Memphis Westwood

MrTSSAA

sir, is this 2012 or 2011? please remind me. was BTW loaded last year? no Was Westwood loaded last year? no. Was Jeremy Lin ballin last year. Please update your brain

You obviously are not to familiar with Westwood. Westwood had a lot of players returning from a state tournament team the year before last year. They lost several players off last year's sub state team, so, they can not be much more loaded. So, how about you get your facts straight. Just come on up to Humboldt or Tiptonville and you will see how tough it is to win in class A. You have one of the weakest schedules in class A and single A basketball in Memphis is just as weak as single A basketball anywhere in the state. It is no comparison what so ever to double A(which is ruled by Liberty and Bolivar in the west NOT a Memphis team. Triple A in Memphis is by far the best in state. So, you sir need to get a brain.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westwood played Adamsville tonight not TCA. They won 74-38. TCA beat Memphis Northside 64-49. TCA is a very, very scrappy fundamental team and will give Westwood a run for their money. Don't count TCA or Middleton out yet! Middleton is extremely well coached and a very disciplined team. BTW doesn't need to overlook them!

You obviously are not to familiar with Westwood. Westwood had a lot of players returning from a state tournament team the year before last year. They lost several players off last year's sub state team, so, they can not be much more loaded. So, how about you get your facts straight. Just come on up to Humboldt or Tiptonville and you will see how tough it is to win in class A. You have one of the weakest schedules in class A and single A basketball in Memphis is just as weak as single A basketball anywhere in the state. It is no comparison what so ever to double A(which is ruled by Liberty and Bolivar in the west NOT a Memphis team. Triple A in Memphis is by far the best in state. So, you sir need to get a brain.

You obviously have not read all posts about Westwood. I have seen them play 3 times this year. Now, let me enlighten you. they have about 4 transfers from other schools. Three of which are starters And all of the can play. A few of them are college prospects. for example, their 7ft center Sam Edwards. google him. I dont know the other names. Westwood is a totally different team than two years ago, last year, and even december. Please stop taking offense when I am simply trying to provide you with information that are facts. You cant base a team off of previous years. Sometimes new players come in. That what happens, teams get better. And the class AAA talent thing, its a fact. They have the TALENT. If you doubt it then research Martavious Newby and Khalil Spencer.

You obviously have not read all posts about Westwood. I have seen them play 3 times this year. Now, let me enlighten you. they have about 4 transfers from other schools. Three of which are starters And all of the can play. A few of them are college prospects. for example, their 7ft center Sam Edwards. google him. I dont know the other names. Westwood is a totally different team than two years ago, last year, and even december. Please stop taking offense when I am simply trying to provide you with information that are facts. You cant base a team off of previous years. Sometimes new players come in. That what happens, teams get better. And the class AAA talent thing, its a fact. They have the TALENT. If you doubt it then research Martavious Newby and Khalil Spencer.

I know who Newby is. Spencer, I have heard about. The thing about Memphis schools that gets overlooked, is the fact that every year kids move from one school to another without any recourse. Other schools do not have that luxury. It's not a fair system but it is the system we have. I am sure that Westwood and Btw have good teams but you are overlooking Humboldt , Lake County, Union City and Middleton. BTW better win the region and play at home in the sub state. I hope you keep on overlooking Middleton. I am not taking offense to any thing you say. It's all in fun. I am simply trying to tell you that single A teams in the west are very strong. Ask Liberty and South Side fans about little ole Lake County. Good luck to BTW, I hope my falcons have a chance to play them. Westwood is in for a dog fight with TCA. Newby no doubt could play for any team in the state but BTW could not and would not play with 3a teams. Sorry, would not happen. If that was the case BTW would have chosen to stay 2A or move up to 3A. They did not have to drop to 1A. They chose to make that move because they could not get by Liberty or Bolivar. Don't even get me started about BTW playing teams like Southwind or Ridgeway.

Edited by FalconNation

I know who Newby is. Spencer, I have heard about. The thing about Memphis schools that gets overlooked, is the fact that every year kids move from one school to another without any recourse. Other schools do not have that luxury. It's not a fair system but it is the system we have. I am sure that Westwood and Btw have good teams but you are overlooking Humboldt , Lake County, Union City and Middleton. BTW better win the region and play at home in the sub state. I hope you keep on overlooking Middleton. I am not taking offense to any thing you say. It's all in fun. I am simply trying to tell you that single A teams in the west are very strong. Ask Liberty and South Side fans about little ole Lake County. Good luck to BTW, I hope my falcons have a chance to play them. Westwood is in for a dog fight with TCA. Newby no doubt could play for any team in the state but BTW could not and would not play with 3a teams. Sorry, would not happen. If that was the case BTW would have chosen to stay 2A or move up to 3A. They did not have to drop to 1A. They chose to make that move because they could not get by Liberty or Bolivar. Don't even get me started about BTW playing teams like Southwind or Ridgeway.

Im not overlooking them. I like Lake county as a team and i like Rafeal Tyler. I dont know much about Humbolt. I dont think Middleton is that tough though. But then again i have never seen them play, and we know thatg looking at records can be decieving so i guess we will see come tuesday. Yeah memphis players often transfer between schools and middle school studs go where they want. Im just saying if 4 stud players tranfer to Memphis Northside next year. They now have the same talent as a Ridgeway or Southwind. Even though they are class A. On another note, BTW has always been a contender for the gold ball. Bolivar and Liberty have beaten us the past two years but I doubt they are the reason for the drop. BTW was just playing for the state title 3 years ago. So, I dont think it had to do with them. Most likely because of other sports. By the way, Southwind lost to East tonight. BTW beat East last year. Based on your theory, Does that make them good enough?

Im not overlooking them. I like Lake county as a team and i like Rafeal Tyler. I dont know much about Humbolt. I dont think Middleton is that tough though. But then again i have never seen them play, and we know thatg looking at records can be decieving so i guess we will see come tuesday. Yeah memphis players often transfer between schools and middle school studs go where they want. Im just saying if 4 stud players tranfer to Memphis Northside next year. They now have the same talent as a Ridgeway or Southwind. Even though they are class A. On another note, BTW has always been a contender for the gold ball. Bolivar and Liberty have beaten us the past two years but I doubt they are the reason for the drop. BTW was just playing for the state title 3 years ago. So, I dont think it had to do with them. Most likely because of other sports. By the way, Southwind lost to East tonight. BTW beat East last year. Based on your theory, Does that make them good enough?

I am fully aware that BTW has a very solid basketball tradition. I have no theory at all. I was going off the fact that most single A basketball teams cannot lose 9 players and be as good as the year before. In Memphis that can happen due to kids being able to transfer schools and not have to sit out for a year. In my humble opinion that is no different than what the D2 privates do.

I am fully aware that BTW has a very solid basketball tradition. I have no theory at all.

******* I was going off the fact that most single A basketball teams cannot lose NINE (9 ) players and be as good as the year before. ****** In Memphis that can happen due to kids being able to transfer schools and not have to sit out for a year. In my humble opinion that is no different than what the D2 privates do.********

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

what he said .... .........:thumb: ....... BTW Warriors Enjoy your cheating tarnished record that TSSAA will never check on as they cant clean up the Mess in Mempho sports !!!

Edited by DHSFB64

I am fully aware that BTW has a very solid basketball tradition. I have no theory at all.

******* I was going off the fact that most single A basketball teams cannot lose NINE (9 ) players and be as good as the year before. ****** In Memphis that can happen due to kids being able to transfer schools and not have to sit out for a year. In my humble opinion that is no different than what the D2 privates do.********

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

what he said .... .........:thumb: ....... BTW Warriors Enjoy your cheating tarnished record that TSSAA will never check on as they cant clean up the Mess in Mempho sports !!!

I said Westwood has transfers,.not BTW. BTW gets fed by it's neighborhood middle school, Vance middle school wich always has talent. Its just funny how one neighborhood can consistently produce studs. Kids in south memphis love to play basketball. And I take pride in saying that BTW IS NOT AN OPTIONAL SCHOOL LIKE WHITESTATION, RIDGWAY, WHITEHAVEN, ETC. this means only the kids that live in the small BTW neighborhood can go there. Optional schools can accept kids from ask over the city. And the reason memphis teams keep winning is because they is so much more talent than other areas, not because kids transfer. Kids love basketball here more than they do football and baseball like other parts of the state. And thats what they from birth.

