LEXINGTON BEATS LIBERTY

btownbasketball

What the heck happened in this game.How did Lexington beat Liberty, if someone was at this game please give me a recap. This gives Bolivar the 14aa title AGAIN. Thanks Lexington. :roflolk:

Not sure if Lexington did you as big of a favor as you think.I asked the same question to some friends that were there,and coach sat his starters for almost the entire first half.Lexington isn't a bad team(average),but there's no way that they should beat Liberty.I have no idea why a coach would "throw" a game to basicaly give up a share of the district title,especially with Jackson Southside sitting at third,so I'm not going to come out and say that that's what happened,but if a team needs refocusing a loss going into the tourney is not a bad perscription.I'm anxious to hear what dhstennis's take on this game is.

Edited by tradertwo

Not sure if Lexington did you as big of a favor as you think.I asked the same question to some friends that were there,and coach sat his starters for almost the entire first half.Lexington isn't a bad team(average),but there's no way that they should beat Liberty.I have no idea why a coach would "throw" a game to basicaly give up a share of the district title,especially with Jackson Southside sitting at third,so I'm not going to come out and say that that's what happened,but if a team needs refocusing a loss going into the tourney is not a bad perscription.I'm anxious to hear what dhstennis's take on this game is.

I was there and I must respectfully disagree with your statement that Liberty's starters sat for almost the entire first half. Coach Jones did get frustrated with them and sit them for a part of the half but I would be willing to say they played more than they sat in the first half. Lexington shot the ball very well and Liberty didn't. Liberty couldn't get into their press due to their not making shots. They depend on their press for points so if you can't score, you can't press and if you can't press you can't score. When liberty did start making shots in the 4th qtr, they cut a 20 pt lead to either 8 or 10 as Lexington missed a couple of front ends of 1 and 1's. Lexington was able to make enough fts in the end to win. Hats off to Coach Grant, Coach Harrington and the Tigers. This was by far their most complete effort of the year. And btw, when these two played at Liberty, it was very close for 3 qtrs.

I was there and I must respectfully disagree with your statement that Liberty's starters sat for almost the entire first half. Coach Jones did get frustrated with them and sit them for a part of the half but I would be willing to say they played more than they sat in the first half. Lexington shot the ball very well and Liberty didn't. Liberty couldn't get into their press due to their not making shots. They depend on their press for points so if you can't score, you can't press and if you can't press you can't score. When liberty did start making shots in the 4th qtr, they cut a 20 pt lead to either 8 or 10 as Lexington missed a couple of front ends of 1 and 1's. Lexington was able to make enough fts in the end to win. Hats off to Coach Grant, Coach Harrington and the Tigers. This was by far their most complete effort of the year. And btw, when these two played at Liberty, it was very close for 3 qtrs.

I didn't mean to imply that Lexington was horrible,or for that matter that Liberty was unbeatable.I didn't even intend to project that I thought Coach Jones intended to lose the game,was just suggesting to a Bolivar fan that a loss now might make Liberty harder to beat in the tourney(should they both advance).Coach Harrington is a friend,and I'd never pubicly question him or his team,even if I thought it was deserved(which I don't).For the information being incorrect,Adams mom called and told me how the game went,she was excited for her son.I used only "Adams" for anonimity,so us 'in the know' understand.I was not there,but your synopsis of the game fits their styles of play and the outcome,and I'd like to congratulate the Tigers and staff on a big win also,maybe they can carry some momentum into tournament play.

we dont throw games...ps...sorry took so long but...well ur boy got blocked from the T because professor plumb69 is dumb and they didnt like me pointing out his hipocracy...

as for the game...i wasnt able to attend...but the guys dont seem to be playing well as a team right now...too many egos i think...people arent just going to lay down for us...especially lexington...ive heard all kinds of things about the game...mostly junk about the refs...maybe they were bad...maybe...but u know what...a good team doesnt put themselves in position to lose by an officials call...and we lost by what...14, 15??? TECH didnt come to play and they paid the price...if we win this thursday we get SS...and if we win that bolivar...bad decision by young kids...but thats life...they will either grow from the beating or theyll be going home 4 weeks early...

my personal opinion...our boys still dont have their heads in the right place...talent may win us a few more games...but if things dont change soon we wont even see the boro...and thats sad for such a strong group of seniors...they remind me a lot of the team that lost 2 bolivar 2 years ago in the championship...

Edited by dhstennis

Bolivar or Liberty play hard and leave everything on the line when they play each other so Liberty losing a game has no bearing one way or the other when they play Bolivar. I just know Liberty is better than Lexington and wondered how they managed to lose with so much on the line. :popcorneater: