7AAA BASEBALL 2012

baseball2468

I agree eagleville has a lot of talent as a handful of those boys played at RIVERDALE and could have been contributors and Smith decided to go to eagleville after having a good summer with us prior to his freshman year so I know they are talented and good luck to them on the season.

as far as district 7AAA...to be honest i am not in on all of the teams in the district like i used to be it is amazing with my son graduating just 2 years ago how much changes...

the 3 game series is TOUGH!!! you really have to be mentally strong to win 2 out of 3 and you have to be really better than the other team to sweep.

good luck and I hope the district has a GREAT season

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagleville's number 2 will either be McDougal who is being scouted by Columbia State and a couple other colleges or Hammonds who I believe tied a State tournament record as a sophomore with 17 strikeouts in one game in 2010. I was also at a couple of tournament games this past summer and one of their boys that would be number 4 or 5 on the depth chart held the 19 year old Diamondbacks which are heavy with college signees to 1 hit over 3 innings after coming in the second half of the game and then saw him again go 6 innings against the 18 year old Diamondbacks and he gave up 1 run in that one. Both those teams are usually heavy with boys from Riverdale, Blackman, Oakland and siegel. Year in and year out I would agree that they might not be competitive but this year's team from my understanding is loaded with 12 seniors and a handful of juniors, again this is per a parent friend I have there. Like you were saying though, its not really a big deal but I think it would be interesting to see how they'd matchup a couple of games varsity wise.

On the Oakland issue, I think all schools no matter what level have some drama here and there, to what level not sure, I do know about the young man that went from Blackman to Smyrna over a pretty serious issue. I think a lot of it does stem from what parents/fans you talk to and I always take those things with a grain of salt.

Agree on all counts.

I'll have to keep an eye on this team and these pitchers from Eagleville. It sounds like they may be primed for another deep run in Spring Fling. I hope the best for them as a team and as individuals...always pull for Rutherford County teams to show up and do well in Spring Fling.

• 1 month later...

District starts this week. After watching all the teams in the district play and multiple games for most here is my prediction and reasons.

1) Blackman

2) Smyrna

3) Riverdale

4) Siegel

5) Oakland

6) Lavergne

Blackman is short a pitcher or two in the bullpen but they are playing good baseball going into district play. Not as much depth but the coach is getting a lot out of his players. Streaky hitting team and that could hurt them if they don’t get some consistency throughout the lineup.

Smyrna has more talent than they have had since joining the district. They are a streaky team and have had some big wins lately that will give them confidence.

Riverdale has a monster lineup. May be the best overall hitting team I have ever seen in the district. Past their number 1 they throw batting practice and are below average on defense. They lost their second best pitcher which will hurt them a lot. I got ripped on here for saying this before the season started but based on some of their recent losses pitching and defense just might be important after all.

Siegel just might compete for third. They are pitching well after losing everyone and have had a couple of pitchers step up. Playing good defense as expected. What will hold them back this year is hitting and bullpen. Good starting pitching but not great bullpen. I think they are really one year away from being at the top.

Oakland is just way too young. They have some talent but need time to develop it. Really not much else to say about this team other than it just needs innings and time.

Lavergne is a surprise. They are playing good baseball going into district. I just don’t think they have the depth to compete down the stretch but they are going to win games. Don’t count on a sweep when you play them like years past. They are pitching well. I saw one of the Mitchell brothers is working with them so that explains why you see such an improvement on the mound.

So there it is. Let’s play ball and get a Rutherford county team to state this year.

All-Star break is over - now time for district play.

You can follow Riverdale's scores via twitter at Riverdale_sports

If you twitter during your team's games please let me know.

Standings to date: http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball//standings.pdf

Tuesday, April 3

Siegel at Blackman

Oakland at Lavergne

Smyrna at Riverdale

Wednesday, April 4

Blackman at Siegel

Lavergne at Oakland

Riverdale at Smyrna

Thursday, April 5

Siegel at Blackman

Oakland at Lavergne

Smyrna at Riverdale

3-game series are always fun!

The thread you're responding to is how will 7AAA play out THIS year. So you responded and ranked Oakland 6th in the district because...

1. the parents are bickering

2. the coaches play favorites

3. more players have quit the team than all the other teams combined.

THIS year. Really?

Your post came off as if you knew what you were talking about. In reading your other postings regarding 9A baseball, stating that Eagleville could beat "90% of AAA" teams and that Eagleville would "finish 2nd" in 7AAA this year, I simply pass you off as delusional and you have absolutely no credibility in judging baseball programs.

As one who ABSOLUTELY knows what's going on the Oakland program, I can tell you that parents are not bickering, the coaches are making the best decisions they can regarding young talent, and players are not quitting the team.

You could take any team in 7AAA, isolate any problem, and magnify it WAY out of proportion as you have done. I know parents from every team (except Lavergne), and I know several of the coaches. While everyone has problems, your caricature of Oakland is overblown and out of line.

To quote you, I'd say your ability to judge baseball programs is a "bad situation, period." Unless you have anything valuable to add to a conversation regarding 7AAA baseball, I'd say you need to stay on the thread regarding Eagleville baseball.

Eagleville is a really good team this year. They have 2 quality pitchers, with Ryan Hammonds and Austin Wilson coming to to finish! Austin W has been really good from the mound. In the Chattanooga tournament they went to Austin Wilson went 5 innings and had 10 K's and 1 hit given up. They are playing in the Blackman tournament this weekend so it will give them a good look to see where there at. Them later on in the season they play Blackman In a game. They have amazing talent.! They have 2 Trevacca signees, 1

Cumberland signee and 1 Columbia state signee. So they will have a chance, they have Bryan and Jake as there starters and they are throwing mid to upper 80's.

April 4 scores

Oakland 5 Lavergne 2

Siegel 4 Blackman 3 (11 innings) - barely finished before the rain came down hard.

Riverdale and Smyrna tied at 4 in the 11th, rain delay @ 2100 hrs

After 1:05 lightening delay, with two outs and no one Riverdale rallied for 4 in top of the tenth and held on as Smyrna had 2 on and 2 out in bottom of tenth. Game ended with an FF3 and a Riverdale 8, Smyrna 4 in 10 final.

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball//standings.pdf