McMinn Central football

logcabinman

How many sophmores played in JV when you played McMinn Central. Central did not play their starting sophmore backs or starters in that JV game. Not that it tells all, but it does tell something. Central ran basic offense and seem to have controlled the jv game. Central returns their whole backfeild and most of their line adding some new kids that did not play last year. Would love to hear some thoughts on who returns for all district teams.

I really don't know, from what i have heard they played alot of freshmen in the JV games, Sequoyah's oline was very young last year, i don't think those guys played in the jv games only varsity. Chiefs return alot on both sides of the ball, offense - see my other post ^^, Defense should also be much improved, they did lose two seniors off the defensive line that will be tough to replace, I really think that the linebackers as a group, will be the best that Sequoyah has ever had, they will be the strenth of the defense, they have four very good linebackers, their middle linebacker last year was just a freshman, this kid is gonna be really, really good he is a bull, their defensive backs were really young last year also, they have good speed and should be much improved, as they need too, they really struggled at times in this area last year. I am not one to just blow smoke, but i do believe that the Chiefs have the talent to win the district next year, alot will depend on the coaching staff, who they bring in and who is coaching where, Polk is the team to beat in this district and that is because of their coaching, or coaches will have to match them, to beat them.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know, from what i have heard they played alot of freshmen in the JV games, Sequoyah's oline was very young last year, i don't think those guys played in the jv games only varsity. Chiefs return alot on both sides of the ball, offense - see my other post ^^, Defense should also be much improved, they did lose two seniors off the defensive line that will be tough to replace, I really think that the linebackers as a group, will be the best that Sequoyah has ever had, they will be the strenth of the defense, they have four very good linebackers, their middle linebacker last year was just a freshman, this kid is gonna be really, really good he is a bull, their defensive backs were really young last year also, they have good speed and should be much improved, as they need too, they really struggled at times in this area last year. I am not one to just blow smoke, but i do believe that the Chiefs have the talent to win the district next year, alot will depend on the coaching staff, who they bring in and who is coaching where, Polk is the team to beat in this district and that is because of their coaching, or coaches will have to match them, to beat them.

Fair enough. It looks like our district is going to be alot stronger this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How has the offseason gone?

Kids are working hard. Some interesting new editions. The line will be bigger than I have remembered in a while. I am interested to see how they do when they pad up for spring practice. As of right now there are editions that will improve the DB's. I am reall interested to see how this holds up. Remember there is absolutely the same backfield as last year with a load up front. We will soon see. A lot of youth are grown up now. Also, we were in most of the games last year up until the end with a few exceptions. The teams that we faced last year seem to be in rebuilding mode and the schedule remains the same. I hate that we open with McMinn cause what I understand they will be a good squad next year. They have added "The highlight" Kevin Wells Jr. Great kid and transfer from Walker Valley. Wish he was going to wearing the blue. He played his youth ball as a Central Knight.

Edited by logcabinman

Kids are working hard. Some interesting new editions. The line will be bigger than I have remembered in a while. I am interested to see how they do when they pad up for spring practice. As of right now there are editions that will improve the DB's. I am reall interested to see how this holds up. Remember there is absolutely the same backfield as last year with a load up front. We will soon see. A lot of youth are grown up now. Also, we were in most of the games last year up until the end with a few exceptions. The teams that we faced last year seem to be in rebuilding mode and the schedule remains the same. I hate that we open with McMinn cause what I understand they will be a good squad next year. They have added "The highlight" Kevin Wells Jr. Great kid and transfer from Walker Valley. Wish he was going to wearing the blue. He played his youth ball as a Central Knight.

Pads go on today.

????????????????

Jamal-Senior

Tony-Senior

Swilley-Senior

Adams-Senior

Ben J-Senior

Partain-Senior

Probable starters.

Who's Tony? Anyway,That does not mean much IF these guys are all seniors,Becuase some of them ain't that good or they would have started last year.Instead Goodin had to put guys like Tony Preskit and Dylan Lawson up front just to get some blocking.Not to metion that we won't have Chase Melton this year.Two of the biggest linemen that was on the team two years ago did not even play last year.maybe young guys have gotton a whole lot better from last year,but they will have to prove it,and prove me wrong.