So proud of McMinn Central Chargerettes!

paula

As a past parent of a Chargerette basketball player, I am so proud of these girls and the talented freshman that have joined this team. As expected, Masingale is doing an awesome job and deserves the title of Miss Basketball. I have also been impressed with Casteel, Young, and Morrow. I love watching Young and how aggressive she is as a player on defense. The freshman ladies that have joined the team are talented and will be a great asset to the team in the coming years. Coleman and Pirkle seem to be gaining more confidence and playing better and better. Trentham and Myers have been impressive from the beginning. Myers has been the second leading scorer before she suffered an ankle injury (hopefully coming back soon) and Trentham has been the third leading scorer. Big things will be happening for this talented team!

As a past parent of a Chargerette basketball player, I am so proud of these girls and the talented freshman that have joined this team. As expected, Masingale is doing an awesome job and deserves the title of Miss Basketball. I have also been impressed with Casteel, Young, and Morrow. I love watching Young and how aggressive she is as a player on defense. The freshman ladies that have joined the team are talented and will be a great asset to the team in the coming years. Coleman and Pirkle seem to be gaining more confidence and playing better and better. Trentham and Myers have been impressive from the beginning. Myers has been the second leading scorer before she suffered an ankle injury (hopefully coming back soon) and Trentham has been the third leading scorer. Big things will be happening for this talented team!

I agree,I love to watch Chargerette basketball!

Really amazing what Johnny Morgan and the Middle School coaches have done for that program. They don't rebuild, they just reload. Take it from me, good coaches are hard to find. Better get the checkbook out and pay them. These colleges are on the prowl for good coaches. Ask us Gibson County folks.

Really amazing what Johnny Morgan and the Middle School coaches have done for that program. They don't rebuild, they just reload. Take it from me, good coaches are hard to find. Better get the checkbook out and pay them. These colleges are on the prowl for good coaches. Ask us Gibson County folks.

Coach Morgan had a chance to coach at The University of Georgia several years back, but turned it down. I may be selfish, but I hope and believe that he will be at Central until he's done coaching.

Coach Morgan had a chance to coach at The University of Georgia several years back, but turned it down. I may be selfish, but I hope and believe that he will be at Central until he's done coaching.

I think much of the credit of Johnny's success needs to be given to:

1) when Joe Young became an assistant coach.

2) when the McMinn Fire AAU basketball girls started feeding McMinn Central.

These two things - in my opinion - were the main contributors in elevating the McMinn Central program.

Edited by blitzinbuc

I think much of the credit of Johnny's success needs to be given to:

1) when Joe Young became an assistant coach.

2) when the McMinn Fire AAU basketball girls started feeding McMinn Central.

These two things - in my opinion - were the main contributors in elevating the McMinn Central program.

Coach Young deserves A LOT of credit. His work with middle-school players is incredible.

Hope to see McMinn in the Boro next week-- I'm from West TN those teams from the area have had some great battles with the middle and east TN teams over the years.

Elizabeth is a legit D-1 prospect and very deserving of a Miss Basketball Finalist. Could see both McMinn and Livingston up at state unless they have to play each other in the sub-state.. :mellow:

Hope to see McMinn in the Boro next week-- I'm from West TN those teams from the area have had some great battles with the middle and east TN teams over the years.

Elizabeth is a legit D-1 prospect and very deserving of a Miss Basketball Finalist. Could see both McMinn and Livingston up at state unless they have to play each other in the sub-state.. :mellow:

Big talk coming out of East Hamilton.

Big talk coming out of East Hamilton.

Yeah, I've read a lot of news with commentary from their big girl. She seems to believe they'll get over the hump and finally come out on top. I personally don't believe it will happen, but I say 'good for her' in having the confidence and the passion to make such a prediction. Should be a fun game to watch tonight in East Ridge. Central has had 'home-court advantage' the past 2 games in East Ridge even though they are an hour away. Probably had 8x the fans that Red Bank had. I wonder if we'll have more than another Chattanooga team with East Ham tonight. That says a lot for the support that a little farm school in Englewood, TN has. Go Big Blue!