District 12A Tournament

theGURU

If I am reading this right, Jordan Chard and Cannon Rhodes are co mvps? In my opinion, should have been Tucker...all district team should include the following

PERRY CO-Rhodes, Hill

WAYNE CO-Rice, Mathis

SUMMERTOWN-Chard, Allen

COLLINWOOD-Pigg, Butler, Montgomery

LORETTO-Clifft

MVP-Tucker

Glad someone on here knows the game of basketball. Good post.

• Upvote 1

Tired of hearing PC fans complain.. game is over WC played great and done what it took in the end to win the game where as PC did not. Did the clock start late, yes. but if you noticed it also ran a couple seconds after the whistle.. i think there should of been about 1 second left and not 2. But Mathis got the shot off in less than a second anyway, so the clock issue doesnt mater. Give WC their credit. They played hard and won the game.

The thing i got from the game was how PC panicked and got out of their game when it was still close late. Hill was shooting runners(not his style) and even Tucker took a 3 late in the 3rd with someone on him, which is out of his character.. While Tucker still seemed to be composed for the most part late in the game, the rest of PC's guards panicked. But the good news for PC is that it happened in the district Championship and not in the 2nd round of the region. Now PC has been in the close game late in a big situation, and will be more prepared. This could be a blessing for them in the long run. Could make them a better team in late 4th quarter situations.

Tired of hearing PC fans complain.. game is over WC played great and done what it took in the end to win the game where as PC did not. Did the clock start late, yes. but if you noticed it also ran a couple seconds after the whistle.. i think there should of been about 1 second left and not 2. But Mathis got the shot off in less than a second anyway, so the clock issue doesnt mater. Give WC their credit. They played hard and won the game.

The thing i got from the game was how PC panicked and got out of their game when it was still close late. Hill was shooting runners(not his style) and even Tucker took a 3 late in the 3rd with someone on him, which is out of his character.. While Tucker still seemed to be composed for the most part late in the game, the rest of PC's guards panicked. But the good news for PC is that it happened in the district Championship and not in the 2nd round of the region. Now PC has been in the close game late in a big situation, and will be more prepared. This could be a blessing for them in the long run. Could make them a better team in late 4th quarter situations.

This is a very smart and unbiased assessment......+1 :thumb:

Edited by wildcatalumni

AS FOR THE ALL REGION TEAM?!?!

I Strongly disagree, like most, with the MVP's. First off I dont like Co-MVPs. That has become very popular lately in football, and basketball. Just pick 1.. Secondly i dont feel that Chard or Rhodes were the best players on their team. BOTH GOOD PLAYERS, and ALL DISTRICT PLAYERS NO DOUBT. But Allen was clearly S'towns best and Tucker the best in the dist. nobody plays on both ends like tucker every night. Take Tucker away from PC they lose to Summertown. Thats what I think the MVP is. If you take that person away how will the team do.. Take Mathis away from WC they are fighting close with Loretto for 4th.. I think that Tucker is the best in 12A. Chard cant take over a game, Rhodes is a shooter. Not a big defender, doesnt do a whole lot of dribble driving. He can hit 5 or 6 threes on any given night, But he's not the type of player who you can say here is the ball, take over in the 4th. I think Mathis had a good argument because he is so vital to his team.

If they still had all tournaments.

MVP-Mathis

WC- Melson(Improved more than anybody over the season, Rice

PC- Gilboy, Tucker or Rhodes(Rhodes had a big night against Cwood in Semis)

CWood- Pigg, Andrews(Daniels out even though he had about 15 in the 4th in the Loretto game)

Stown- Allen, Curtis(Chard out, he was no where to be found, not a big time player, cant put it in his hands late)

Loretto- Clift

Clifon-Churchwell

AS FOR THE ALL REGION TEAM?!?!

