District 8a

swanson71

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

FCS is looking pretty good after a few weeks of practice. Got a few injuries and a few good freshmen playing well. It should be a good year. Looking to make it back to the BORO.

I hear Gordonsville is the team to beat. I hear that lefty pitchers got some D-1 offers.

Gordonsville and the Private School will battle it out again this year. I hear H2Otown is pretty decent as well, but I will know more after I see them this weekend. RBS is waaay down this year (sorry Swanson), I think they battle with Trousdale for cellar dweller status this season.

Watched FCS play a few games yesterday at the play day. They impressed me, there pitching look good and there game play was good. One thing that keeps hurting them is there pitch calling. When a girl is standing two foot off the plate you don't throw her inside. Pitch calling is not rocket science. :rolleyes:

Just because a pitch was thrown inside does not mean it was called inside. Hopefully, the pitching will continue to grow throughout the season.

Gordonsville and the Private School will battle it out again this year. I hear H2Otown is pretty decent as well, but I will know more after I see them this weekend. RBS is waaay down this year (sorry Swanson), I think they battle with Trousdale for cellar dweller status this season.

I wouldn't go as far as saying RBS is "waaay down this year". RBS only lost 2 or 3 seniors last year, 1 of which will be tough to replace. However, RBS returns quite a few pretty good players so they should finish close to where they did last year. I think Watertown lost their starting pitcher so they're my pick to finish last.