it might have been 1999-2000. They went 0-27 one of those years and not much better the other.

I don't know the year, but I believe it was when Coach Wilson just took over. The girls' program was certainly at the bottom then, but most would have to agree that it's been one of the best around since.

Grainger County may have something to say about this. They made it to Regional semis last year with 0 seniors.

Congrats to the Grainger Lady Grizzlies for winning the tournament. I didn't go to any of the games, but they obviously have a quality team to beat MW who took down both the Lady Landers and Cyclones. It will be interesting to see how both the TRC and BRAC play out. My hope is that every player for all teams remains healthy and injury-free. Good luck to everyone (unless you're playing the Lady Clones) the remainder of the year.