I Strongly disagree, like most, with the MVP's. First off I dont like Co-MVPs. That has become very popular lately in football, and basketball. Just pick 1.. Secondly i dont feel that Chard or Rhodes were the best players on their team. BOTH GOOD PLAYERS, and ALL DISTRICT PLAYERS NO DOUBT. But Allen was clearly S'towns best and Tucker the best in the dist. nobody plays on both ends like tucker every night. Take Tucker away from PC they lose to Summertown. Thats what I think the MVP is. If you take that person away how will the team do.. Take Mathis away from WC they are fighting close with Loretto for 4th.. I think that Tucker is the best in 12A. Chard cant take over a game, Rhodes is a shooter. Not a big defender, doesnt do a whole lot of dribble driving. He can hit 5 or 6 threes on any given night, But he's not the type of player who you can say here is the ball, take over in the 4th. I think Mathis had a good argument because he is so vital to his team.

If they still had all tournaments.

MVP-Mathis

WC- Melson(Improved more than anybody over the season, Rice

PC- Gilboy, Tucker or Rhodes(Rhodes had a big night against Cwood in Semis)

CWood- Pigg, Andrews(Daniels out even though he had about 15 in the 4th in the Loretto game)

Stown- Allen, Curtis(Chard out, he was no where to be found, not a big time player, cant put it in his hands late)

Loretto- Clift

Clifon-Churchwell

+2

Edited by jtown28

Has anyone stopped to see what the WC win has not only done to the district, but also the region, substate, and state? Effectively a top 5 team WILL be going home early...PC and MT P been top 5 all season and they potentially meet in semifinals (barring a stown upset at mt p) and one of them will be going home early

On the other side of the bracket you have WC, Richland, Hampshire, and I think Cwood-111one of those teams will be going to substate and are all pretty well evenly matched, although I would think WC has the edge here with the here with the home court

• Upvote 1

Has anyone stopped to see what the WC win has not only done to the district, but also the region, substate, and state? Effectively a top 5 team WILL be going home early...PC and MT P been top 5 all season and they potentially meet in semifinals (barring a stown upset at mt p) and one of them will be going home early

On the other side of the bracket you have WC, Richland, Hampshire, and I think Cwood-111one of those teams will be going to substate and are all pretty well evenly matched, although I would think WC has the edge here with the here with the home court

I wouldnt say S'town over MTP would be an upset.. They split during the season. and if Stown can stay on the boards MTP will have a hard time scoring without their second and third chances. Plus MTP has fouling issues. If S'town was to get hot while a couple of guys are on the bench with fouls they could stretch it out.

However, Stown is not playing their best basketball right now. I think that will be the best game in RD 1. Cwood Richland will be good also, richland has really improved.

As for a top 5 team getting put out. The whole top ten thing is a little over rated. the people making that list are looking at some #'s and havnt seen most of the teams play. PC is a top 5 team and should move on. MTP is very athletic and very good in spurts.. but this is where solid teams get seperated from spurty teams.

Region play should be fun

I'd like to see video replay of the double dribble they called on Garrett Hill after he stole the ball, or the walk they called on Matt Gilboy when no one had possession of the ball, or how they decided not to start they clock about 3 seconds late on the play when they called that walk. All of that in the last 15 seconds of the game.......

About the clock...Time does not start until the ball is touched and the pass went over the players and it did start late but it also ran after the play was over.

About the clock...Time does not start until the ball is touched and the pass went over the players and it did start late but it also ran after the play was over.

That pass touched yalls big mans hand yet the clock didnt start till almost when the whistle was blown, and if the clock wouldn't have ran a little after the whistle there would have still been about 4 seconds on the clock. With that being said yall pointed out how Gilboy bear hugged the ball and rolled with it, a highly doubt Gilboy would have had to bear hug the ball if the was not competing for possession with a WC player. And if he was competing for possession the call should not have been a walk but instead a jump ball. Guess who's turn it was to get possession of a jump ball?

Let that little bit of knowledge bounce around in some of those empty WC noggins.

Edited by theGURU