Clarksville Basketball Teams

dafuture

Posted by chev:

dafuture---get real...they play better defense then any other team around and have they have great leadership in Nikki Garrett...their defense alone is why they will be the best team around in the city..hard to score on them if you cannnot advance the ball.

Yeah ok, Northeast do play better defense than any other team around. I give them credit for that. In fact I say that they do have the best defense. But their defense alone will not help them to be the best team around in the city. You say that it will be "hard to score on them if you cannot advance the ball"... well I agree, but how are they going to score if they have no scorers? Think about it, who on their team can create something and score? Now you get real--chev

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point about Northeast, I got the Nikki Garretts name confused..she is one of the top players in the city but I dont think she can do it alone. Rick Martin is a good coach, however he did have Radcliffe as the main leader and garrett also last year, he doesnt have anything like that this year. I'll go out on a limb and pick them 4th or 5th this year. Rossview should be the THIRD best team in the city and top 4 best team in the district behind a tough Dickson Co and Henry Co teams. Northwest and Rossview will battle it out for the third and fourth spots.

Central didnt play well the first half of the year, only to turn it on the second half.

You are right about Rossview being a threat this year because they have the talent, but the question is do they have the heart and the court leadership this year. Yes, Orella, Cierra, and Danielle all played for the Sparks this year but which one is going to step up and be the leader. If they ever get their heads in it and go at it with all the same purpose in mind they could be great and could dominate. I played with all three of them this summer and they have great potential, but it is their choice on whether or not they will use their abilities. About Northeast, they lost their only scorer in Michelle Radcliffe, but yes they have the BEST defender in the county in Nikki Garrett. She is probably the quickest player in the county and can flat out eat you alive. She did it to me last season and occassionaly in practice this summer. In my opinion Northeast will only be a threat if their defense can score for them, that was how they beat Central last year. Steal the ball and get layups, but they also had Michelle when they didn't get a steal. This year they need someone to step up and be an offensive threat because Garrett is a defender, she is not very offensive minded. They will win many ballgames this year on defense but if they ever meet anyone who can break a press and is patient and takes care of the ball they will be stopped.

I do not know alot about the girls teams here in Clarksville but I have to agree with Chev on this one. Rick Martin is a great coach and their defensive pressure is the best Ive seen for girls in a long time. Their guards and not just Garrett are very quick and most teams will not be able to handle the ball vs them. They also have great work ethic, and they will play as a team too. Remember the best talent does not always win...sometimes the intangibles like hard work,teamwork, and coaching will over come lack of talent. I dont think the Lakers won any championships before Jackson got there, and what would Duke be like w/o Coach K. Look for Northeast to finish in the top 3 at least.

Posted by mchs15:

You are right about Rossview being a threat this year because they have the talent, but the question is do they have the heart and the court leadership this year. Yes, Orella, Cierra, and Danielle all played for the Sparks this year but which one is going to step up and be the leader. If they ever get their heads in it and go at it with all the same purpose in mind they could be great and could dominate. I played with all three of them this summer and they have great potential, but it is their choice on whether or not they will use their abilities. About Northeast, they lost their only scorer in Michelle Radcliffe, but yes they have the BEST defender in the county in Nikki Garrett. She is probably the quickest player in the county and can flat out eat you alive. She did it to me last season and occassionaly in practice this summer. In my opinion Northeast will only be a threat if their defense can score for them, that was how they beat Central last year. Steal the ball and get layups, but they also had Michelle when they didn't get a steal. This year they need someone to step up and be an offensive threat because Garrett is a defender, she is not very offensive minded. They will win many ballgames this year on defense but if they ever meet anyone who can break a press and is patient and takes care of the ball they will be stopped.

Yea, well this is a good post. I think that Ceirra will eventually lead this team in scoring even with the talent Fuller on the roster and Galbreath will be the teams defensive and assist player. She'll prolly be a top 5 in the city in steals and Assist..The girl has serious handles, but I never mention Fuller because right now basketball isnt her number one priority..Theres prolly not anyone in the city that can stop her but herself. like I've said all along, Rossview should be the 3rd best team in the city behind only Mont.Central and Northwest.Northeast has the coaching, the speed, and defense but for some reason I think that teams are gonna start breaking the presses.

Posted by chev:

dafuture---get real...they play better defense then any other team around and have they have great leadership in Nikki Garrett...their defense alone is why they will be the best team around in the city..hard to score on them if you cannnot advance the ball.

but yeah,if all you have is defense,you wont score,and you cant win w/ no points.youve got to have both all the way around,no question.

by the way,tnbball,you are absolutly right about fuller being the only one that can stop herself,shes a good ball player,and if she would play to her potental all the time,and eat sleep and breath this sport,she would be unstoppable.

Its sad that someone with the talent that she has, wont wake up and get with it..She could be something special on the high school and College level if she worked hard enough..However I do wish her the best of luck with whatever she decides to do.

As far as Northeast goes, if you can name at least two scorers I'll put them over Rossview for the third best team in the city but I dont think that Defense is gonna win them much this year..They at least had Radcliffe last year to score points when teams were breaking thier pressure.

Guest Msmainevent

Now that I'm up and gone, I can look back and say that last year was a tremendous year for women's basketball in Clarksville. The games have never been so exciting nor have the stands filled to watch A GIRL'S GAME. So last year was a nice set foundation with women's ball. I believe that the sneoirs last year: Haynes, Speller, Radcliffe, Hogan, Jackson, and McNeil set a strong example of the how the game is really suppose to be played. They showed intensity in their area of the game and executed it well. They have been Clarksville's limelight for the past 3 years and now that they're gone, the season should be rather interesting. :D My opinion really isn't worth a dime but I'll give it anyway. Since these 2 pages seem to be all about rossview, (I wonder why) I'll start with them. They were picked to finish 3rd or 4th last year and ended up kinda short. They do have good players but sometimes I question the chemistry with the 5 that are out there on the floor. I know for a fact that 3 of them have chemistry becuz they've been playin together for a while. And sometimes I wonder why the coach just won't let them play their game. Sure you can discipline a player to do this and discipline a player to do that, but you can't and shouldn't want to take that person's game away. Sometimes you just have to let the kids play. Rossview lacks fundamentals to me. Sure they have the street game, but where are the basics that you'll need to get you through big situations? Radcliffe is a good guard. She knows how to step in big games. I believe that she knows what it takes to win. Galbreath is an awesome ball handler. The A.I of women's basketball. Fuller is no doubt the best all around player in the city. She just don't know what to do with that talent. Rossview will probably finish 4th or 5th. But with Kenwood having Patrice Wade from ft. campbell now, rossview might finish 6th. Wade is a good player, an excellent one, but she'll never make it with the attitude she has. Both of the norths, henry and dickson will be the top 4, just like last year. Unless chs comes up and pulls some surprises. Northwest still has cross and mosby who is experienced in the winning bracket. (c-fivehead :D No one does it better.

Northeast will win games becuz of their defense and noone is denying that. With the loss of Radcliffe, Garret will have to step up and be 2 times the scorer that she was last year. It shouldn't be a problem. Coach Martin will produce a winning season every year that he's at northeast. Central has a nice team every year to me. A couple of years ago, they had that monster Debbie, who a freakin beast in the post. The years that followed, shelton really picked and her game and made a name for herself. good job kelly. And now she's one of the ares most respected players. She has some of the sweetest moves that you'll ever see in the area and she can finish em' off. Most likely, she will get player

of the year. :D:D:D:)