Clarkrange vs Friendship Christian

swanson71

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett only lost to Friendship by 6 and that is w/o a coach, so Clarkrange can certainly beat them. It was great to see the Buffaloes win and win so big! Great game! Clarkrange had by far the best student secion of both tournaments. I noticed that Friendship is such an exclusive private school that that had ONE fan for each player and coach...17 in all in the student section. They are so good about recruiting players, they need to focus now on recruting fans. I know that had at least 3 more in the stands. What is wrong with that school that they are so highly ranked and no one (except for the 17 + maybe 3) cares?! JC looked like JC again last night. I'm glad the refs FINALLY called them on their rough play and intentional fouls. They got away with it all through the district tournament, but I don't think it changed the outcome of any games. Chattanooga is weak compared to most years...both Clarkrange & Friendship have a great chance to advance to the state.

Pickett only lost to Friendship by 6 and that is w/o a coach, so Clarkrange can certainly beat them. It was great to see the Buffaloes win and win so big! Great game! Clarkrange had by far the best student secion of both tournaments. I noticed that Friendship is such an exclusive private school that that had ONE fan for each player and coach...17 in all in the student section. They are so good about recruiting players, they need to focus now on recruting fans. I know that had at least 3 more in the stands. What is wrong with that school that they are so highly ranked and no one (except for the 17 + maybe 3) cares?! JC looked like JC again last night. I'm glad the refs FINALLY called them on their rough play and intentional fouls. They got away with it all through the district tournament, but I don't think it changed the outcome of any games. Chattanooga is weak compared to most years...both Clarkrange & Friendship have a great chance to advance to the state.

here it is again THE REFS from a bobcat fan, all the players play by the same rule and yes the Blue Devils got fustrated last night and made some bad fouls but I've seen this from your team too, you have a good coach but your talent was way down and the big three only exist in your mind and zst's. I told you guys from early season there wasn't 5 points differance in all teams in 7a and the team that showed up would win the district and this year that happened to be JC. How many players does PC have from Overton co.

Edited by senator

Basketball is an after thought at FCS and that is why fans doesn't show up like other teams in the area have them show up. I've seen a few talk about "recruiting" and what not in basketball, but the players, or most anyway, are there for football and baseball purposes that just play basketball. There are more schools like Pickett, Clarkrange, Jackson County, Clay County, etc who have excelled more at basketball than FCS has. FCS will more than likely make it to the state tournament this year but it's just, what...one time in school history? However, in the last decade they've had multiple state championship appearances in baseball and football and year in and year out they among the elite in their classification. Them being good in basketball basketball doesn't bother me, because those who are there to play baseball and football also play basketball because their athletes and THIS year they just happen to be good at basketball, but when I get upset about anything it's the baseball and football situations.

Basketball is an after thought at FCS and that is why fans doesn't show up like other teams in the area have them show up. I've seen a few talk about "recruiting" and what not in basketball, but the players, or most anyway, are there for football and baseball purposes that just play basketball. There are more schools like Pickett, Clarkrange, Jackson County, Clay County, etc who have excelled more at basketball than FCS has. FCS will more than likely make it to the state tournament this year but it's just, what...one time in school history? However, in the last decade they've had multiple state championship appearances in baseball and football and year in and year out they among the elite in their classification. Them being good in basketball basketball doesn't bother me, because those who are there to play baseball and football also play basketball because their athletes and THIS year they just happen to be good at basketball, but when I get upset about anything it's the baseball and football situations.

Completely don't understand this. Last nights game was a 2 hour drive away on a school night. If you guys had been at the games at Macon County you would have seen a completely packed FCS side. Same with any of our other away games. When we played Watertown at Watertown many of our fans overflowed to the Watertown side. Basketball is completely NOT an after thought there. Love FCS or hate them, I would challenge anyone to see the drive in those boys and even remotely indicate that they are football and baseball players who are just "passing their time" between sports. You don't end your regular season at 23-2 with that sport being an "after thought".

Completely don't understand this. Last nights game was a 2 hour drive away on a school night. If you guys had been at the games at Macon County you would have seen a completely packed FCS side. Same with any of our other away games. When we played Watertown at Watertown many of our fans overflowed to the Watertown side. Basketball is completely NOT an after thought there. Love FCS or hate them, I would challenge anyone to see the drive in those boys and even remotely indicate that they are football and baseball players who are just "passing their time" between sports. You don't end your regular season at 23-2 with that sport being an "after thought".

I dont completely understand how the drive matters if you are a ball fan of the specific school? I know last year Clarkrange played Friendship in Watertown, which is around a 2 hour drive and Clarkrange fans still traveled very well. I'll admit that is a horrible drive regardless of which way you look at it. I guess its just me though. I wouldn't care what night during the week or where Crange were playing at, I would be traveling to the game, expecially it being such a big game in the region tournament! I'm not in all this FCS private vs public school mess. Dont really care about all that. I know FCS has an outstanding basketball team this year and Crange better show up to play ball. Good luck to both teams thursday night. I believe the winner of this game will be headed to the state tournament, and also believe that whoever loses has a really good chance in also going to state. The Chattanooga teams are not the same as they were last year and the years before. The 2 upsets last night eliminated the top 2 teams in that region. But again good luck to everyone thursday night. Hope to see a good ball game.

Edited by archeryhunter

As I said most are there to play football and baseball, but the are athletes who choose to play basketball. I never said they didn't try at it or they weren't good at it, but the sport most EXCEL in is football and baseball. The 2 hour drive is not a very good excuse because as I said before Watertown, another Wilson County School, made the drive and packed the house during their game. Last year at Gville during the girls district championship, I would guess RBS outnumbered FCS fans 2 to 1. Had last nights game been a baseball or football game you wouldn't have been able to find a seat on the FCS side.

I'm not against FCS, just stating what I observe. I hope FCS ends up at Murfreesboro along with Crange representing this region. :thumb:

As I said most are there to play football and baseball, but the are athletes who choose to play basketball. I never said they didn't try at it or they weren't good at it, but the sport most EXCEL in is football and baseball. The 2 hour drive is not a very good excuse because as I said before Watertown, another Wilson County School, made the drive and packed the house during their game. Last year at Gville during the girls district championship, I would guess RBS outnumbered FCS fans 2 to 1. Had last nights game been a baseball or football game you wouldn't have been able to find a seat on the FCS side.

Guess you didnt know that the jr high softball and baseball teams as well as the High school soft ball team had games last night as well we had a banquet pre scheduled for last night. Dont worry about how many fans we have at a game, worry about finding a way to beat us. Good luck

Guess you didnt know that the jr high softball and baseball teams as well as the High school soft ball team had games last night as well we had a banquet pre scheduled for last night. Dont worry about how many fans we have at a game, worry about finding a way to beat us. Good luck

Well i'm sure it was just a scrimmage given the fact high school softball or baseball isn't allowed to start actually playing games until the 2nd monday in March. I could careless about the amount of fans, it just proves my point that basketball is a 2nd thought at FCS.

Well i'm sure it was just a scrimmage given the fact high school softball or baseball isn't allowed to start actually playing games until the 2nd monday in March. I could careless about the amount of fans, it just proves my point that basketball is a 2nd thought at FCS.

Sure your right, i guess you think rbs is a sports powerhouse, now that's funny.