Who's the top 10 players in Hampton basketball history?

Fiddlefitned

Iv heard people say Barry Phillips is at the top along with mib Ellis, Leon Tolley and others but who you guys got?

This is a tough decision. I can't narrow down to ten, so here is twelve top ones in no particular order...Milburn Ellis, Jerry White, Barry Phillips, Craig Fair, Kevin Ward, Mark Henry, Leon Tolley, Willie Malone, Nathaniel Hughes, Randy Waycaster, Benny Smith, Mike Matheson.

I’m pretty sure Kevin Ward made it to the last cut of the Dallas Mavericks when he was living in Texas. I do think Nathanial Hughes deserves come consideration for what he accomplished. I don’t recall any other Mr. Basketball candidates around here but I could be wrong on that.

Yes, Ward did.

What separates the greats from the better than average players is that the greats are able to step up and out-play superior competitors.

Ive played with many on the list you started...Matheson was a player, Ned was a defensive terror, Mark Henry and Chris Wilson could ball as could a long list of others...I cant speak about the much older greats, But Leon's awards speak for themselves...and Ward was just unreal...from the time he crossed half court, heck, it didn't matter if your were 5'5 or 6'10 he was almost impossible to stop