will union city swagg be back next year

BigSwoJr

Union City is returning a big fb in Hyde and speed with Lewis and dont forget the big bruisers in Williams. Gore, Barnes, Shanks, and Taylor. Also has the qb back in Ruttland and the most take aways in west tenn in Murrell. They should be bigger and Better just wanna know if you thank the swags back from the late 90's were the U went from 97-00 with a record of 52-6 in 4 years in 2a and played Alcoa the closes in a title game since before 2000

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been big preseason expectations in Union City for the last two years. Lots of smack talk, two straight AP top-10 rankings, and two straight losing seasons to show for all of the hype. The UC boys should be proud of their quarterfinal run, but we all know that quad 4 was the weakest it has been in years and years because Huntingdon wasn't in it.

I believe that West Carroll is returning a lot of players, Lake County is always decent, and Huntingdon isn't going to drop off the face of the earth. Union City will have some competition in 2012.

I think Union City will be one of the favorites in the West next year, but I'll believe the "swagg" is really back when I see it.....I've been waiting for two years.

Edited by 1RT

People that knew what was going on didn't see the last two years as Top 10 type seasons, especially the year after the title...They lost too many players that year..They had too many defections and they had too many injuries this past year...They were at least two years away from being state-type competitive after winning the state championship...If they can build on what they did during the last part of last season they will be a 7-3/8-2 type team next season...

I totally agree!!

People that knew what was going on didn't see the last two years as Top 10 type seasons, especially the year after the title...They lost too many players that year..They had too many defections and they had too many injuries this past year...They were at least two years away from being state-type competitive after winning the state championship...If they can build on what they did during the last part of last season they will be a 7-3/8-2 type team next season...

• 4 weeks later...