District 3 AAA

TSpoon

I see what you're saying.......well then:

Powell - D.Owenby, H.Owenby, Skeen, and maybe Ledbetter

Halls - Painter and Corcione

A.C. - Durand and maybe Roberts and Newman

O.R. - maybe Lane

Karns - Hill (not a power pitcher but I still like this kid)

:popcorneater:

T-looks good...I agree with the list. Saw Hill throw yesterday...he is stronger and throws faster too.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some quality pitchers that I know of are:

Powell - D.Owenby, H.Owenby, Skeen, Long (elbow injury), Kidd, Weaver, and Ledbetter

Halls - Painter, Corcione, Sylvester, and Galyon

A.C. - Durand, Roberts, and Newman

H.V. - Kirk and Weiler

O.R. - Lane

Karns - Hill

I know there are others....please feel free to add to the list.

Just about all of these kids played on Summer showcase teams, and played at a PerfectGame tournament (www.perfectgame.org), where they (not coaches or parents!)keep track of a pitcher's fastest pitch and post it on their profile (if you're interested). All you have to do to see these profiles is register for the "free" stuff, then search on a player's name. All of the players listed above are listed at mid-70s to a high of 88mph (D. Owenby). Lane was 2nd fastest at 86, with a couple more at 85 (such as H. Owenby and Painter). Season is almost here, so good luck to everyone out there, and God's blessings on keeping all the players safe and healthy.

I think it would be better to rate power arms per school...how would you see it then? Not sure anyone but Powell, Halls and AC have what any of us would call power arms. That to me is the difference in High School baseball.

Add Hunter Tackett of AC to the list of "Power Pitchers" in 3AAA. He was throwing 86mph at PerfectGame last year between his Freshmen and Sophomore year. From reading the write-up on thier site, sounds like he's inconsistent, but coaches will take God-given power any day and try to work with it over trying to make a good pitcher faster. We will see soon enough whose got and who doesn't. Season is right here on us! :D

Add Hunter Tackett of AC to the list of "Power Pitchers" in 3AAA. He was throwing 86mph at PerfectGame last year between his Freshmen and Sophomore year. From reading the write-up on thier site, sounds like he's inconsistent, but coaches will take God-given power any day and try to work with it over trying to make a good pitcher faster. We will see soon enough whose got and who doesn't. Season is right here on us! :D

Say hey....Willie Mays Hayes here. Word on the street is AC lost Tackett for a good portion of the season from an accident. Can anyone more "in the know" AC fans help us out on this? Word I'm getting out of AC is Tackett was in line to be shortstop, #2 pitcher, and leadoff. This could seriously hurt the Mavs if true and I doubt they will contend without him. Good Luck to AC and all teams in 3AAA.

Edited by WillieMaysHayes

• 2 weeks later...

Say hey....Willie Mays Hayes here. Word on the street is AC lost Tackett for a good portion of the season from an accident. Can anyone more "in the know" AC fans help us out on this? Word I'm getting out of AC is Tackett was in line to be shortstop, #2 pitcher, and leadoff. This could seriously hurt the Mavs if true and I doubt they will contend without him. Good Luck to AC and all teams in 3AAA.

My understanding is they have lost him for most of the season....snowboarding accident. :(

Say Hey! Willie Mays Hayes here again! That is unbelievable. I seen AC along with Webb, West and Seymour this weekend. Seymour was the best from what I gathered of the 4. The other three looked very average.

AC beat Webb

Seymour beat AC

Webb beat Seymour

Looks all pretty even to me? Hard to tell though when pitchers are coming in about every two innings??

• 4 weeks later...

Standings:

Powell................10-0

Halls...................9-1

HVA....................2 losses

O.R.....................?

A.C.....................?

Clinton...............?(playing better)

Karns.................?

Campbell Co......?

Central...............?

Please add to this.

Standings:

Powell................10-0

Halls...................9-1

HVA....................2 losses

O.R.....................?

A.C.....................?

Clinton...............?(playing better)

Karns.................?

Campbell Co......?

Central...............?

Please add to this.

Oak Ridge is 5-4 with losses to HVA, Halls, Powell and Clinton. They still have to play Clinton, Halls, and Powell one more time, as well as two each against Central and Campbell Co. It looks like O.R. will be competing with Clinton and AC for the 4-6 seeds. Clinton is playing much better; "scrappy" is the best way to describe them, especially on offense.