4:30 ALCOA VS TRICITIES CHRISTIAN

6:00 JOHN BATTLE VS ELIZABETHTON

7:30 HAMPTON VS SULLIVAN CENTRAL

HAPPY VALLEY / CHEROKEE WINNER VS ALCOA / TRICITIES WINNER 12-22 AT 6:00

HAPPY VALLEY / CHEROKEE LOSER VS ALCOA / TRICITIES LOSER 12-22 AT 3:00

JOHN BATTLE / ELIZABETHTON WINNER VS HAMPTON / CENTRAL WINNER 12-22 AT 7:30

JOHN BATTLE/ ELIZABETHTON LOSER VS HAMPTON / CENTRAL LOSER 12-22 AT 4:30

I WILL UPDATE SCORES AND GAME TIMES.

I watched all four games yesterday. Cherokee, minus three starters due to injury, beat Happy Valley by about 30. Hodge was missing for Happy Valley and I do not know why. Alcoa beat Tri-Cities Christian by about 30. Hard to tell how good Alcoa really is, but they are deep, quick, and have some shooters. They are also pretty small. Elizabethton beat John Battle by 40+ and Hampton picked up a solid win over Sullivan Central. Today's semi-finals should be closer and present two interesting match-ups. I look for Alcoa's quickness and trapping defense to create lots of turnovers and prevent Cherokee from pounding it inside where they have a big advantage. I will predict Alcoa wins.....61-49. Elizabethton beat Hampton at Hampton by 12 earlier in the season. I look for Betsy to win this one 66-50.

Both semi-finals were good games. Hats off to Cherokee. They are missing three key players due to injury, but still beat Alcoa 52-47. I thought Alcoa's press and athleticism would hurt the Chiefs, but they handled it well. Point guard Price is very steady and leads Cherokee. Alcoa is athletic, but they could not throw it in the ocean tonight. Cherokee sat in a 2-3 zone all night and Alcoa threw up enough bricks to build the Great Wall of China. Elizabethton beat Hampton 60-48 in the second game. Reazyn DeMoss came out smoking for Betsy and they were on the verge of blowing Hampton out early. I believe Betsy built about a 17 point lead in the first half, but Coach Tolley called a timeout and made some adjustments. The Lady Dogs cut the lead down to 8 a time or two, but it stayed about a 12 point game the whole second half. Should be a good game between Cherokee and Elizabethton for the championship tomorrow. I will take Elizabethton to win...63-49.

HAPPY VALLEY OVER TRI CITIES CHRISTIAN

CHEROKEE OVER ALCOA

SULLIVAN CENTRAL OVER JOHN BATTLE

ELIZABETHTON OVER HAMPTON

FRIDAY SCHEDULE

3:00 JOHN BATTLE VS TRI CITIES CHRISTIAN

430 HAPPY VALLEY VS SULLIVAN CENTRAL

6:00 HAMPTON VS ALCOA

7:30 ELIZABETHTON VS CHEROKEE