7-AA District Tournament

Omniscience

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like tomorrow Championship got bigger with the fact that the loser will more than likely get Cannon Co. at home. 8-AA has 3 elite teams that could make it to the Boro.

The LADY YELLOW JACKETS took the early lead and never looked back, they were up by 8 at half, 11 at the end of 3 and 23 at the final buzzer. ( with all the girls playing) :popcorneater: Just a good old fashion butt whippin :D . They played smothering Defense on Dunlap all night, never letting them get in a routine 8-)

THE LADY JACKETS ARE A THREE PEAT (3) 7AA DISTRICT CHAMPS

8-)

Edited by mtnman80

The defense was not that smothering, regardless of how many points or field goals Sequatchie ended up with. They had wide open 3s, made a few, and were able to penetrate from the top again and again with Grundy fouling and putting the player at the line. Smith County will see that for sure in the film and they have at least 2 capable of doing the same thing. Seq didn't take advantage of some of their chances on offense. Grundy's offense was impressive, when the shooters are hitting from the outside it's difficult to give Wiseman the attention she demands. Things fell apart in the fourth quarter and the lead went from 11 to out of reach quickly. I'd pick Grundy over Smith but I think both teams will score a lot.

The defense was not that smothering, regardless of how many points or field goals Sequatchie ended up with. They had wide open 3s, made a few, and were able to penetrate from the top again and again with Grundy fouling and putting the player at the line. Smith County will see that for sure in the film and they have at least 2 capable of doing the same thing. Seq didn't take advantage of some of their chances on offense. Grundy's offense was impressive, when the shooters are hitting from the outside it's difficult to give Wiseman the attention she demands. Things fell apart in the fourth quarter and the lead went from 11 to out of reach quickly. I'd pick Grundy over Smith but I think both teams will score a lot.

Pretty smothering when you only hit three(3) FG's in the second half, no need for your wimpering. The LADY JACKETS COVERED THE INDIANS LIKE A BLANKET. If Dunlap had that many open 3's barker would have been shooting them :roflol: why did it go so quickly DEFENSE enough said THREE PEAT AND THAT KILLS SOME :lol:

She scored 20 I believe. Missed shots doesn't necessarily mean good defense, neither does failing to go to the basket when the opportunities are there, or failing to execute away from the ball, even when a turnover eventually results. This is a difficult day here for a lot of students here, and a lot of other folks too, so I will get back into the back-and-forth on here later in the week. Good luck vs Smith, Grundy should be the favorite.

She scored 20 I believe. Missed shots doesn't necessarily mean good defense, neither does failing to go to the basket when the opportunities are there, or failing to execute away from the ball, even when a turnover eventually results. This is a difficult day here for a lot of students here, and a lot of other folks too, so I will get back into the back-and-forth on here later in the week. Good luck vs Smith, Grundy should be the favorite.

I understand prayers go out to the families, BBall takes back seat when things happen. Good luck to the Lady Indians this week as well.

BEST OF LUCK WITH CANNON CO. THEIR GAME IS OUTSIDE PRESSURE ON THE ELBOW WILL GO ALONG WAY AGAINST THEM. DON'T TRY TO RUN WITH THEM, PRESSURE AFTER THEY CROSS THE HALF COURT LINE. 2-3 DEFENSE WITH THE 2 APPLYING THE PRESSURE ON THE ELBOWS AND TOP OF THE KEY