Tri-County Seven

coachh17

Running late this week. Here are the rankings:

1. Cloudland A (15-3)- Beat North Greene soundly. Should handle Unaka Tuesday on the creek. Hampton and Unicoi County may be only challenges left on the schedule.

2. Elizabethton AA (11-7)- East is not in our poll. I will leave the Lady Cyclones here because they have beaten Hampton twice and Unicoi County in the most recent game. Loss of Bowers and season turmoil came to a head at East. That is the most disappointing regular season loss I can remember. Lady Cyclones will have to work hard to hold this spot. Win over Daniel Boone in Honda Classic is not posted on the schedule. Host South Greene Monday and Happy Valley Friday.

3. Hampton A (11-5)- Two tough ones this week. Lady Dogs travel to Unicoi County Tuesday and host North Greene Friday. It will be interesting to see how they get Bowers worked in.

4. Unicoi County AA (14-5)- Got happy with wins over Unaka and Happy Valley. Can move up with a win on Tuesday over Hampton.

5. Unaka A (10-10)- Win in Honda Classic is not on their schedule. I think it was over Gate City. Have lost three straight and host Cloudland on Tuesday. Can they keep it close?

6. Happy Valley AA (7-9)- Have lost three in a row. They are hosting Boone on Monday and are at Elizabethton on Friday. Those will be tough games.

7. Johnson County AA (4-11)- Not sure their schedule is accurate, but they did beat North and have 4 wins! They are getting noticeably better and tougher, which is a credit to the coaching staff and the players.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are not the same team, but they are Cyclones and you still have to beat them if you want the spot. Unicoi County will have their chance to climb all the way to the top by beating the three teams ahead of them and they have a pretty good chance to do it.

Unicoi lost fairly handliy to Cloudland twice. They would have to collapse before I'd drop them. They should stay no. 1 the rest of the season.

So the Tri County seven is so bad this year that the number two team can lose to Sullivan East and not drop in the rankings, oh wait, its those orange colored glasses again

Like it or not coachh, your team is not the same team this week that they were last week and it showed friday night.

Limestone, you must never read the commentary before rushing to judgement. Coachh provided his rationale for this weeks poll. His rankings are based on the most recent head-to-head results. The Lady Clones could drop a couple of spots and conversely Hampton and/or Unicoi could move up once their upcoming head-to-head contests are played. How would you rank the teams differently today?

Sorry Coachh but the Lady Cyclones lost again tonight, this time to South Greene. They definitely arent the same team now that they were during Christmas. The loss to East was bad because Unicoi, Hampton, Cloudland and Unaka ALL have already beaten them. I am curious to see what direction the program goes in now and what decisions are made.

Guess losing Bowers was HUGE the defensive intensity ball handling and minutes she got were valuable and justified looks like. Happy Valley next for the lady 'clones may not b an ez one now. What do you think coachh?

Guess losing Bowers was HUGE the defensive intensity ball handling and minutes she got were valuable and justified looks like. Happy Valley next for the lady 'clones may not b an ez one now. What do you think coachh?

Losing Bowers was a big blow. Anyone that knows basketball realizes there's no doubt the minutes she got were deserved and valuable. I believe the Lady Clones issues are as much psychological as physical right now. In addition to losing Bowers, I believe the girls' confidence is really shaken. They are likely feeling jilted by the way the administration hijacked their coaches. They were trying to adjust to a different coaching staff and that was disrupted. Now the current staff consists of 1 coach with any appreciable experience, a college student and two administrators that neither have any relevant experience to my knowledge. Filling the bench with bodies does not constitute a coaching staff! There's little doubt the program is in disarray now. I wonder if the adminstration really feels it was worth sacrificing a quality girls' program in order to possibly gain some stability in the boys' program.

Edited by etownsparky

All bets are off until this team stabilizes. I have not seen anything like this uncertainty in the program in 10 years. They need a vacation, but unfortunately, you don't get to take one in season. They will have to pull it together on the fly. I still believe that Coach Wilson and Coach Nave can right the ship, but it may take more time. They should beat Happy Valley at home, but I do not know what they will do. I have to be in Nashville and will miss the game.

This is really hard for coachh since he coached with Wilson. Im going to lay off him.

Cyclones are reeling now. Usually a loss to South Greene isnt so bad but this year they

have a losing record and are just not very good. Eliz is struggling and its no wonder given

what they have gone through the last month.

Thanks limestone. I do like Coach Wilson and want to see him succeed. I also am a huge fan of the Lady Cyclone program and it is hard watching this team struggle. Alas, it is the nature of life. Nothing is ever easy and no one gives you anything in basketball. You have to earn in on the court. This will test the leadership, desire, and pride of this team. I hope they get up swinging and give it all they have. Win or lose, that is all we can really ask of them and I think they will do it. Go Cyclones!!!!!!