Predictions for 11AA

coachcutt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why will the PROGRAM suffer in the end ??? why is that ... they are losing the top two pitchers and key position players ...Yes i think Harpeth could be a successful BUT i believe the parents can make the program suffer not so much the coach at times . its known at Harpeth , if you dont play lil bubba or lil Sally you better explain yourself MR.... i would love to see a coach last longer than a year.... and thats a great quote that your son says Some have it , Others don't

Bragging about winning a 36-0 game in 4 innings just makes one look like a huge one! Scoring 13 runs in the first inning and keeping your varsity squad in for a 2nd inning to tally another 14 on top of that.. come on!... that will come back to bite Harpeth in the years ahead.

Everyone in the District knows that Cheatham is way down on the diamond. Harpeth already had 10-run the team the night before... scoring 13 out of the gate and then leaving your JV guys on the bench for another two innings before putting them on the field... well, the program will suffer in the end. You'll see!

Taking shots and running... well we know who is good at that now don't we Mr. Cutt. I'm sick of the lack of the respect of the game itself. Honor the game, respect your opponent and play hard every day! I don't see anyone as a supporter who does so much to break down so many for their own personal vendetta or personal gain! It never pays off in the end... and the kids are the ones who suffer. It's a pitiful example of what could be a successful baseball program!

Character, Integrity and Moral Discipline. As my son says... Some have it... Others don't!

Why will the PROGRAM suffer in the end ??? why is that ... they are losing the top two pitchers and key position players ...Yes i think Harpeth could be a successful BUT i believe the parents can make the program suffer not so much the coach at times . its known at Harpeth , if you dont play lil bubba or lil Sally you better explain yourself MR.... i would love to see a coach last longer than a year.... and thats a great quote that your son says Some have it , Others don't

We would all love to see a coach last longer than a year. The problem is that the pool of potential candidates is slim and the selection process is poor at best. Administration waits too long to make a decision and quality candidates quickly exit because the money isn't there to make it worthwhile. It's a combination that does not favor well for the kids.

In regards to parents... coaches should learn to stay true to their word, honor the system of seniority, create a competitive environment the encourages hard work, dedication and team spirit. Base decisions on performance rather than perception and most importantly... Keep accurate stats, develop a true rotation system that garners development of all positions on the field with the idea that every game is a learning experience. Develop a schedule the offers true challenge and doesn't inflate your win-loss record and give yourself a false sense of talent level. It's hard to come back down to reality when facing a formality opponent.

It's easy to be critical from the outside looking in... I've heard all of the complaints of former coaches about how its all the parents fault... but the reality is that if you're doing the job right most of the time the parents will be happy with the outcome. Don't take is seriously or skirt the efforts and dedication, lie and talk out of both sides of your mouth and you're going to pay dearly and usually you'll be looking for a new place to play in the dirt! Most coaches are short lived at Harpeth because they were really only planning on being there until something better came along. Until the school takes the programs seriously, the problem will continue to rear it's ugly head and the frustration level of the parents to have to pay thousands of dollars every year in player fees will continue to complain. I could have paid my house off with the player fees and donations I've paid over the past 10 years.

The bottom line is... when you ask so much of your players and parents... much will be expected. When you don't live up to your "sales pitch" when you arrive, they will quickly call your bluff!

thats very well spoken !!

We would all love to see a coach last longer than a year. The problem is that the pool of potential candidates is slim and the selection process is poor at best. Administration waits too long to make a decision and quality candidates quickly exit because the money isn't there to make it worthwhile. It's a combination that does not favor well for the kids.

In regards to parents... coaches should learn to stay true to their word, honor the system of seniority, create a competitive environment the encourages hard work, dedication and team spirit. Base decisions on performance rather than perception and most importantly... Keep accurate stats, develop a true rotation system that garners development of all positions on the field with the idea that every game is a learning experience. Develop a schedule the offers true challenge and doesn't inflate your win-loss record and give yourself a false sense of talent level. It's hard to come back down to reality when facing a formality opponent.

It's easy to be critical from the outside looking in... I've heard all of the complaints of former coaches about how its all the parents fault... but the reality is that if you're doing the job right most of the time the parents will be happy with the outcome. Don't take is seriously or skirt the efforts and dedication, lie and talk out of both sides of your mouth and you're going to pay dearly and usually you'll be looking for a new place to play in the dirt! Most coaches are short lived at Harpeth because they were really only planning on being there until something better came along. Until the school takes the programs seriously, the problem will continue to rear it's ugly head and the frustration level of the parents to have to pay thousands of dollars every year in player fees will continue to complain. I could have paid my house off with the player fees and donations I've paid over the past 10 years.

The bottom line is... when you ask so much of your players and parents... much will be expected. When you don't live up to your "sales pitch" when you arrive, they will quickly call your bluff!

Harpeth beat Camden in a wild one last night with both teams scoring 5 runs in the first. Presley went the distance for Harpeth gutting it out in a game where he didn't have his best stuff. 13-7 was the final.Bryce Baker hit a two run bomb for the indians. Montgomery Central topped Creekwood in the 2nd game by a score of 10-5. Harpeth and MC play tonight at 7, while CW and Camden will play the early game at 4:30.

Edited by coachcutt

Camden takes 2 from MC at MC to win the district tourney for the second straight year. Congrats boys.GL to MC boys great team and classy fans/parents.Never an excuse from them win or lose.

so much for the "short porch at camden gets in opposing teams heads" excuses from last year and earlier this year from some other schools :thumb: