Bragg Resigns at Central. Who's is next?

Iceman76

It's official. Tomlinson is the guy at Central. Will he continue to run the midline option like he did at CHS or run wing-t like he did at Creekwood?? I assume wing-t since Central ran it under Bragg. Good luck to the guys on the Hill

I am sure that is what he will run. He will run buck sweep, Jet Sweep, FB trap and all other wing-T plays because he is a big Wing-T guy. The option was just something he tried but he is a WIng-T man through and through. Good luck stopping it with him calling the plays in it. He knows it inside and out.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that is what he will run. He will run buck sweep, Jet Sweep, FB trap and all other wing-T plays because he is a big Wing-T guy. The option was just something he tried but he is a WIng-T man through and through. Good luck stopping it with him calling the plays in it. He knows it inside and out.

Having watched Creekwood over the years playing us, it seemed to me that Creekwood ran double slot option. I don't ever recall them running wing-T. As a matter of fact, I recall a lot of conversations with other coaches talking about how well Creekwood ran the option.

Creek Wood ran the "double slot triple option" attack and I fully would expect Montgomery Central to do the same thing. Creek Wood has had an impressive run of 3 good quarterbacks since they switched to the option in 2007 (I think?????). First it was Dollard, then came Hooper, and most recently it was Lee. All of those guys were great runners and read it well.

Montgomery Central just graduated their 3 year starting quarterback in Sam Hudson. Derek Posey was the backup under Bragg last year but I would not at all be shocked to see an athlete making the move to the QB position in the spring time.

Creek Wood ran the "double slot triple option" attack and I fully would expect Montgomery Central to do the same thing. Creek Wood has had an impressive run of 3 good quarterbacks since they switched to the option in 2007 (I think?????). First it was Dollard, then came Hooper, and most recently it was Lee. All of those guys were great runners and read it well.

Montgomery Central just graduated their 3 year starting quarterback in Sam Hudson. Derek Posey was the backup under Bragg last year but I would not at all be shocked to see an athlete making the move to the QB position in the spring time.

You all don't know what you are talking about. He runs the wing-T out of Double slot. a little option mixed in but you better be ready for Buck sweep, Trap, Jet. He will do a great job out there running what he thinks will best suit the players he has out there. A great young coach who will work hard for the young men out there and the program will continue to get better.

Coach Tomlinson if you happen to read this or someone does that knows him please let him know I am wishing him the best.

You all don't know what you are talking about. He runs the wing-T out of Double slot. a little option mixed in but you better be ready for Buck sweep, Trap, Jet. He will do a great job out there running what he thinks will best suit the players he has out there. A great young coach who will work hard for the young men out there and the program will continue to get better.

Coach Tomlinson if you happen to read this or someone does that knows him please let him know I am wishing him the best.