Farr 86-88

Hutchinson 86-88

Ballinger 86-88

Leonard 83-86

Slagle 82-85

Paschal 84-87

Henshaw 85-88

Bible 85-87

three leftys that throw low to mid 80's as well, so watch out for this team.

I dont care if a team has 15 players that throw 100 if you cant throw strikes and locate the ball you want last 1 inning and its hard 2 belive Jeff co has that many pitchers iv seen alot of baseball state and all. And iv never seen a team with more than 2 :popcorneater: good not great pithers

Edited by jeffs

well I've see all of these guys throw in the past seasons and this past summer. Not only do they throw hard but most all of them are juniors and seniors, and thow strikes with normal regularity. Lost to Farragut last year in a substate game, and this year are a lot deeper and their pitching will lead them to the state tournament and another imac title. Mark my words josh warner will coach this team to another great season and a state championship, they are a deep and dangerous team. Experience and consistency are the qualities of this pitching staff.

There is hitting speed, above hitting speed, and below hitting speed. Above hitting speed in high school is 88 or above. Below hitting speed is below 80. Hitting speed in high school is 82-86. The top teams in state often have two pitchers that can go consistantly above 88 or least have pin point control if they throw less than 88. The first four hitters on most good teams can hit and prefer to hit fastballs 82-86. I heard a good hitter say last year that he was glad to get into the regional playoffs so he could see pitchers that threw harder!

There is hitting speed, above hitting speed, and below hitting speed. Above hitting speed in high school is 88 or above. Below hitting speed is below 80. Hitting speed in high school is 82-86. The top teams in state often have two pitchers that can go consistantly above 88 or least have pin point control if they throw less than 88. The first four hitters on most good teams can hit and prefer to hit fastballs 82-86. I heard a good hitter say last year that he was glad to get into the regional playoffs so he could see pitchers that threw harder!

Agreed. If your fastball velocity isn't 86+ you had better have AT LEAST one good off speed pitch that is located very well to at least hold GOOD offenses in check. When you face better competition that low to mid 80's fastball looks like BP to good hitters.

I dont care if a team has 15 players that throw 100 if you cant throw strikes and locate the ball you want last 1 inning and its hard 2 belive Jeff co has that many pitchers iv seen alot of baseball state and all. And iv never seen a team with more than 2 :popcorneater: good not great pithers

If you have never seen a team with more than 2 good pitchers then you have not been watching very good baseball. However, it doesnt matter if you have 15 pitchers that are great because in tournament time only the top 4 or 5 matter. if I've got 4 as good as your first 4 then we are equal and it doesn't matter about the rest of them.

well I've see all of these guys throw in the past seasons and this past summer. Not only do they throw hard but most all of them are juniors and seniors, and thow strikes with normal regularity. Lost to Farragut last year in a substate game, and this year are a lot deeper and their pitching will lead them to the state tournament and another imac title. Mark my words josh warner will coach this team to another great season and a state championship, they are a deep and dangerous team. Experience and consistency are the qualities of this pitching staff.

I thought Jeff. Co. lost a bunch of senior starters last season....... :blink:

Ausmus (SS), Potts (OF), Tipton (OF), Jett (1B), #1 pitcher, starting catcher......maybe more?

I thought Jeff. Co. lost a bunch of senior starters last season....... :blink:

Ausmus (SS), Potts (OF), Tipton (OF), Jett (1B), #1 pitcher, starting catcher......maybe more?

well granted,they lost those guys, but they also return jake farr to replace ausmus at short, an all-state thirdbaseman in Blake Paschal,and no their catcher did not graduate,he returns this year as well and those three combined for over 20 homeruns last year,and bible and ballinger both went 4-0 last year pitching as well.

well granted,they lost those guys, but they also return jake farr to replace ausmus at short, an all-state thirdbaseman in Blake Paschal,and no their catcher did not graduate,he returns this year as well and those three combined for over 20 homeruns last year,and bible and ballinger both went 4-0 last year pitching as well.

Sorry...I thought they had a senior catcher last year too. Well it certainly sounds like they are loaded this year!

Thanks for the warning. They should have a big bull's eye on them now...... :roflol:

Well I will agree that a stable full of 80-88 mph pitchers is a great thing to have I will say that your better hitters are not only ready for it they are wanting it . I have seen some really good hitters struggle more with a good junk baller more than they do with a kid throwing 90 . But on the same note the 85-88 mph pitch will send a lot of kids walking back to the dugout shaking their head . Sounds like jc has a dandy season lined up and I wish you all well .

Well I will agree that a stable full of 80-88 mph pitchers is a great thing to have I will say that your better hitters are not only ready for it they are wanting it . I have seen some really good hitters struggle more with a good junk baller more than they do with a kid throwing 90 . But on the same note the 85-88 mph pitch will send a lot of kids walking back to the dugout shaking their head . Sounds like jc has a dandy season lined up and I wish you all well .

Booyah on the bullseye... what district/region is this so we can all get scared now. If JC is this loaded, surely there will be a TSSAA inquiry, lol.

If you have never seen a team with more than 2 good pitchers then you have not been watching very good baseball. However, it doesnt matter if you have 15 pitchers that are great because in tournament time only the top 4 or 5 matter. if I've got 4 as good as your first 4 then we are equal and it doesn't matter about the rest of them.

I watch very good baseball how many times has S Hill won the region cant count that high but they didnt have but 2 good pitchers and a few junk pitchers you throw that 85 88 in there a teams will knock you over the field better have a #2 pitch anyways good luck