New Ezell Harding coach?

D2A

ezell-harding did not offer scholarhips except for the last year are two......doing their run in the early 2001 those kids were already enrolled...they did have some great athletes but do not just put it down to recruiting

Im not saying that was all of it but somehow 3 of the best athletes in Nashville at the time and arguably in Nashville history top 100 showed up at Ezell in the 8th grade. Im not saying the school paid for it or that they did anything other private schools didnt or havent done then and now. Simply saying those athletes for whatever reason stopped showing up at the school thus a decline in performance and the coach moved on. The multiplier definitely didnt help for a few years after that time. I always thought ezell could of had a great football program and did many moons ago. With the UNA program being so strong back in the day dont know if it still is or not but alot of great athletes used to come through the area. The school was in a nice community with the Hickory Hollow mall area so close and the interstate close by. Anyhow it doesnt really matter now it was 10 years ago and its water under the bridge.

Im not saying that was all of it but somehow 3 of the best athletes in Nashville at the time and arguably in Nashville history top 100 showed up at Ezell in the 8th grade. Im not saying the school paid for it or that they did anything other private schools didnt or havent done then and now. Simply saying those athletes for whatever reason stopped showing up at the school thus a decline in performance and the coach moved on. The multiplier definitely didnt help for a few years after that time. I always thought ezell could of had a great football program and did many moons ago. With the UNA program being so strong back in the day dont know if it still is or not but alot of great athletes used to come through the area. The school was in a nice community with the Hickory Hollow mall area so close and the interstate close by. Anyhow it doesnt really matter now it was 10 years ago and its water under the bridge.

UNA is still strong but Patrick Abernathy funnels most of their best athletes to BA. This has been going on for a few years. Anyway..did Ezell get a new coach or not?

• Upvote 1

It seems Ezell is having its share of problems the one thing that they have never let down were there standards. Smith had to resign and find another job because of his divorce. These same standards have always limited their coaching pool because of the christian requirements such as members of the church of christ and not divorced. These standards are now not as high as they once were for good or bad. The good of the kids were always first and foremost the best interest of the kids. It will be a very hard sell to the kids of ezell that their interests are important. Was this a well thought out hire, no, will ezell football have a hard time surviving, yes. first you must hire a solid head coach, next you must have very good assistants and i expect you will see a drop off of ezell's competitive spirit. I truly hope them nothing but the best but i do know that you need more than a great high school career, a good college career and more than a couple of years as a assistant to take over that program...i wish them nothing but good and hope i am totally wrong and if i am a year from now i will get on here and publicily say that i am wrong, and i hope i am...a good man is gone, that loved and cared for the kids...i hope someone will snap him up