Riverdale at LaVergne

swanson71

I agree that you cant tell your bench not to score when they finally get in a game. However, looking at the box score, Riverdale's starters scored at least 75% of the points. So those bench players didn't do all the damage or even very much of it. I doubt many people that saw the score were surprised, its just typical Riverdale. Sportsmanship isn't a high priority.

The morning show on the sportsanimal this morning Knoxville talked about this this morning and all 3 people on the show rip the Riverdale coach for running the score up. Was it really worth it now Riverdale has a black eye in East Tennessee

I love how people comment on something they wasnt there for...the bad part is if we wanted to run up the score we could have put 150 on them...we are a VERY GOOD team and Lavegne has a long way to go to get back to being competitve like they were 2 years ago...I also believe that blackman beat them 80 something to 6 or 8 they scored 2 points in the first half and those were free throws.

I love how people comment on something they wasnt there for...the bad part is if we wanted to run up the score we could have put 150 on them...we are a VERY GOOD team and Lavegne has a long way to go to get back to being competitve like they were 2 years ago...I also believe that blackman beat them 80 something to 6 or 8 they scored 2 points in the first half and those were free throws.

Blackman beat them 55-7 according to the coacht schedules...

riverdaleman, some folks would condenm us if we had put a cheerleader and a couple members of the band in.

You train your TEAM to be agressive and play hard and to score, and when they do folks gripe. The only way that game would have been close is if we only started and played three girls from the third string from the start!

As to what Knoxville thinks......well just come on off your hill and lets PLAY!

riverdaleman, some folks would condenm us if we had put a cheerleader and a couple members of the band in.

You train your TEAM to be agressive and play hard and to score, and when they do folks gripe. The only way that game would have been close is if we only started and played three girls from the third string from the start!

As to what Knoxville thinks......well just come on off your hill and lets PLAY!

Like I said, typical Riverdale. That IS how they train their teams, no sportsmanship. A good high school coach will train his team to be good winners and to respect all opponents. Its not that difficult, play your bench and don't risk a starter getting hurt against a team that is absolutely no threat. I'm sure there are upperclassmen on Riverdale's bench that put in a lot of practice time and never see any significant time in a game. A performance like this makes it really hard for people to respect your program, no matter how far you get.

Maybe some of my postings had really nothing to do with Riverdale and they don't. RD is playing by the rules and really no one can say they aren't. That is really not the issue. The issue is transfer rules are so far out of whack that it is very easy to load up a school with the best in the county, it will tear up most any District in the State. That is the only issue. There are no illegalities or anything else. Send many of the Lavergne players to other Schools. Have Special programs at schools for easily transfer. After a couple of years, why has the District gotten so top heavy. So this has nothing to do with recruiting, etc. that I know of. it does have something to do with coaches not being able to keep players at their schools without it not being so easy to transfer. Likely some of the current coaches don't know how to keep their players. Likely some principals have a problem in finding coaches. Really nothing has changed in the past two/three years. 95/8, 55/6.

Maybe some of my postings had really nothing to do with Riverdale and they don't. RD is playing by the rules and really no one can say they aren't. That is really not the issue. The issue is transfer rules are so far out of whack that it is very easy to load up a school with the best in the county, it will tear up most any District in the State. That is the only issue. There are no illegalities or anything else. Send many of the Lavergne players to other Schools. Have Special programs at schools for easily transfer. After a couple of years, why has the District gotten so top heavy. So this has nothing to do with recruiting, etc. that I know of. it does have something to do with coaches not being able to keep players at their schools without it not being so easy to transfer. Likely some of the current coaches don't know how to keep their players. Likely some principals have a problem in finding coaches. Really nothing has changed in the past two/three years. 95/8, 55/6.

Being a huge sports fan I have watched the boards on Coach T for a long time as I have watched all sports in Rutherford County. I chose to stay on the sidelines but feel it is time to jump in the game and get involved in the discussions because this is a huge issue. This is not a basketball problem only and in fact basketball is effected less than other sports. There are 3 pitchers that LIVE in the Blackman zone but go to other schools on waiver. One is a sophomore at oakland and 2 are at Riverdale, one sophomore and one junior. There is a player that should be at Lavergne but is at Oakland. There is another player that should be at Siegel but again is at Oakland. At least one football player that I am aware of, and I am sure there are many more, is at Oakland and should be at Riverdale. These are just to name a few. There are more I know of and probaly twice as many that I don't but you get the point. Are these all legal, I have to assume they are or they would not be playing. Don't you think the schools and coaches would love to have the kids that are suppose to be on thier team? How much better would their team be? Example, Blackman would really like to have the big junior at Riverdale pitching for them. Siegel would like to have the middle infielder at Oakland. I hear those coaches don't really appreciate them being there anyway so why are they there when they could really help thier ZONED school and be appreciated??? The answer to that question might start the road to correcting this problem. I have seen Riverdale Girls play. Regardless of how they all got there they are the most talented high school team I have seen. Say what you want but this score is the example of a much bigger problem with athletics in Rutherford County and not weather 16 year olds scored a bunch of points or not. This has to be fixed at the administration level or it will be a topic on coach t forever.

• Upvote 1