I said Westwood has transfers,.not BTW. BTW gets fed by it's neighborhood middle school, Vance middle school wich always has talent. Its just funny how one neighborhood can consistently produce studs. Kids in south memphis love to play basketball. And I take pride in saying that BTW IS NOT AN OPTIONAL SCHOOL LIKE WHITESTATION, RIDGWAY, WHITEHAVEN, ETC. this means only the kids that live in the small BTW neighborhood can go there. Optional schools can accept kids from ask over the city. And the reason memphis teams keep winning is because they is so much more talent than other areas, not because kids transfer. Kids love basketball here more than they do football and baseball like other parts of the state. And thats what they from birth.

It is not that Memphis teams keep winning because they have just talent everywhere. When 4 or 5 studs can all go to one school what do you expect? Of course, that team is going to be a power.If the TSSAA would set up zones and declare specifically what middle schools fed where then the talent would be spread out and you might not be seeing as much dominance as you do now. Granted, Memphis is a hot bed for high school basketball but I would like to see a zone for each school to see how everything would really shape up. Memphis schools have a strangle hold on triple A basketball in Tennessee. Not so much in double A. Certainly not single A.

It is not that Memphis teams keep winning because they have just talent everywhere. When 4 or 5 studs can all go to one school what do you expect? Of course, that team is going to be a power.If the TSSAA would set up zones and declare specifically what middle schools fed where then the talent would be spread out and you might not be seeing as much dominance as you do now. Granted, Memphis is a hot bed for high school basketball but I would like to see a zone for each school to see how everything would really shape up. Memphis schools have a strangle hold on triple A basketball in Tennessee. Not so much in double A. Certainly not single A.

Sir, let me inform you that every school in memphis has zones. kids just cant pick and chose. it has to be a reason. the middle schools also have zones and the TSSAA has strict rules on it, Ask Jarnell Stokes from Memphis Central who plays for University of Tennessee. He's really supposed to be playing his high school senior year right now but TSSAA ruled him ineligible after trying to transfer schools to play. He was the top player in the state. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/nov/21/tssaa-board-control-denies-jarnell-stokes-hardship/

TSSAA watches memphis zones tough to make sure kids are where they are supposed to be. But most teams in Memphis have enough talent to beat anyone across the state.

Memphis schools have a strangle hold on triple A basketball in Tennessee. Not so much in double A. Certainly not single A.

This is a very accurate statement. I think Its Because of reclassification. Triple A always has been dominate. In the early 2000's they disassembled Memphis AA. Westwood, Raleigh Egpyt, Melrose, Ridgeway, Mitchell, BTW, Manassass along with others were all AA. Memphis AA had a tight strangle hold, winning the gold ball evry year. There were no Memphis teams in class A. (most of the schools is Memphis Class A now are really new charter schools) Mitchell was the puching bag of AA then they dropped to A and made it to the state semifinals then jumped back up. Manassass moved down to A and all of a sudden became a contender for title as well. They went 2 years straight and won one. Raleigh Egypt and Mitchell keep jumping between class AAA and AA. Manassas is now back in class AA. BTW is in its first year in class A. Ridgeway is now winning in class AAA. Westwood also dropped down to class A and became a contender. I think if AA and A in Memphis can gain some stability then the programs can go ahead and win year in and out. On the same note, Bolivar and Liberty are the kings of AA so its gonna be tough to get past them. They always have a lot of talent. I love those programs (had some great substate battles with Bolivar over the years)

Sir, let me inform you that every school in memphis has zones. kids just cant pick and chose. it has to be a reason. the middle schools also have zones and the TSSAA has strict rules on it, Ask Jarnell Stokes from Memphis Central who plays for University of Tennessee. He's really supposed to be playing his high school senior year right now but TSSAA ruled him ineligible after trying to transfer schools to play. He was the top player in the state. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/nov/21/tssaa-board-control-denies-jarnell-stokes-hardship/

TSSAA watches memphis zones tough to make sure kids are where they are supposed to be. But most teams in Memphis have enough talent to beat anyone across the state.

Come on man. Memphis kids jump from school to school. You know it and I it. Every year kids jump to different schools in Memphis. The TSSAA does not police Memphis very well at all. Stokes was a different animal. You cannot tell me that every year multiple familes move into the correct "zone". Westwood did not have a 7 foot player on roster last year. He is a junior so he went to a different school last year. You said 4 players transfered to Westwood. I highly doubt all those players families moved to Westwood's zone. That type of thing goes on in Memphis all the time. Like I said, YOU KNOW IT AS DO I. You seem to be very knowledgeable, but you also seem to be in denial about this situation.

Edited by FalconNation