2012 DII A Mr. Basketball Ballot

CoachT

My votes for Division II-A Mr. Basketball are :

1.) Glover -USJ (Winner)

2.) Bran - St. Georges

3.) Marberry - FRA

JMO, but the best individual players may well reside in Memphis/West Tennessee this year. Being a midstate guy, I have scene several of the players mentioned. I do think that the kids from midstate are underrated based on PPG alone as a criteria.......but a couple of years ago Meiko Lyles averaged around 28 ppg, carried USN to the finals, and Tarwater walked away with the award. Last season, Kasper was unbelievable in the tournament............

Any of the FRA big 3 are deserving. They are leading the region, but probably don't have a single player averaging over 15 ppg. USN has played over 1/2 their season without their leading scorer and Mr. Basketball finalist last season and while agreeing with BigEns is not popular, both Welch and Nash have played well in his absence, beating Ezell and their big 3 in a head to head matchup. Those 2 might be the most underrated of the entire season if you look at the totality of their season. Not to leave out Ezell's big 3 as Teague, Jenkins, and Gee are also a team with experience come tournament time, and one of them could get consideration.

Who cares about Mr. Basketball...while it's a great accomplishment, it's obviously a media driven award by a media that could not care less about Division II...........it's all about the ring!

Edited by SmokeStackI

I must agree with Asitis, Alex Bran gets no support on here and the kid doesn't miss. Also, it is the right of Asitis to express his opinion whatever it may be. However, it is not acceptable to call out and insult high school kids to make yourself look better. I won't mention any names but I'm sure you know who you are.

If I was going to push a St. George guard for this award it wouldn't be Alex Bran, but rather Alec Mulvihill. Mulvihill was a key contributor two years ago on the state championship team. He is much more consistent than Bran; just doesn't make the jaw-dropping, athletic plays. He actually leads the team in scoring this year at about 19 PPG.

If I was going to push a St. George guard for this award it wouldn't be Alex Bran, but rather Alec Mulvihill. Mulvihill was a key contributor two years ago on the state championship team. He is much more consistent than Bran; just doesn't make the jaw-dropping, athletic plays. He actually leads the team in scoring this year at about 19 PPG.

You are probably right. Those two compliment each other very well. I think most opposing defenses target Bran first then wake up the next morning to see the box score and how the other kid wore 'em out. I know it happened to us twice!

Both great players and Mulvihill is the better scorer like you said. I just think that maybe Bran is the better all around. Like I said, BOTH are really good and basically overlooked which makes em even more dangerous. I'd like to have em both! Running both those two off of screens from Hill (this is a very big screen) in the middle is really effective. Stop that and they both can pull up from just about anywhere.