Jackson County football

jacksoncounty

This is my farewell address as Jackson County on coacht.

It comes with sadness for leaving a place, fans, coaches and especially the players that I have come to love and appreciate ove the past several seasons. We had a good ride and I am certain this program can go even further in the coming years. Coach Sean Loftis, and the rest of staff; Brandon 'Bubba' Chaffin, Kevin King, and Bruce Heady are doing a fantastic job as the team reaches new heights. The highlights include back to back playoff appearances, 3 straight post season games and competing in big games.

The culture has changed, the atmosphere at the games has changed, the fan base has increased and changed for the better, and the passion with which the players play is better than ever. I expect this will continue.

This program needs administrative support in the terms of money in order to continue to compete. I know people in the know already realize this and that the economy is hard. But it is a proven fact now that people in Jackson County love their football team. I hope the community realizes what it has and works to keep the forward momentum. The thing is the coaches need to be paid like other coaches in the area. I know the Director of Schools knows this, this statement is more meant for the community and the school board.

I have aways tried to be positive here. It is the way I coach and the way I believe you make inroads in the long run. Everyone has been good to me here and any young coach out there looking for a place to help and get some experience can't go wrong by helping this program move forward. I spent 2006 here and loved it so much I came back in 2008-11. As I said 3 post seasons in a row, and we ended this past season on a five game winning streak (longest since 1981) before losing to the eventual State Champions- FCS.

To the players I hate leaving most because of you. Your effort, your work ethic, your inspired play and your attitude was special to me! I have so much respect for you and I hope we stay in touch forever!

It is bittersweet, as I will be embarking on a new journey by joining my son at White County in 2012. I have always had a dream of rejoining up with him when he got an opportunity to be a head coach. There is never a good time to leave a place you love and people you love, but I am equally excited to see what lies in the future.

So as for this handle on coacht, I will be retiring 'jacksoncounty' as of this message. Love you guys and wish you nothing but the best. Go Blue Devils!

This is my farewell address as Jackson County on coacht.

It comes with sadness for leaving a place, fans, coaches and especially the players that I have come to love and appreciate ove the past several seasons. We had a good ride and I am certain this program can go even further in the coming years. Coach Sean Loftis, and the rest of staff; Brandon 'Bubba' Chaffin, Kevin King, and Bruce Heady are doing a fantastic job as the team reaches new heights. The highlights include back to back playoff appearances, 3 straight post season games and competing in big games.

The culture has changed, the atmosphere at the games has changed, the fan base has increased and changed for the better, and the passion with which the players play is better than ever. I expect this will continue.

This program needs administrative support in the terms of money in order to continue to compete. I know people in the know already realize this and that the economy is hard. But it is a proven fact now that people in Jackson County love their football team. I hope the community realizes what it has and works to keep the forward momentum. The thing is the coaches need to be paid like other coaches in the area. I know the Director of Schools knows this, this statement is more meant for the community and the school board.

I have aways tried to be positive here. It is the way I coach and the way I believe you make inroads in the long run. Everyone has been good to me here and any young coach out there looking for a place to help and get some experience can't go wrong by helping this program move forward. I spent 2006 here and loved it so much I came back in 2008-11. As I said 3 post seasons in a row, and we ended this past season on a five game winning streak (longest since 1981) before losing to the eventual State Champions- FCS.

To the players I hate leaving most because of you. Your effort, your work ethic, your inspired play and your attitude was special to me! I have so much respect for you and I hope we stay in touch forever!

It is bittersweet, as I will be embarking on a new journey by joining my son at White County in 2012. I have always had a dream of rejoining up with him when he got an opportunity to be a head coach. There is never a good time to leave a place you love and people you love, but I am equally excited to see what lies in the future.

So as for this handle on coacht, I will be retiring 'jacksoncounty' as of this message. Love you guys and wish you nothing but the best. Go Blue Devils!

Nice post and a classic. Hope the best for you and your son in Sparta. It is clear that you have helped so many young men.

Edited by wingman10