Bragg Resigns at Central. Who's is next?

Iceman76

The top 2 candidates are Tomlinson from Creek Wood and Lepkowski who was on the staff (as DC most recently) over the last 13 years. Tomlinson was at Clarksville prior to joining the Creek Wood staff and would bring a "triple option" offensive attack to Montgomery Central if he were hired. I'm sure Lepkowski would stay on staff as Tomlinson's defensive coordinator which in my opinion would give Central the best of both worlds because they'd have an offensive coach and a defensive coach who both do great jobs and both are very familiar with the teams in the district.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The top 2 candidates are Tomlinson from Creek Wood and Lepkowski who was on the staff (as DC most recently) over the last 13 years. Tomlinson was at Clarksville prior to joining the Creek Wood staff and would bring a "triple option" offensive attack to Montgomery Central if he were hired. I'm sure Lepkowski would stay on staff as Tomlinson's defensive coordinator which in my opinion would give Central the best of both worlds because they'd have an offensive coach and a defensive coach who both do great jobs and both are very familiar with the teams in the district.

What happened to Sutherland? I thought he as getting a look out there. Good luck to him he needs his time to shine and show what he can do. Maybe West Creek will do that.

Tomlinson will do a great gob if he gets it. Plus he will have great coaches out there if they stay. Coach L, Coach Dawson, Coach Hey, Coach Thompson, and Coach Walker. All great guys to coach with and the kids will play hard for them.

What happened to Sutherland? I thought he as getting a look out there. Good luck to him he needs his time to shine and show what he can do. Maybe West Creek will do that.

Tomlinson will do a great gob if he gets it. Plus he will have great coaches out there if they stay. Coach L, Coach Dawson, Coach Hey, Coach Thompson, and Coach Walker. All great guys to coach with and the kids will play hard for them.

From talking to him today he is still coaching here in Springfield, and has yet to receive a call from the Clarksville schools. Their loss and our gain! Springfield is very excited that Montgomery County has no interest in our Coach, and we hope this will continue for years to come.

What is happening in C'ville? Isn't this the 3 or 4 coach to quit down there? They must be having some serious problems with cutbacks or something.

Cutbacks or "serious problems" have nothing to do with it...It is all about timing and administrative decisions. Unfortunately, things happen in athletic programs, i.e., coaches get hired/fired/let go, etc. Other coaches are hired/fired/let go for other reasons. In any athletic program timing is everything. Sometimes it just has to be the right time, for the right coach. We shall see, but I am sure the right man for the job will come along at just the right time, as it always does. Go Indians!

Cutbacks or "serious problems" have nothing to do with it...It is all about timing and administrative decisions. Unfortunately, things happen in athletic programs, i.e., coaches get hired/fired/let go, etc. Other coaches are hired/fired/let go for other reasons. In any athletic program timing is everything. Sometimes it just has to be the right time, for the right coach. We shall see, but I am sure the right man for the job will come along at just the right time, as it always does. Go Indians!

You are correct Iceman. A lot of the time it depends on the teaching slot available. As most coaches have either a PE or History job that are slated with. Well what happens if all of your PE spots are filled and the same with the History spots. Some coaches my resign from coaching and not go anywhere else to coach but they will still end up teaching at the same school. Some coaches may get let go and then they may go coach somewhere else but still stay at the same high school and teach. This causes a lot of problems when trying to hire a new coach. Also causes problems when trying to hire asst. coaches.

Iceman keep the tribe up and going. Hope a decision is made soon. Whether it is Coach L from out there already on staff who will do a great job, or Coach Tomlinson who could come in and do a great job. As these seem to be the 2 frontrunners. There are some good people out at Central who will work very hard for the program to continue to improve on what Coach Bragg has done while he has been out there.

Good Luck to all USL members out there. Watch your snacks as you never know who may be coming after your food.

:thumb:

You are correct Iceman. A lot of the time it depends on the teaching slot available. As most coaches have either a PE or History job that are slated with. Well what happens if all of your PE spots are filled and the same with the History spots. Some coaches my resign from coaching and not go anywhere else to coach but they will still end up teaching at the same school. Some coaches may get let go and then they may go coach somewhere else but still stay at the same high school and teach. This causes a lot of problems when trying to hire a new coach. Also causes problems when trying to hire asst. coaches.

Iceman keep the tribe up and going. Hope a decision is made soon. Whether it is Coach L from out there already on staff who will do a great job, or Coach Tomlinson who could come in and do a great job. As these seem to be the 2 frontrunners. There are some good people out at Central who will work very hard for the program to continue to improve on what Coach Bragg has done while he has been out there.

Good Luck to all USL members out there. Watch your snacks as you never know who may be coming after your food.

Who is this Tomlinson guy you speak of? Where is he now? What would he bring to the table for the Indians? Good luck in your search.

• 4 weeks later...